• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EotA: Exodus (v E1.5.19c)

For the unprotected map: I attached it to this post

Recent changes to this map are listed at the bottom of this description.

I haven't been able to work on the map much recently. In fact, not sure how often I will update anymore. Also, no, it wasn't because of the review or anything(I admit the map at its current state is "messy", so I don't mind the low score for the map.).

Anyway, you guys may have noticed I have been slow on the updates since a few months back(before the review). Anyway, with Dr Super Good's suggestion, I attached the unprotected version of the map in post. For the unprotected map: I attached it to this post. I am still working on the map, just irregularly, so the updates will be slow.

I have updated the map, removed a few custom import spells which made the map not work with Warcraft version 1.24. There aren't any major gameplay changes in this update(No boss battles, no reworking the enemy heroes, etc). There may still be a lot of issues in this version but this was released so that it was playable in the new version of Warcraft III.

(Note - I will still be working on the map but the map will be updated a lot less often than before because I'm currently busy with other stuff)
(Note 2 - The latest version is here, check below for changelog)
(Note 3 - Also, the version name has changed. Instead of the e(which stands for edits) being after the first version number, it's before the version number. The current version is now E1.5.16 instead of the old way which was 1.5e16. I added the E in front to make it more obvious that it's not the original version of EotA but a modified version.)
(Update Note 2 - New Update is here, this version may have fixed the crash issue. I removed Sand King and tested 3 games, so far, none have crashed. If the map still crashes, please tell me.)
(Update Note 3 - It seems the map can still crash though it seems to crash much less with the removal of Sand King. There was a recent crash that involved the enemy Gargoyle hero using Dive I think, though not sure, anyway I'll try to figure it out).
(Update Note 4 - New version will come out soon. The next version will feature a couple of balance changes, waygates(to deal with crowding problem), a couple of fixes, and other misc stuff).
(Update Note 5 - I take back what I said, the new update won't come out for a while because I'm currently busy with a lot of stuff. There's already a lot of changes and it's seems to be stable but I want to wait until the final few changes are completed before releasing it. Also after the next update and after it seems to be completely free of crashes, I'll work on Boss Battles and new Events next. The reason why I want to wait after it seems stable is because adding Boss Battles will require reorganizing of dozens and dozens of triggers, and doing that may introduce glitches or problems. I want to wait until the map seems free of crashes before doing that.)
(Update Note 6 - Optional AI has been added to the game, it will be present in the next release of the map. AI can be added by simply replacing a human slow with a computer slot, currently, the AI is very basic and will simply patrol around, build a few structures, and learn abilities.)
(Update Note 7 - The progress of the next version is near completion, it should be released soon but I won't say when just in case I suddenly become really busy unexpectedly.

This is a modified version of EotA: Exodus (Downloaded from http://eota.emufarmers.com/download.html ).
Credits go to DarnYak(original author), and also to this site(people that helped) and its resources. You can click Quests and look for the Credits section there for all the spells/models(and their authors) used in this map.
This map is protected/optimized using Vexorian's Wc3mapoptimizer but if anyone wants the source map, ask me for it and I'll give you the source map as long as you keep the credit info intact(if you're editing my version). Also, I do happen to have the author's permission to ;protect; the map but technically I am still keeping the map open sourced(in the sense that I'll give anyone the source map if they ask for it). Protecting the map reduced the map size by over 40% and increased the loading speed by around 10-15%, which is why I protected it.

Changes from the original:
1. Added 7 new heroes, one of the included heroes is a tower building hero.
2. Added/replaced several abilities for existing heroes. Most of the abilities replaced still fit the theme of the old abilities, example is replacing Shadow Strike(which deals damage gradually and slows) with an ability that causes the unit to be hit by frost nova every second.
3. Added 4 new enemy computer heroes. One added to Orc and three added to Undead.
(Note - Sand King enemy hero has temporarily been removed as of version 1.5e15)
4. Undead(computer) heroes have been buffed greatly.
5. Enemy computer heroes gain experience over time now.
6. Added an ally(computer) hero to help defend the castle.
7. Added three new difficulty options - Very Hard, Insane, and Harder than Insane.
8. Changed it so that players who have not picked a hero within 2 minutes into the game will now random a hero instead of not being able to pick a hero or play at all.
9. As of version 1.5.17, players have the option to change any of the "Open" slots to "Computer". Computers will pick a random hero once all normal players have picked a hero. They will learn and use most spells. They do not build or produce new units yet though.
10. Changes can be found under Quests - Version. A list of all changes can be found below(see change log).

Map Info:
The map is similar to Castle Defense map except instead of a rounds/waves of enemies that attack once every round/wave, the attacks are constant in EotA.

