• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well I asked a while back to join haven't I?
Anyway!
attachment.php

Name: Savanaresh The Scourge

Stats:

• Vigor - 3
  • Strength - 6
  • Precision - 1
  • Agility - 4

Personality:
Neutral Evil. Scourge is shy and doesn't talk very often., as a person he is
selfish and greedy. He would betray anyone for his own personal gain.
In combat he is very aggressive and likes to rush in on the enemy. In other
words he doesn't care about his life or lives of others. He wants the coin.
Because he is carrying light armor he is very fast.
He is left handed.

Physical traits:
Blue eyes, red hair (although bald, that's his hair color)

Equipment:
Black leather armor, plate armor on shoulders and wrists, steel sword.

Magic:
Blackswamp Leather (gloves) - 1 Fire

Backstory:
Savanaresh had bad luck since his birth, since his mother wasn't married she had
to drop him in a small river to avoid punishment for having a child before marriage.
The current took him to a old forest where an abandoned fortress called Saint Irina stood.
Irina's walls may be old and broken but it's indoors were still very usable.
Inside of the fortress the local bandits are housed, one of those bandits while outside
spotted the baby floating in the river. The bandits managed to save the baby and for it's
entire childhood they trained it to be the ultimate bandit. And that today is Savanaresh.
Well he is not exactly like they imagined. But he works.

Today after years of training Savanaresh is looking to be a messanger for hire. He will
carry messages around the kingdom for coin. No need for pigeons and other methods that
can be shot down. Why not use a berserk bandit instead? He will get the job done.
Savanaresh also works as a mercenary.

Attachments

• 0988602155678811236945035.png
    0988602155678811236945035.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Level 16
Added two new mechanics to the OP, namely stats and magic.
I need to require everyone to update their character sheet to accommodate the new mechanics. Read the form under the Joining section to find out what to add.

I will soon be adding the roll mechanics and the difficulty chart.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Level 26
Added two new mechanics to the OP, namely stats and magic.
I need to require everyone to update their character sheet to accommodate the new mechanics. Read the form under the Joining section to find out what to add.

I will soon be adding the roll mechanics and the difficulty chart.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

How many of those stat points do we begin with? It would be wise to specify what amount we begin with so that we can allocate the stats without anyone adding too much or too little.

Level 7
Incidentally, my character already has listed 2 infused weapons, though, simply due to the fighting style, it makes sense to have both infused(2 swords are not better than 1, after all).

Would it be possible to keep that, in the sense that both of the weapons together dictate her fighting style and practically make her "one" weapon?

Level 16
@minimage, dead fish
every stat starts at 1 so you can't have 0 in a stat you haven't invested in. for character creation, you are given 10 points to distribute. these are indicated under the stats an form sheet sections respectively.
sorry if it was't made clear enough. I'll try to make the explanation better.

@lucy.
hmm.
you can have both weapons be infused but the intensity will be split in half. so that's 0.5 intensity for each of the blades. I know this may make the weapons' background seem off because of how weak the magic intensity is so maybe you could add something to the story to have a reason for the blades to be weak.

Level 7
@lucy.
hmm.
you can have both weapons be infused but the intensity will be split in half. so that's 0.5 intensity for each of the blades. I know this may make the weapons' background seem off because of how weak the magic intensity is so maybe you could add something to the story to have a reason for the blades to be weak.
Hum, not exactly what I imagined, but okay, guess I got to work with that. Though, I have no idea how to..eh.. reason that. Little help?

Level 26
You said that everyone was granted a collector. Is it possible to infuse one object with two collectors, thus upgrading it to the next level? Because I'd do that if I could up my characters hoodie to level 2, otherwise it wont really make sense, story wise. XD

Since if Sunny acquired the hoodie at level 1, it would only make sense for him to be able to up it to level 2 or is the collector you speak of something that counts for all things that you found as well? In Lucy's case, she regained her swords (That's what I interpreted it as anyhow), thus hinting to her being the one who infused them.

