• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ride the Lightning

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a mini campaign that follows a bunch of bountyhunters doing jobs throughout the universe.

- 4 diffrent difficulties.
- Make sure you have "options - gameplay - display subtiles" box marked before u play these maps.

Keywords:
mini campaign sc2
Contents

Tosh 01.SC2Map (Map)

Tosh 02.SC2Map (Map)

Tosh 03.SC2Map (Map)

Tosh 04.SC2Map (Map)

Tosh 05.SC2Map (Map)

Reviews
17:00, 12th May 2016 Moderator: This is a moderator comment to ease people's consciousnesses that this hasn't been moderated after 5 years. [16:44, 28th May 2016] Map: Ride the Lightning Version: 1.00 Review by Shar Dundred Aesthetics...

M

17:00, 12th May 2016
Moderator: This is a moderator comment to ease people's consciousnesses that this hasn't been moderated after 5 years.

[16:44, 28th May 2016]
Map: Ride the Lightning
Version: 1.00
Review
by Shar Dundred

Aesthetics
The design of the first map seemed very promising. There were many ways to go around.
However, the terrain itself was rather lacking. It wasn't completly empty or anything, but it had a serious lack of doodads.
I think Mission Four had the worst terrain, there was almost nothing to be found on the entire map.
The following maps had an inferior design and the same lack of doodads.

The cinematics were on blackscreen and because of a bug with the dialogues, I had nothing to read or look at.

1/5

Story
The maps of this mini campaign have several localization issues which replace their actual lines with "Param/Value/..." lines, which makes it pretty hard to judge/understand what's actually going on or what you even have to do.
In the end, I just won by running around and killing everything.

The "Param/Value/..." issue makes it impossible to understand any of the story.
I only understood, from the loading screens, that Tosh jumped from Mar Sara to Shakuras, Korhal, "Arcatraz" and then to Char.
This issue could be fixed by opening and editing the map with an mpq editor. There are some tutorials out there that explain how to do it.

This should really get fixed for this campaign to get approval.

1/5

Gameplay
The gameplay of this campaign is pretty basic, seek and destroy, and I think that's not too bad. However, since many map designs were pretty basic
However, it was pretty annoying that I had to search the entire map for Zerg even after I destroyed their base. There should be some way to make this more interesting, or at least easier to locate the missing enemies.

2/5

Overall
The age of this mini campaign is most likely the reason why it has so many issues.
Should you ever decide to work on this again, I think a campaign based on Tosh has much potential, you should improve the terrain of this, think about how you can make the gameplay more unique and interesting and, of course, fix the localization bug along with making the cinematics more exciting and interesting.

Also, the description of this is very lacking.

1/5
Rejected!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
[16:44, 28th May 2016]
Map: Ride the Lightning
Version: 1.00
Review
by Shar Dundred

Aesthetics
The design of the first map seemed very promising. There were many ways to go around.
However, the terrain itself was rather lacking. It wasn't completly empty or anything, but it had a serious lack of doodads.
I think Mission Four had the worst terrain, there was almost nothing to be found on the entire map.
The following maps had an inferior design and the same lack of doodads.

The cinematics were on blackscreen and because of a bug with the dialogues, I had nothing to read or look at.

1/5

Story
The maps of this mini campaign have several localization issues which replace their actual lines with "Param/Value/..." lines, which makes it pretty hard to judge/understand what's actually going on or what you even have to do.
In the end, I just won by running around and killing everything.

The "Param/Value/..." issue makes it impossible to understand any of the story.
I only understood, from the loading screens, that Tosh jumped from Mar Sara to Shakuras, Korhal, "Arcatraz" and then to Char.
This issue could be fixed by opening and editing the map with an mpq editor. There are some tutorials out there that explain how to do it.

This should really get fixed for this campaign to get approval.

1/5

Gameplay
The gameplay of this campaign is pretty basic, seek and destroy, and I think that's not too bad. However, since many map designs were pretty basic
However, it was pretty annoying that I had to search the entire map for Zerg even after I destroyed their base. There should be some way to make this more interesting, or at least easier to locate the missing enemies.

2/5

Overall
The age of this mini campaign is most likely the reason why it has so many issues.
Should you ever decide to work on this again, I think a campaign based on Tosh has much potential, you should improve the terrain of this, think about how you can make the gameplay more unique and interesting and, of course, fix the localization bug along with making the cinematics more exciting and interesting.

Also, the description of this is very lacking.

1/5
Rejected!