1. You pick a hero at the beginning, then you can also buy workers to build unit-producing structures.
2. Enemies attack constantly. As time passes by, the enemies become stronger and certain events may happen(like Orcs firing grunts with a gruntapult in your area).
3. You defend the Druid Priest(NE priest of the moon) for 30/45/60/65/70 minutes(depending on the difficulty).

You can find out more on how to play ingame, the first slot player(red) can play a tutorial at the beginning of the map.

1. Difficulty Tip - Very Easy and Normal modes are actually both very easy.
Pick Easy/Normal only when this is your first time and you're playing by yourself to test out the game.

Pick Hard or higher if you're playing with 3+ people(whether or not they're new to the map)

Very Hard is recommended if you're playing with full house or nearly full house(if some are new or some played before)

Insane and Harder then Insane is if you're playing with full house with people that played the map before.

2. Staying in the center, in the area near the neutral computer hero is recommended.

3. A small amount of enemies attack at the Middle-Top of the area. After a few minutes, enemies attack from inside the castle. After about 5-7 minutes into the game, Orcs will start attack from the middle left side of the map. Undead will shortly attack on the middle right side of the map.

4. Gold/Lumber is automatically acquired every few seconds by the neutral workers. Only the Architect hero and the Panda Warlord hero can obtain increased gold with their abilities.

5. Gold/Lumber are divided among players. Playing alone means you get more gold/lumber and of course exp.

6. Experience gain is global, you'll gain exp from anywhere as long as you're alive.

Known issues:
1. For some reason, the Orcs are building a new weapon(Gruntapult) message does not appear when the gruntapult appears. This happened after the latest update to the map, and I never touched the gruntapult triggers. Though if anyone finds that it actually is working, tell me.

2. The game may crash after about 30-40 minutes into the game. Ok it seems it is not the Epicenter ability but it seems to crash when most players are dead it seems.

If the game crashes on you, tell me if you notice anything concerning the crash(for example, what abilities were used the time, if any) and when it happened(how many minutes into the game approximately), and how many players are dead.

Also, if you remember, tell me which heroes players picked.

3. Nuclear bats do not attack as often as they should.

1. You may notice that some heroes, for example, the Sentry and Frost Wizard, have 5 abilities. Other heroes have 4 abilities and one Attribute Bonus ability. I will gradually add a 5th ability to all heroes in future versions.

2. New enemy heroes and boss battle type events are planned. For example, a random time in the game, a certain boss will attack. While the boss is alive, all other enemies stop attacking or stop spawning.

In terms of new enemy heroes, I might make enemy heroes random and make it pick maybe 10-12 random heroes instead of the heroes being the same heroes you see every game.

Similar to random enemy heroes, it'll be random bosses every game.

3. Removing preplaced heroes so that the map loads faster. Due to the fact that many triggers depend on the preplaced heroes, this may take a while and I will gradually do it in future versions.

4. More quests and more events. The quests and events might be randomized as well.

5. Optional AI for unused player slots. As of version E1.5.16, the basic AI is complete but I won't add them yet until I can figure out what's causing the crash issues

6. I might try changing the enemy heroes to regular units to improve map performance but this might take a while. This shouldn't affect their abilities or stats or anything, I'll just replace the enemy heroes with regular units which have the same abilities and same stats as the hero version. They will also gain levels, which can be done simply by upgrading their units gradually and increasing the level of their abilities through triggers.

7. Separating the time and difficulty options. Currently, the difficulty options affect both the time and stats of enemies, I will try to edit them to two different options in the future.

8. Fixing stuff that needs to be fixed(bugs, glitches, etc).

Recent Changes(e8):

1. Disabled Epicenter for Sandking, if the game still crashes, tell me.
2. Nerf Hydralisk enemy hero. All except his AoE healing spell have been nerfed.
3. Fire Panda's Ultimate no longer heals him for an insane amount of health and the amount of Phoenix that attack have been reduced slightly.
4. Sentry's Ice Shard nuke damaged nerf, Hazard Slash cooldown increased slightly.
5. Architect's Healing Generator heals less and heals in a smaller area now.
6. Naga Sorceress and Frost Wizard's Ultimate have a 30 second cooldown increase.
7. Easy and Normal have been made slightly harder.
Easy - Health of enemies from 100% to 125%. Enemy exp gain remains unchanged.
Normal - Health of enemies from 120% to 140%. Enemy exp gain remains unchanged.

Although, I don't suggest you pick Easy or Normal still unless it's your first time playing and you're playing alone.

For reference(All values for enemy):
Easy - 125% HP. 165% exp gain. 30 minutes.
Normal - 140% HP. 195% exp gain. 45 minutes.
Hard - 150% HP. 220% exp gain. 60 minutes.
Very Hard - 175% Hp. 300% exp gain. 65 minutes.
Insane - 200%. 360% exp gain. 70 minutes.
Harder than Insane - 210% HP. 380% exp gain. 70 minutes.