As for explanations to why the swords could only retain 50% intensity. Let's assume that the swords were broken and then repaired, the steel hammered into the blade to fix them up also diluted the liquified collector. As having about the same mass of iron hammered into the blade as an entirely different sword. This compromise of story would make her blades twice as heavy, so eh, maybe not. Another idea would be to assume that when Lucy ran, the enemies that swarmed towards her fractured her blades, forcing her to run, leaving the man she liked to die to avoid death herself. This would also make more sense for her to become vengeful and cold as she would blame herself partly for the mans death.

Could be useful, feel free to mix it up however you'd like. If you go with the second alternative, her most recent and pressing concerns would be repairing her weapons.

Also, here's my updated character sheet. I'm setting the heat intensity to 1 in the meantime, please answer asap what you think about my question regarding intensities.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2597610-post46.html

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I got a question about the whole "infuse items with magic" thing.
1 means no effect at all? Does this mean that the first magic point is useless or does every item start with 1 point and the one point we get is to enhance to level 2? If it is useless, does it mean, that the other items are at level 0?
Wouldn't it make more sense that every item starts at level 1 (like the attributes)?

Level 26
Btw. I got quite curious when you specified percentage infusion. This opens up an enormous amount of possibilities. For example, if you have a little sheet of thin metal infused by a tenth of the mass of one collector, it would thus retain 10% of any one of the available elements. That would imply that you could in fact use another 10% and infused another sheet of metal and bolt the first sheet into the second. This would mean that you would still have 80% left to infuse other components with.

Let's assume you had fire and cold. Fire and cold would both continuously be "fighting" each other.

How does a gun work? Key Components.

Recoil Assembly - absorbs the chock from firing the gun.
The Receiver - Houses all the lower components, serves as a means to hold the gun.
The Magazine - Holds the ammunition
Trigger - When pulled moves the striker.
The Striker - Strikes the bullets
The Slider - Houses top components.
Barrel - What the bullets travel down through.
The Cartridge - Consists of the Bullet, Gunpowder and Shell.

Loading:
Disengage the safety to load it. The Slide retracts and the Magazine pushes the cartridges up.

Firing
A single cartridge is loaded into the barrel. Pulling the trigger moves the striker. The striker hits the cartridge, igniting the gunpowder. The bullet is fired. The empty shell is ejected.

Regeneration - Objects are quickly repaired when damaged.
Shield - Objects are tougher
Flight - Items are lighter.
Fire - Objects generate heat.
Cold - Items generate cold.
Lightning - Objects generate electricity.

So, in conclusion. A gun would be able to be completed using three collectors.
I'm gonna write a fantasy concept for such a gun.

Fantasy gun. Key Components.

Recoil Assembly - absorbs the chock from firing the gun
//A spring infused with 20% regenerative properties, with a bolt infused with 20% lightning on one end and another bolt with 20% lightning. As each bolt connected to the gun essentially becomes electromagnets, they will both repel each other. Cushioning the spring, allowing it to absorb most of the recoil.
The Receiver - Houses all the lower components, serves as a means to hold the gun.
The Container - Holds the pressure.
// Consists of two long metal tubes with one end sealed and the other end connected to the valve. The layer of metal on the inside of the container is infused with 100% of one collector for heat. The layer outside of the container will be infused 100% with one collector for cold. It will continually keep creating heat when activated, building up pressure in the container. The layer of cold will prevent it from just becoming searing hot and instead generate pressure.
Trigger - When pulled opens the valve.
The valve - When opened, the pressure that had been built up will be instantly released.
The Slider - Houses top components.
Barrel - What the bullets travel down through.
//Infused with 20% shield to the outside and a thick layer on the inside infused with 20% regenerative to. The pressure will thus hit the regenerative layer while the shield layer contains the force and once fired, the regenerative layer will take a hit. After a lot of bullets has been fired in rapid succession, the user needs to wait for the regenerative layer to regenerate.
Ammunition slot - It's what's being fired.

