[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > SC2 Resources

This resource is not available
Old 05-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Tleno
Goggles are obligatory

Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)
Still, though Goblins may be useful, these weapons don't look so...
Old 05-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Statharas
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (455)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (455)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (455)
Weapons are actually fine. You would just use them in your map as doodads or attachments.

The hive dying? Blergh, it's getting reanimated.
Statharas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Sube2
KoRn

Sube2 has little to show at this moment (12)Sube2 has little to show at this moment (12)
Once again, glad you took the models out of the map i let you borrow and posted them here.
Pretty awesome.
Sube2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User Rispetto
umad?

Rispetto will become famous soon enough (112)Rispetto will become famous soon enough (112)Rispetto will become famous soon enough (112)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sube2 View Post
Once again, glad you took the models out of the map i let you borrow and posted them here.
Pretty awesome.
You didn't make them.
Blizzard Entertainment did.
Rispetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User Sube2
KoRn

Sube2 has little to show at this moment (12)Sube2 has little to show at this moment (12)
I never said I made them.
Sube2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User RedClaw
The Shapeshifter

RedClaw is a jewel in the rough (150)
Since when did Hive work allow wow rips?
RedClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (455)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (455)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (455)
From the time Blizzard got fascinated from the wow models in top maps in Sc2 :3

Old 07-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User Dr Super Good
Imperial Good

Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)
Merit Badge - Level 1: Great Assistant: Offers the best solution to other users, when all hope fades. Under the shell of assistance, lies a powerful knowledge in the fields. Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. User of the Year: 2010 
Quote:
Since when did Hive work allow wow rips?
Since that rule stopped making sense (included SC2). It currently says that ports from any non-WC3 game are not allowed despite supporting SC2 models which are from SC2 so one could port WC3 models to SC2 and be fine while the otherway does not hold. That combined with this section having no rules means that I am using simlar moderation criteria to what blizzard would use for such things as ports.

A port from WoW is allowed as Blizzard has shown not to respond to them in a negative way in SC2 but it is prefered if it is enhanced to use the SC2 engine more fully.
A port from a non Blizzard game such as Warhammer is not allowed as Blizzard would have copyright problems with it.

Further evidence is the fact that WoW basic is free to play. This means that everyone can download and play a version of WoW for as long as they want completly legally although limited in the content available. Incase you have problems understanding what this means, it means that everyone is entitled to play some version of WoW for free with a large majoritory of the content within it.
Dr Super Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User RedClaw
The Shapeshifter

RedClaw is a jewel in the rough (150)
So now can i upload wow rips here?
Btw nice wepon :)
RedClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User Tleno
Goggles are obligatory

Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)Tleno is a glorious beacon of light (592)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalWow2010 View Post
So now can i upload wow rips here?
Btw nice wepon :)
No. No rips.
I guess you can use model based on WoW resources, but completely stealing one from Blizz... just no.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

Well, if the rule i designed gets through, you will be able to, but you will have to do shitloads of work to get it on here.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User Dr Super Good
Imperial Good

Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3284)
Merit Badge - Level 1: Great Assistant: Offers the best solution to other users, when all hope fades. Under the shell of assistance, lies a powerful knowledge in the fields. Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. User of the Year: 2010 
Quote:
No. No rips.
I guess you can use model based on WoW resources, but completely stealing one from Blizz... just no.
As long as the model meets the quality requirements and is correctly credited, you can port from WoW. Clamining a WoW models is your own or if the model is badly damaged during porting will be rejected though.

FIREARM_2H_RIFLE_HELLFIRE_D_01_GLOW.tga appears curropted.
Also any reason these are not .dds? Would using 4cc compression be detrimental? You sure data was not lost during the port (such as mapmaps as I know WC3's .blp files had them)?

Last edited by Dr Super Good; 07-12-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Dr Super Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User Rispetto
umad?

Rispetto will become famous soon enough (112)Rispetto will become famous soon enough (112)Rispetto will become famous soon enough (112)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Super Good View Post
As long as the model meets the quality requirements and is correctly credited, you can port from WoW. Clamining a WoW models is your own or if the model is badly damaged during porting will be rejected though.

FIREARM_2H_RIFLE_HELLFIRE_D_01_GLOW.tga appears curropted.
Also any reason these are not .dds? Would using 4cc compression be detrimental? You sure data was not lost during the port (such as mapmaps as I know WC3's .blp files had them)?
If a file was corrupted it may have happened during the extraction.
If you like I can extract again and re-upload in hopes of fixing the problem.
Again the only work I am personally doing is turning on the program, selecting the weapon and hitting "Extract to Desktop" then uploading to the Hive.

If any mods have any problems with this, as stated before, I would have absolutely no problem removing them from the resource section (or just close the threads I'm sure moderators have that power).
As was said before if some 'paperwork' needs to be done, I'm sure we can figure something out. The whole reason for me uploading was to improve the SC2 Resource section as it is quite lacking.
Having a bigger resource section for mods will increase our activity seeing as how people looking for models and such have not found a good place in order to hunt for good stuff (save sc2mapster, but I just don't like it as much as Hive. Too difficult to navigate and what not. More just a personal preference).

Please keep in mind that my soul intention is for the benefit of Hive and no other.
I could have easily used any of these models for myself and simply not uploaded them and saved myself the hassle, but I care about this community (seeing as I love it so much) and am willing to work to keep it active and healthy (:
Rispetto is offline   Reply With Quote