I'll separate the time setting and the HP/EXP settings in the future.

Recent Changes(e9):

1. Nerfed Architect's Blade Tower's damage(also made it large armor from hero armor).
2. Removed the gradual exp gain trigger for enemies. I remembered for crashes occurred, that this was one of the triggers I added.

Recent Changes(e10):

Hero Related Changes:
1. Architect's Blade Tower's damage increased slightly, health has been reduced though.
2. Fixed Architect's No Attack ability, when used it would cause Support Structures abilities stop working. It should now no longer cause any issues.
3. Added a new ability to Shadow Hunter, drops a rune(ward) that drains mana from random enemies nearby. Deals damaged based in an AoE based on the mana drained. The hero's name has been changed to reflect his abilities.
4. Fire Panda's Ultimate regen is now 1% from 2%, but movement speed increase from 10% to 15%.
5. Fire Panda's Phoenix Charge's damage collision radius has been reduced, healing radius is unchanged.
6. Fixed Familiar's Manaflare ability conflicting with Familiar Follow. It used to make the Familiar move at the same time it casted Manaflare, it'd screw up the ability and make it not cast but now it should be fixed.

Enemy Related Changes:
1. Readded the gradual exp gain trigger for enemies, it's different from the old trigger.
2. Nuclear Bats should work again, haven't got a chance to test it though.
3. Epicenter is readded to Sand King. I don't think the reason for the crash is Epicenter, mainly because it crashed when I disabled it. Has the game crashed for anyone in version e9 though?
4. Added a new enemy hero, Plight Gargoyle undead hero. I haven't tested to see if the computer uses his abilities correctly. Here are his current abilities:
Ravenous Dive - Moves quickly towards a target point in a line. Any unit in the way of the attack will be knocked back, one random unit will be dragged for 3 seconds and be unable to do anything.
Terraslam - Moves quickly towards a target point and slams the ground, causing nearby enemies to be slowed and damaged.
Shimmer - Creates illusions of the heroes.

Other Changes:
1. Fountain of Healing and Mana now no longer heal enemies. Also, both fountains heal both health and mana now instead of just health or mana.
2. The Toxic Fog(green fog) effect has been removed to reduce late game lag. Not sure if that'll help much or not, haven't tested it.
3. Replaced Dark Ranger Hero in the undead area with just a regular unit. She wasn't used for anything other than for a simple trigger. Too many preplaces heroes in the map causes the map to take longer to load so I replaced the hero with just a regular unit.

Recent Changes(e11):

Hero Related Changes:
1. Architect's Support Structures sells for less gold(only affects Rune of Phoenix/Healing/Defense).
2. Rocket Towers' Bash AoE has been reduced from 300 to 150. Bash stun length reduced from .5 seconds to .1 seconds.
3. Lightning Tower attack speed reduced by 25% but damage increased by 50%, projectile speed decreased by 500. This is just to reduce the amount of Lighting Projectiles on the screen and reduce lag.
4. Fixed Paladin's Aura of Protection's healing not working, also made it heal 20 hit point per chance instead of 50.
5. Architect's No Attack ability should be fixed(haven't tested it though).
6. Fixed Architect's upgraded tower's not turning invulnerable.
7. Mana Drain Ward now steals mana from all units with mana in range(including spell immune units) instead of randomly. Mana Drain Ward drain mana effect should now properly stop after it has been destroyed.

Enemy Related Changes:
1. Removed Epicenter from Sandking to see if it's the cause for crashes.
2. Plight(Gargoyle)'s Ravenous Dive ability now steals health from the units it attacks with this ability and gives it to Plight.
3. The computer should now use Dive when possible, haven't tested it though.
4. Dive now also only drags a random hero instead of a random any unit.

Other Changes:
1. Very Easy/Normal/Hard Difficulty's enemy health has increased from 125/140/150% to 135/150/165%. Exp rate for enemies is unchanged.

Recent Changes(e12):

Hero Related Changes:
1. Rocket Towers' Bash AoE has increased from 150 to 300(back to original value). Bash stun length is still 0.1 seconds though.
2. Forsaken Sentinel's Infernal Binding spell now has a chance to either cast a Fork Lightning OR a Chain Lightning when a Phantasm casts the spell. This change is neither a buff or nerf, it's just to make the spell look better.
3. Fire Ward attack rate has decreased from every 0.15 seconds to every 0.50 seconds.

Enemy Related Changes:
1. Plight(Gargoyle)'s Ravenous Dive should no longer drag or knockback structures, Atrina, Mandar, or Guardian Wisps.
2. When Plight uses its Illusion ability(Shimmer), the glow color of the illusions should now properly be dark green and not red.