Loading:
Stop channeling the heat, open up the ammunition slot, pour in rocks of appropriate sizes. Close the slot and lock it.

Firing
A single rock is loaded into the barrel. Pulling the trigger releases the valve, the built up pressure in the container is released all at once. The bullet is fired. The recoil of the gun moves another rock up into the barrel, knocks it back into Recoil Assembly that absorbs most of the recoil, allowing one to fire rapidly.

But hey it's only a theory based on boredom. If one was able to infuse elements to create earth, as in rocks. You would have a gun that fires rapidly and doesn't run out of ammo. The only reason you'd be forced to wait would be to wait for the regenerative layer to regenerate. Can anyone of you guys tell that I am bored yet? ;D

Oh yeah, one would have the add a pressure gauge so that you can track how much pressure the thing has too.

Last edited:
Level 16
Ok so everyone, you can initially only have ONE level of intensity on ONE equipment. If you want to infuse more than one equipment, the 1 level intensity must be split.

@Minimage
Collectors are reusable which means you can absorb and infuse as many times as you want but the limit is that it can only contain 1 type of magic and the item you are infusing must be of the same type or else the newer type will replace the older. For example, you can't absorb fire while your collector contains ice. If you want the fire magic instead of ice, you must purge the collector of ice by infusing any object.
Infusing raises the level of intensity on an object by 1.

Percentage infusing is possible but is very weak. A metal infused with 10% of fire will only generate a slightly warm heat.

As for the gun, it sounds awesome but is advanced for the age the RP takes place in.

@Shar
Level of magic functions differently from stats. All uninfused objects have 0 level of intensity and will not provide a bonus for rolls. If you infused an object with ice for example, it will have a level 1 ice intensity and will provide a +2(21) bonus added to your rolls.

@Lucy
Why not have the weapons get severely damaged and thus losing most of its magic.

Level 26
I meant like this. If my character finds the hoodie at level 1, infused with level 1 heat. Then infuses his collector into the hoodie with heat intensity. Does that up the hoodie to level 2 in heat intensity? Since that is what required for the user to be able to create a flame..

Heat Intensity level 1 + Heat Intensity level 1 = Heat Intensity level 2?
Sunny being able to set things on fire is at the core of the personality I developed.

Logically speaking, if all the hoodie did was keep him at a comfortably warm level of heat, Sunny wouldn't have ventured on his quest. Unless level 1 can create flame, Sunny would need level 2.

Level 7
Think the problem both Minimage and I experience is a discrepancy between combat system and the fantasy behind the objects our characters have - in MiniMage's scenario, it is a somewhat severe discrepancy. This isn't too easy to resolve I'd say, though, one could just overlook it. Also, here is the updated character sheet thingy of mine...

Definitely not a Virus

Level 16
Like I said. Infusion raises the intensity level by 1 so Heat Intensity level 1 + Heat Intensity level 1 = Heat Intensity level 2 is correct.

The reason really for having a 1 level item at the start is for balance. A level 2 item would give a +4 to their rolls which is big already during the start of the RP.

I'm really sorry about this confusion. I started this thread without any mechanics in mind other than the player actions so I kinda overlooked these things. I knew adding these things was gonna make the RP complicated but I didn't expect it to affect the story of a character.

MiniMage's situation is more difficult to resolve than Lucy's. What if the merchant, to get back his "stolen" loot, swapped the hoodie with a weaker one while Sunny wasn't looking. Why the merchant went through the trouble to do this is because he was a bit scared of Sunny and if he just took it, Sunny would beat the crap out of him again.

