• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
This is my first real try with poems. I must admit I always disliked poetry but in these days I had a strong desire of writing something with an elevated level of English, not the common style I normally use when commenting. I already created a hilarious poem before to mock our examiner and share a laugh with all the "victims" of exams but this time I created a serious poem about death. Forgive the unoriginal title, I focused more on the content itself. Enough talking, let's get to it. This is a poem where I say to a friend how death can be cruel with people and inevitable.

Listen, my friend, as the bitter symphony of death echoes
Contemplate as it crushes people's egos

The threat is imminent yet nobody knows
An atrocious malice thrives as fear grows

They can run, they can hide, but they cannot flee
Obscurity hounds them and they are no more free

Their forlorn hopes wane then vanish
Why hoping? Their fate will not be lavish

The nightmare shall begin to be their bane
All their struggles shall fade in vain

They blink for a moment then they no more exist
Everyone succumbs, nobody can resist

Death has come and none has survived
For it couldn't be shunned, it could only be embraced

Naturally, suggestions and opinions are very welcome. If you would like to recommend changes, I'd be happy to hear them (but no radical changes heh). Tell me what you liked/disliked. If the comments will be mostly positive, I may consider creating another poem.

I find this oart :
The nightmare shall begin to be their bane
All their struggles shall fade in vain
Has an off with other partts, now, what's the off? The 2 lines doesn't end with same formation as other, while other parts end with an A-A formation, this ends with A-B formation.
I personally would change "fade in vain" with either "fade and wane" (not efficient imo) or "painfully fade"

Also, these could be changed :
of (1st line) -> from
no more (11th line) -> cannot/couldn't/can't

However, that's all rather taste. So come my taste sensitivity, but yeah, disregard them if you dislike them :)

Since, like most Death poem, I could grasp the message quite easily and for this one, I liked it, especially the second part :
The threat is imminent yet nobody knows
An atrocious malice thrives as fear grows

Status
Not open for further replies.