Other Changes:
1. The Hippogryph Riders near Atrina are now invulnerable and now will no longer move.
2. The Naga Royal Knight neutral hero will now instantly teleport back to the area near Atrina if the Naga Royal Knight goes farther than 3000 range of the Atrina area.

Known Issues:
1. It seems that Nuclear Bats still aren't currently working correctly. They should be Detonating more often but it seems they only detonate once per game.

I'll try to figure it out and get it fixed soon.

Recent Changes(e13):

New stuff:
Added two new heroes, Ninja and Spell Conjurer.
1. Ninja - Right now, she isn't completed in the sense that she has abilities borrowed from other heroes. She has two unique abilities, Shadow Image Counter which gives a % chance to evade an attack, create an illusion, teleport behind the attacking enemy, and become invisible and Shockwave Slash which shoots a shockwave that stuns one unit then hits multiple enemies afterwards.

I'll work on making unique abilities for the hero later. Also, model is thanks to Black_Stan(it's his model). See quest log for full credits.

2. Spell Conjurer - His abilities still has some minor bugs though but otherwise he's playable. His abilities that I want to mention:
Spell Steal - Copies a (hero) ability that has recently been used, can copy from both enemy and ally heroes. Most abilities copied should work correctly, and the level of the abilities are the level they are at when they are used. You should be able to copy spells like Ravenous Dive and Burrow Strike too(for example) but it's really difficult (mainly because you'll end up copying some other spell instead of Burrow Strike and Ravenous Dive).

Anyway, some spells don't work because they're only triggered for that specific unit for which the spell original belongs to, I'll fix that later.

Spell Reflection Shield - Gives you a protective shield that reflects the next casted spell back at the caster. Credit goes to Kojiro for the triggers, though I did modify it a little(mainly so that it's an activation ability now). It should reflect every target ability back at the caster, now, the problem is, it reflects both negative and positive spells back at the caster. It's not intended to be like this, I'll fix it later. You can use this to your advantage though.

For example, if you have an ally cast healing wave on you with the shield on, it'll cast the wave on you AND it'll also reflect the healing wave back to the caster, thus making healing wave twice as effective.

Hero Related Changes:
1. Flame Channeler's Inferno spell now has 0.1 casting time, making it cast nearly instantly.

Enemy Related Changes:
1. Plight(Gargoyle)'s Ravenous Dive should no longer drag or knockback the Hippogryph Riders near Atrina.

Other Changes:
1. I removed the exp gain trigger for enemies again. Mainly to see if it's the cause for the crash problem.

That means the overall difficulty has been significantly reduced. If you play Hard usually, you should play Very Hard or even Insane to make up for the exp gain trigger loss.

If you play normal, you should definitely play Very Hard or higher.

Known Issues:
1. Like I said above, the new abilities for the new heroes may not work correctly. Ninja's abilities should work fine but Spell Conjurer(mainly his Spell Steal and Spell Reflection Shield) may not work correctly.

Recent Changes(e14):

New stuff:
1. Map has been optimized/protected thanks to Vexorian's Wc3mapoptimizer, file size has been reduced by over 40% and loading speed has increased around 10-15%. The optimized version of the map can't be opened by world editor but if anyone wants the source map, ask and I'll give it to you, just keep the credit info intact if you're modifying it.
2. Added unit sounds when Ninja and Spell Conjurer gets picked(no sound used to play last version).

Hero Related Changes:
1. Ninja's Ultimate has now been changed a bit.
2. Ninja's Shadow Image Counter's chance to evade now can only occur once every 1.5 seconds(up from once every 0.25 seconds), which basically means Ninja counters much less often. Ninja's counter invis now last from 20 seconds to 3 seconds but movement speed increased to the max while invis, and damage increased also.
3. You can now adjust the range of Ninja's Shadow Image Counter by typing -counterrange x, where x equals a 3 digit number between 200 and 900. This allows you to adjust the range of counter, that way you can decide the range of how far she can teleport and counter. By default, the counter range is 700. If you were annoyed of teleporting everywhere too far, you can now adjust the counter range.
4. Flame Channeler's Flame Strike spell now heals ally units and area of effect has increased form 300 to 350. Mana reduced from 135 to 115.
5. Flame Channeler's ultimate now deals twice the damage but duration has been reduced to only 12 seconds long. Cooldown has been decreased from 150 to 120 seconds.
6. Spell Conjurer's Spell Reflection Shield should now be fixed, and should now no longer reflect any positive spells.
7. Spell Conjurer's Energy Drain spell's channeling range(not the same as cast range) increased from 800 to 2000. Cast range remains at 900, this also fixes an issue where Energy Drain would cancel immediately if you used it farther than 800 range, even though the cast range was at 900.
8. Energy Drain now can transfer health and mana to ally units, allowing this ability to be used as a healing spell.
9. Consume Magic now has a cooldown of 15 seconds(at all levels) instead of 30/27/24/21/18/15 seconds for levels 1-6.