Level 26
.. But alas, all the loot he found was only a pink bunnie hoodie. The Bunny Hoodie of Moderately Warm Temperatures, to be exact. This hoodie has been infused with the element of level 1 heat. Sunny didn't realize that something was wrong because when he picked up a cool stick it was just a little bit warm. So he acknowledged that it was a cool stick. Then Sunny went home to sleep. Here ends the quest of Sunny ...

That's basically how the tale would end if he received a hoodie with heat intensity level 1. Besides, the merchant can't have a hoodie with a weaker intensity. Because then it's not infused at all.

Maybe you could say that it was half infused and then infused by Sunny, to 1,5. That would at least enable sunny to create a very tiny flame, enough to set fire to a stick. Possibly? Or maybe we could raise the base stats to like 13 to allocate and you could sacrifice 3 stat points to get a second collector or something like that. Just for the beginning though. That could balance it all out.

The mobs would just have to be readjusted a little bit with this though process and it could work, right?

Last edited:
Level 9
Ok so everyone, you can initially only have ONE level of intensity on ONE equipment. If you want to infuse more than one equipment, the 1 level intensity must be split.

@Minimage
Collectors are reusable which means you can absorb and infuse as many times as you want but the limit is that it can only contain 1 type of magic and the item you are infusing must be of the same type or else the newer type will replace the older. For example, you can't absorb fire while your collector contains ice. If you want the fire magic instead of ice, you must purge the collector of ice by infusing any object.
Infusing raises the level of intensity on an object by 1.

Percentage infusing is possible but is very weak. A metal infused with 10% of fire will only generate a slightly warm heat.

As for the gun, it sounds awesome but is advanced for the age the RP takes place in.

@Shar
Level of magic functions differently from stats. All uninfused objects have 0 level of intensity and will not provide a bonus for rolls. If you infused an object with ice for example, it will have a level 1 ice intensity and will provide a +2(21) bonus added to your rolls.

@Lucy
Why not have the weapons get severely damaged and thus losing most of its magic.

Awww I was unnoticed...

My question being, is it alright if my magic weapon does nothing but contain magic, like a fireball is shot at me and I can absorb that fire magic, I cannot reproduce it (like shoot the fire back) and it cannot absorb more magic until the magic inside has been removed (hopefully I can expand on this later)

Level 26
Awww I was unnoticed...

My question being, is it alright if my magic weapon does nothing but contain magic, like a fireball is shot at me and I can absorb that fire magic, I cannot reproduce it (like shoot the fire back) and it cannot absorb more magic until the magic inside has been removed (hopefully I can expand on this later)

Mx0, I loved that manga, sad it was canceled.

If you use a similar kind of magic. When a magic is targeted and thrown towards you, the magic will deal 80% of it actually would and then the remaining 20% would be absorbed. However, you can only shoot off cheap imitations of what you absorbed, granted it would depend on your level of mastery. With a low level mastery, the result would be that a glorious fireball thrown at you would absorb a tiny portion and send back an even smaller, a tiny fireball that can barely hurt a toddler with sunscreen back at the caster. You can only use one type of spell at once, a spell you've absorbed or the absorb effect itself. Basically, to be able to absorb multiple spells, you must first shoot the spell you have currently absorbed to be able absorb a percentage of the next spell and shoot off that one before you can absorb another and so on.

This would generally demand a high level of vigor to be utilized more efficiently. You could call it Mirror infusion type. To make it even more tricky, you could give a percentage chance that you wont absorb anything at all and simply just negate a portion of the enemies attack. Upgrades of this particular spell would up the amount it blocks and give it a higher percentage to absorb the amount it blocks.

This would actually be a rather lovely spell for a melee loving knight. It's basically a magic specifically for an anti-mage. Might be too complicated for this RP though.

Last edited:
Level 9
Mx0, I loved that manga, sad it was canceled.