Unit related changes:
1. Nearly all regular units have been buffed in damage, some units buffed more than others.
2. Units now give less exp to enemies(depends on unit, some units will give as much as 50% less exp than before but some units might not give less exp at all).
3. Added Phoenix Fire ability to Siege Engines, Explosive shots(AoE damage shot, cooldown 5 seconds) ability to riflemen, and feedback to Sorceress.
4. All towers except cannon and firebomb towers have been buffed slightly.
5. Firebomb towers have been nerfed slightly in damage and in area of effect.

Enemy Related Changes:
1. Fixed typo when it announced that 2 undead heroes have spawned.

Other Changes:
1. Fixed several leaks that involved the hero selection process. There should be a lot less leaks now but not all leaks have been fixed yet.
2. Added 2 buyable(cost gold) potions to the Currency Exchange vault. Blink Potion(which blinks a hero 800 range, 15 sec cooldown), and potion of rejuvenation(restores health and mana over time, can be used while in combat) are the potions added. They cost gold though.
3. Not all changes have been listed here either because they're minor or because I forgot.

Known Issues:
1. Has the map crashed in version 1.5e13 for anyone? Other than the crash, no major known issues have been noted.

Recent Changes(e14d):

Note - If anyone is wondering where versions 14b and 14c are, I tested it my own time before making version 14d(which is why it skips from 1.5e14 to 1.5e14d). Also if anyone is wondering what the e is in the version, it's supposed to mean edit to acknowledge that it's not the official version.

Note 2 - I actually haven't tested some of the changes I made(some don't need testing at all, like small balance changes, but some might need testing) so I am not sure if this version works correctly. About the crash issue, I'm still trying to figure that out, if anyone happens to know a list of known possible crashes to Warcraft 3, that'd be helpful. I do know about triggers looping themselves(like when you turn on a trigger that already is on), and made sure all triggers are turned off if they're going to be turned. I also know about other weird stuff like giving exp to units that aren't heroes can cause crashes but not sure what else.

Hero Related Changes:
1. Ninja's illusions, that are created from her ultimate, damage reduced from 150% to 100%.
2. Cooldown of Ninja's ultimate increased from 30 to 40 seconds. (BTW, I just found out later that I forgot to change the tooltip to say 40 seconds instead of 35 seconds, in version 1.5e14b I changed it to 35 seconds, then changed it to 40 seconds but forgot to change the tooltip. I'll fix this in the next version.)
3. Spell Conjurer's Spell reflection should now be 500 area of effect spell.
4. Consume Magic costs 50 mana at all levels, from 50/60/70/80/90/100 mana for levels 1-6.
5. Spell Steal can now steal spells within 2000 range of Spell Conjurer instead of infinite range.
6. Rejuvenation(Arch Druid hero spell) now heals a little bit of mana regen and also cooldown reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
7. Chain Frost(Frost Wizard ultimate) cooldown increased from 90 to 110 seconds.
8. Architect now no longer has any (regular) tower upgrades at the beginning. If anyone didn't know, he used to have all (regular) towers researched when you picked him.
9. Gold gained from selling Architect Runes have decreased by 10. Other Architect Support Structures gold sell value have decreased by 10-30(depends on structure).

Unit related changes:
1. Slow, Faerie Fire, and Curse have cast ranged increased from 700 to 800.
2. Rocket Fire from Siege engine cooldown increased from .50 seconds to .75 seconds.

Enemy Related Changes:
Due to the fact crashes still have been reported, 2 things have been re added:
1. Readded gradual exp gain for enemy heroes. Gradual exp gain is reduced from the last version it was in.
2. Epic Center added back to Sand King. Not sure if it works or not, haven't tested it, but the trigger is slightly different before and shouldn't crash the game(if it did before).

Note - Overall difficulty of the game should be increased significantly due to the gradual exp gain added back.

Known Issues:
1. Map occasionally crashes.

Recent Changes(e14e):

Note - Just a few balance changes and a fix to Dragonhawk Rider's attack.

Hero Related Changes:
1. Spell Conjurer's Energy Drain now steals twice the health it stole before(40 per second per level from 20 per second per level), mana drain and health and mana transfer is unchanged. Duration of Energy Drain increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds.
2. Consume Magic cast range increased from 900 to 1200. Consume Magic now deals 150 damage per level from 100 damage per level against summon units. Consume Magic cooldown reduced from 15 seconds to 12 seconds.
3. Rejuvenation(Arch Druid hero spell) now mana regen increased from 1 per second per level to 1.5 per second per level. Also fixed tooltip on Rejuvenation. Rejuvenation mana cost reduced from 100 to 50.
4. Mana Drain Ward now deals hero damage instead of spell damage(it actually was changed to hero damage a couple versions ago but forgot to mention it). That means it now deals damage to Magic Immune units.
5. Firestorm now deals 200/400/600/800 damage per second for levels 1-4, damage is nearly doubled from the last values.
6. Starfall duration reduced by half but damage doubled. Area of effect increased from 1000 to 1200.

Unit related changes:
1. Dragonhawk Rider's attack now correctly has a cooldown of 1.5 seconds instead of 15 seconds.

Other Changes:
1. Colored the hero name when players click a hero to see their description.
2. Fixed a few ability descriptions(Rejuvenation for example) and colored the cooldown for some hero abilities(I'll color them all in the future).
3. Added a trigger that occasionally changes the color of all heroes to the correct color. This is mainly has to do with Spell Conjurer which occasionally changes his glow color from the color of the player to red but it may also affect other heroes with custom glows.

Known Issues:
1. Map occasionally crashes.

Recent Changes(e15):

Note - I played the map three times already(for over 30+ minutes each time) and it hasn't crashed yet. I think the crash might have been caused by Sand King because I removed him(temporarily) and the map didn't crash after playing three times. I also disabled nuclear bat, though I tested it earlier without nuclear bats but with sand king and it still crashed, hasn't crashed without Sand King though.

If the map still crashes, please post. Again sorry for the crashes, lets see if it's fixed this version since Sand King has been removed(temporarily).

Hero Related Changes:
1. Spell Conjurer's Consume Magic now deals 150/300/450/600/750/900 damage to all enemy units, and deals 50% bonus damage against summon units. Consume Magic now steals double the health and mana, it steals 10/20/30/40/50/60 health and mana per buff and summoned unit. Consume Magic now also stuns enemies for 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.
Note - I haven't tested his Consume Magic, I'm just noting this just in case you encounter a bug or something with his ability.

2. Spell Reflection Shield should auto cast properly now(It used to not auto cast at all, even if you had it set to auto cast)
Note- However, there seems to be a bug that happens sometimes when it is auto casted, it might make Spell Conjurer stuck until you can recast it again. So if you encounter the bug and Spell Conjurer doesn't move and or attack and is stuck, turn off auto cast and wait for the spell to be ready again. The bug occurs because the auto cast is based off a healing spell, I'll make the auto cast better later versions.

3. Fire Panda's Ultimate (Phoenix Flames) damage has been reduced in half.

4. Naga Sorceress's Water Shield now plays an animation when you are attacked, the sound is now played from the animation instead of being played from a trigger.

5. Added a new hero - Hudson, the Gargoyle. He has virtually the exact same abilities as the Undead Gargoyle(which I added a few versions ago).

Gargoyle can fly but he can still be hit by melee units. Both ground and air attacks can target Gargoyle. Also, he has negative 7 armor to make up for the fact that he can fly.

Some people might be wondering why a Gargoyle is helping the good side, so I named him Hudson, which is named after one of the Gargoyles from the Gargoyles animated series. The show was about Gargoyles who fought crime and helped people or something like that, I haven't watched the show in years, so I forgot what the plot was all about.

Unit related changes:
1. Re added the Warclub ability to Mountain Giant. However, you can't really use it but the computer will use it to remove the trees where Atrina is, when I removed the ability, the trees weren't removed, which meant that you couldn't build towers there. The trees should now be removed by the computer's mountain giant.

Basically, the trees near Atrina should be removed by the Mountain Giant's so you can build towers there.

2. Buildings/Structures now automatically rally just to the right of where Naga Royal Knight hero is. I noticed a lot of players seem to forget to rally their units, so this was put in place to help people out.

Structures automatically rally as soon as they start constructing but you can still change the rally of your building/structure if you want to, simply just rally it like normal and it should work.

Enemy Related Changes:
1. Sand King removed. As noted above, it seems Sand King may have been the caused for the crashes, more testing is needed to make sure.

2. Nuclear Bats have been temporarily removed, just in case they were also the cause for the crashes.

3. The enemy Gargoyle(hero)'s Dive ability now heals 4 health per second per unit, increased from 1 health per second per unit.

Dive also has 5 second cooldown, from 14 second cooldown. This only applies to the enemy Gargoyle, and not the one you can pick.

Terrain Changes:
1. The Ramp in the bottom center of the map(the ramp to the right of the fountain of health/mana, and to the left of the pond with Dolphin Statue) has been increased by one square across(right side has been increased). The small pond with with the Dolphin Statue has been reduced by one square across(left side has been shrunk).

Anyway this is to reduce the amount of blocking/crowding that occurs where the ramp is.