If you use a similar kind of magic. When a magic is targeted and thrown towards you, the magic will deal 80% of it actually would and then the remaining 20% would be absorbed. However, you can only shoot off cheap imitations of what you absorbed, granted it would depend on your level of mastery. With a low level mastery, the result would be that a glorious fireball thrown at you would absorb a tiny portion and send back an even smaller, a tiny fireball that can barely hurt a toddler with sunscreen back at the caster. You can only use one type of spell at once, a spell you've absorbed or the absorb effect itself. Basically, to be able to absorb multiple spells, you must first shoot the spell you have currently absorbed to be able absorb a percentage of the next spell and shoot off that one before you can absorb another and so on.

This would generally demand a high level of vigor to be utilized more efficiently. You could call it Mirror infusion type. To make it even more tricky, you could give a percentage chance that you wont absorb anything at all and simply just negate a portion of the enemies attack. Upgrades of this particular spell would up the amount it blocks and give it a higher percentage to absorb the amount it blocks.

This would actually be a rather lovely spell for a melee loving knight. It's basically a magic specifically for an anti-mage. Might be too complicated for this RP though.

Not sure what Manga you are talking about?

However this would be purely defensive, so it wouldn't actually reproduce magic, it would just grab and store it, making the magic almost dormient. Yes it is basically an anti-mage glove, but without any offensive capability, for now anyway... You said that would require high vigor which is funny if you check out my character stats, I believe I have the Highest Vigor value out of our team, so this would work well for me.

Level 16
@Zzonehardy
I'm sorry but that spell hasn't been discovered yet. You need to pick from the known list.

@MiniMage
I meant that Sunny got the level 2 hoodie from the merchant and ignited the stick which sparked his interest in shinies just like the original story but before Sunny went too far from his town, the merchant swapped the level 2 hoodie Sunny has with an identical level 1 hoodie.

Level 26
But sunny literally is a firestarter. It's not like he would stop setting stuff on fire at any point in time and I'm pretty sure he'd face stab anyone who would attempt to take it away from him. You're basically telling me that you could replace a flamethrower with earmuffs and expecting the user not to notice. Besides, it's a hoodie. It's not something you can just steal and replace, because Sunny is literally wearing the thing. XD

Story errors would affect Shar Dundred's character as well. As he is the one who want to create an ice age, him having the ability to just make himself slightly colder is hilarious and that too breaks the story of his character.

Chen's character faces similar errors, not only because of infusion type magic, but his ability to create arrows out of thin air would conflict with your spell system. Something he would have to change to make his character acceptable.

Zzonehardy is also heavily dependent on spells. Suffers same issues as Chen.

Wolffman's character retains regeneration, while not completely bound by story, it has a minor ties. As is typical of holy knights (People generally refer to this as Paladins), healing others or themselves is key to the character. But since level 1 is so weak for everyone, it will literally make her just an average knight that just heals a little bit faster than others.

The only one who are not as dependent on magic is DEAD FiSH, but that's because he never specified anything like that, because his character is downright suicidal.

So uh, yeah.. You got a couple characters that can not represent themselves and the one who can, doesn't care if he lives or dies. I'm not in the mood to rewrite a new character to fit with this world. I feel you should rethink your definition of intensities, because to be quite honest, I'd rather swap the RP thread than rewrite all that. Spent about two hours making that, after all.

Last edited:
Level 9
@Zzonehardy
I'm sorry but that spell hasn't been discovered yet. You need to pick from the known list.

Oh, is that a spell? I was thinking of it, as the lack of magic, does that make sense? An empty collector? Or do they not work that way?

Zzonehardy is also heavily dependent on spells.

Why is mine the only excuse without an explanation? if anything my character has very little use of magic at all xD

Level 16
@Minimage:
Shar's character will eventually get to create ice from his weapon if he levels it. It'll be much quicker than you think.
For Chen, I've sent him a PM.
Zzonehardy, I have an idea for it.
Wolffman's regeneration is infused on the Cuirass which means if the armor is damaged, it will regenerate it.

But, I will try to make a list of effects each magic type has for each level.
I'll also make infusion stronger..

@Zzonehardy:
I meant magic sorry. You can have a collector replace the grey orb on your char's gloves so it can absorb magic though the downside here is that once the collector is full, you need to infuse an object to continue absorbing magic attacks.

Level 9
@Zzonehardy:
I meant magic sorry. You can have a collector replace the grey orb on your char's gloves so it can absorb magic though the downside here is that once the collector is full, you need to infuse an object to continue absorbing magic attacks.

That's kind of what the grey orb was, I have no idea what a collector looks like, and yeah that was the general idea, just want to keep my options open, it doesn't really work with my story to just "have magic" ya know?

Last edited:
Level 16
Another update!
Made infusion stronger so character backstory shouldn't feel ridiculous. Also added the Difficulty Chart and Bonuses and Penalties.

If you have and complaints or suggestions, don't be afraid to tell me.

The final update should include everything else that is needed.

Level 26
Another update!
Made infusion stronger so character backstory shouldn't feel ridiculous. Also added the Difficulty Chart and Bonuses and Penalties.

If you have and complaints or suggestions, don't be afraid to tell me.

The final update should include everything else that is needed.

Wonderful. Just checked it out and edited my character sheet. Well done, now everything should work just fine. Oh and btw, if we keep that in mind I got an idea for what can have damaged your blades, Lucy. You know in your story when you struck the two together and slammed the two into the floor to create mist? Let's say that doing so is a bad idea and the already worn out nature of the two blades caused the two blades to fracture and as such, the swords were weakened significantly. Or maybe Lucy's captors tried to hammer her swords into pieces, wanting to extract collector fluid from them while unsuccessful, that would explain why the blades would be weakened enough to fracture from being smashed together.

That's kind of what the grey orb was, I have no idea what a collector looks like, and yeah that was the general idea, just want to keep my options open, it doesn't really work with my story to just "have magic" ya know?

Basically, your glove could be enchanted with magical intensity of Shield? That would block anything, just not magic, right? Or you could have a heavy armor with flight imbued into it. That would basically make you a fast hulking tank.

Level 9
Basically, your glove could be enchanted with magical intensity of Shield? That would block anything, just not magic, right? Or you could have a heavy armor with flight imbued into it. That would basically make you a fast hulking tank.

Ok. I'm going to explain this once more, and Gun, correct me if I am wrong, but this is my understanding. Basically we all "at some point" were given a collector, which is an item that can contain and utilize magic, whereas us humans cannot without great physical strain, and possibly death. Our collectors can hold one type of magic, but can be re-used, which means they are given to us empty, they are not made with the magic inside, and we chose what magic to put in them. This enables us to re-equip different more powerful magics when we receive them. (Ex. I have a level 1 Fire magic in my collector, after defeating a Snow Troll, I receive a level 2 Ice magic, so I remove and get rid of my fire magic and now my collector is holding level 2 Ice magic. "Level: Meaning Intensity")

Now on to my glove, which I believe Gunslinger approved if I remember correctly. Seeing as we all received a collector through either story, or becoming a Hunter, our characters all have them, and magic. However, my character will be starting as a fresh hunter and has yet to go on a mission to obtain his own magic, it makes no sense for him to have any. When I received my collector My Character (either through sewing, or ironworks, however a collector is attached to something.) was connected to the back of my glove, that is all the glove is, an empty collector, a magic item without an enchantment, ready to obtain one.

The description I gave was a cosmetic description purely, seeing as I have no idea what Gun has in mind for what a collector looks like, I merely guessed a grey-orb would look like what a collector could look like. The veins on the inside being some sort of conductor, basically the same exact function except I wouldn't have to turn my hand around (not much of an inconvenience but if it bothers you I can do that too).

------------------------------------
Summery:

-I have not chosen a magic type yet
-I have an empty conductor; attached to a glove.
-There is NO enchantment on this conductor; shield, regen, fire, etc.
-Any magic installed in my conductor must be Intensity 1 - or lower.

------------------------------------

Hope this cleared things up? If anything it's; yet another, disadvantage on my part, but I like having to work for my Overpoweredness, I like making it happen in game so don't you worry, i'll get there. :ogre_hurrhurr:

I was just trying to think outside the box, and if I cannot have an empty magic holder, can someone explain why? If this isn't how collectors work, then someone please clear it up for me xD i'm obviously confused.

Last edited:
Level 7
Wonderful. Just checked it out and edited my character sheet. Well done, now everything should work just fine. Oh and btw, if we keep that in mind I got an idea for what can have damaged your blades, Lucy. You know in your story when you struck the two together and slammed the two into the floor to create mist? Let's say that doing so is a bad idea and the already worn out nature of the two blades caused the two blades to fracture and as such, the swords were weakened significantly. Or maybe Lucy's captors tried to hammer her swords into pieces, wanting to extract collector fluid from them while unsuccessful, that would explain why the blades would be weakened enough to fracture from being smashed together.
Well. I left it pretty simple as in "damaged in the escape" - I find it somewhat unnecessary to add so many details about that(After all, they are still fine swords with a lil magic power in them, which will probably grow within the RP itself)
As both of us pointed out: The magic in the swords is not that important, story-wise - a fine sword is a fine sword.

@Gunslinger: Little question~
The 0,5 intensity still seems very.. strange to me, fantasy-wise. But you mentioned balance issues, did you not? Well, Lucy uses both her swords for an attack, naturally. One cannot let that count as two attacks, however.. So, if the intensity would be 1 for each sword, but their bonuses would be halved in combat, there wouldn't be a problem, or? And this way, I would not have this strange 0.5 intensity, nor a problem with the fantasy behind the magic itself.
Other than that, I wanted to clarify: A collector can only contain one type of magic at a time...Which seems to cause future problem with the whole two-weapon style, or? I'd need a second collector to properly "level" my weapons - as I said before, 2 are not better than 1, yet I even have a disadvantage with 2 swords like this. Thoughts on these concerns?

Level 16
@Chen
Awesome.

@Zzonehardy
Almost all of what you said is correct except for containing level 2. A collector can only contain 1 level worth of magic which is about 4 attacks and also note that it can only absorb what is touches. Since your collector is the size of a fist, attacks larger than a fist can pass through and hurt you.

@Lucy
Yeah I though about that but the problem is you have 2 magic types, ice and fire. If It were only one type, I could let it pass. I could though let you infuse early to add another .5 to the level to make it 1.

@DEAD FiSH
How did I miss that?
You can't have a critical hit magic since it doesn't exist. You have to change it to something from the given list.

Level 16
Yeah I know. I used the anime as a base. but the only common thing between snk and this is the "humanity pushed to the brink and forced to live behind the wall by creatures" bit. all other elements of the RP's story are different from the anime.

Level 9
I can't... I can't help but notice that the... the story is sort of similar to a certain popular anime series released in recent years! Ju-just saying!

What I love about Anime/Manga there is a series about EVERYTHING, I found one where a dude who is allergic to cats turns into a cat.

@Gun, That works for me, and Me and Mage were talking he explained it better from his understanding, so perhaps I can only absorb creatures once they are defeated? And it just isn't used in combat? Does that sound fair?

Level 7
@Lucy
Yeah I though about that but the problem is you have 2 magic types, ice and fire. If It were only one type, I could let it pass. I could though let you infuse early to add another .5 to the level to make it 1.
Ice and Lightning, not fire and ice.

Why exactly are two types more problematic?

Level 16
@Zzonehardy
I good with that.

@Lucy
Well, you get twice the possible bonuses received for example resistances of enemies. If you want, you could sacrifice 2 points of stats for another infusion.

@DEAD FiSH
Sorry bout' that. Was rushing when I checked updated characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.