Other Changes:
1. Fixed the Fountain of Healing (near the gate) not healing units, it should now properly heal health and mana or nearby ally units.
2. Other minor stuff have been fixed like some tooltips.
3. The loading screen description has finally changed. I removed the story part(it's still in the map description) and replaced it with in game information.
This means that there will a lot less questions about the game from players who never played the map before.

Known Issues:
1. Map may or may not still crash.
2. Gargoyle doesn't get any starting units - I'll add starting units to him later.
3. Gargoyle may become stuck in low height if he is killed while transforming from/to Stone form.
4. Consume Magic's damage does not work(but stun does).
5. Watery Shell doesn't work on Commander hero.
6. Spell Reflection Shield does not autocast properly.

Recent Changes(e15b):

Note - Mainly just a few minor changes and bug fixes in this version. Most of the changes I wasn't able to test btw.

Hero Related Changes:
1. Spell Conjurer's Consume Magic should now properly deal damage. (Edit: It seems it still doesn't properly deal damage, I'll try to fix next version).
2. Water Shell now works on Commander hero. Water Shell shield animation plays closer to the unit now. Water Shell's animation now no longer plays when damage taken is below 10.
3. Mana Drain Ward's stun changed from 1 second to all levels to 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds for levels 1-6. Mana Drain Ward should no longer destroy trees.
4. Gargoyle's dive should now always set the default flying height after use. Dragged dive height for enemy unit is lowered by a little bit.
5. Gargoyle's Stoneform Shimmer attack changed from shockwave to a simple 150/300/450/600/750/900 damage attack that stuns for 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds in 500 area(in the center).
6. Spell Steal can no longer steal Stoneform or taunt.
7. Feedback should now work on Gargoyle's illusions.

Enemy Related Changes:
1. Hydralisk's Venom Blast now changed from 2 second duration to 2/2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds. It does 75/150/225/300/375/425 damage per second, lasts 2/2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds.

Other Changes:
1. Loading description - changed castle to town hall. It said builders can be bought from castle, even though the structure was technically called a town hall.
2. Other minor changes like editing tooltips(specifically, cooldown is displayed for Watery Shell now).

Known Issues:
1. Map may or may not still crash.
2. Gargoyle doesn't get any starting units - I'll add starting units to him later.
3. Gargoyle may become stuck in low height if he is killed while transforming from/to Stone form. Using Dive should fix this.
4. Spell Reflection Shield does not autocast properly.
5. Consume Magic still doesn't seem to damage enemies properly.
6. Events(gruntapult for example) sometimes do not display to players.
7. It seems the map can still crash, although a lot less frequently with the removal of Sand King the previous version. I'll try to figure this out.

Recent Changes(E1.5.16):

Note - The majority of the changes are balance changes and small fixes.
Also, the version name has changed. Instead of the e(which stands for edits) being after the first version number, it's before the version number.

The current version is now E1.5.16 instead of the old way which was 1.5e16. I added the E in front to make it more obvious that it's not the original version of EotA but a modified version.

Note2 - The AI feature is ready and was planned to be released in this version but I temporarily removed it due to the crash issues. Now, I'm not sure if the AI causes crashes or anything, we'll just have to see.

Hero Related Changes:

1. Spell Steal can no longer steal submerge, volley fire, or metamorphosis; Firestorm, Waveform, Shockwave Slash, Mana Drain Ward, and Entangle. Watery Shield, Clone, Healing Field, or Revive Hero should now properly work when used by Spell Conjurer. Consume Magic should now properly damage enemies.
2. Gargoyle- Dive distance from 1200 to 1400.
3. Ninja base armor decreased from 5 to 3.
Architect armor increased from 1 to 3, and upgrade increased from 2 to 3.
4. Architect can now heal structures and mechanical units with Building Research ability.
5. Watery shell damage needed to activate shield animation lowered to 5 from 10. Watery Shell's shield now disappears instantly after the shield is no longer in effect(destroyed). It used to take about 2-3 seconds for the shield to disappear. Watery Shell now places a buff on the unit to indicate that the unit is under the effect of the shield. Watery Shell animation 30 to 20 offset range. Partially fixed Watery Shell on Ranger General/Familiar, it used to be if Watery Shell was casted either on Ranger or Familiar, it'll block the damage for both of them. This has been partially fixed, however, Watery Shell's health is shared between Ranger and Familiar.
6. Removed cooldown on Frost Armor's counter stun effect. Cooldown between chance to stun attackers reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0 seconds. Reduce chance of counter stun from 7% per level to 5% per level.
7. Volley buff icon changed to fan of knives. Volley Shot's tooltip has been corrected. In does actually change attack speed to 700% but the attacks can't go lower than the animation which meant that it actually increased attack speed by about 250%(can't go faster than that due to animation delay). Animation delay of Ranger's Volley Shot have been reduced by 0.2 seconds meaning the max attack speed is reduced from 0.7 seconds to 0.5 seconds.
8. Ninja now has new icon(which is exactly like the in game model now). Ninja's Strike Combo now has fewer hits but does more damage(overall damage remains nearly the same). Ninja's Shockwave Slash has been buffed, it has a new effect(see in game description). Cast range increase from 900 to 1200
9. Manaflare area of effect increased to 1700 from 900-1650. Manaflare now deals full damage to heroes instead of half.
10. Ninja's Shadow Image Counter buffer mana cost decreased from 25 to 10 mana.
11. Freezing Field damage reduced from 125/250/375/500 to 100/200/300/400, duration increased from 7 to 8 seconds. Freezing Field now also has a Water splash model where the frosts are being summoned. I actually didn't intend to keep the Water Splash effect on Freezing Field but forgot to remove it for this version.
12. Sentry's Elite Skills ability evasion level now gives only 4% evade chance per level, down from 5%.
13. Chain Frost(Frost Nova nuke) Area of Effect reduced from 700 to 500. Chain Frost now deals 125/250/375/500 damage from 280/370/460/550.
14. Harrowing Slayer's Strike Combo has been replaced with Mirror Strike. Augmentation healing now changed from 5/10/15/20/25/30 health regen per second to 1/6/12/18/24/30 health regen per second. Meteor Swarm releases faster, 0.5 second delay to 0.25 second delay. 3 meteors are summoned per level from 2.
15. Frost Wizard’s Frost Strike now deals 125 from 50 target damage. Icy Comet will now cause extra damage if a target unit in the target area has Frost Strike buff.
16. Lightning Shield on Storm Caller hero is changed. Old effect used to be Lightning Shield(DoT near units with buff). New effect, see in game description.
17. Sentry's Strike Combo (Omnislash) now stay's on the single target until it is dead before changing targets. Sentry's Strike Combo cooldown increased from 30 to 35.
18. Animation attack delays of Sentry and Harrowing Slayer have been slightly reduced.(about 0.1 second).
19. Commander's Revive casting time changed from 20/15/10/5 seconds to 11/9/7/5 seconds. Cooldown remains unchanged. Also corrected the learn tooltip to say the correct cooldown (which is 90/80/70/60 seconds).
20. Sky Blasting Eruption deals 100/200/300/400/500/600 damage, doubled damage from last time. Stun length also increased from 1/2/3/4/5/6 to 2/3/4/5/6/7 seconds.
21. Shimmer on Gargoyle(not enemy) now deals 35% damage up from 25%. Feedback on illusions now only burns 3/6/9/12 mana instead of 12/24/36/48 mana.
22. Watery Shell should show the amount of health on the shell now in floating text.
23. Waveform damage has been increased from 75 damage per level to 135(about 80% increase) damage per 0.05 seconds per level(note, each unit can be hit up to 3-4 times, meaning it deals around 450 damage per level per unit hit). Waveform now does chaos damage(full damage to all armor types) instead of spell( damage but it is affected by armor number(if a unit has at least 1 armor, waveform will have reduced damage but if it has negative armor, it will take more damage).
Water Strike can now be actively used to unleash tidal waves. Tidal Stomp area of effect increase by 100. Submerge now has mana well(water) model).
24. Light Orb Attack mana cost reduced from 30 to 10. Cooldown reduced from 6/5/4/3/2/1 to 1 at all levels. Light Orb Attack now works on non-organic units. Familiar can no longer use Mana Flare or Tranquility while channeling either spell(due to a bug when occurs if Mana Flare is used during Tranquility).
25. Ninja can change the counter range by typing -counter now instead of -counterrange. Ninja's Strike Combo's lightning effect now is creased by the Chain Lightning ability(it also bounce) instead of by triggers. The bounces do not bounce exactly where Ninja attacks or teleports but I think it looks better than the old effect.
26. Rune Conjurer's Serpent Wards now last from 5 to 7 seconds. Attack bounce of ward reduced from 10 to 8, range increased from 900 to 1000. Mana Drain Ward now does 2x mana in damage from 1x. Mana Drain Ward now damage type changed from Hero - Normal(affected by armor stats) to Hero - Universal(not affected by armor).
27. Ninja's Shadow Image Counter now deals Hero - Universal damage(100% damage that is not affected by armor).
28. Hazard Slash damage type changed from Spell to Chaos, Hazard Slash is still affected by armor amount though. Hazard Slash's flames will be unleashed in a straight line now instead of changing if the hero is moving. This can be turned on/off by typing -HazardMoveOn or -HazardMoveOff. HS now damages all non-flying units.

Enemy Related Changes:

1. Temporarily removed enemy Gargoyle to see if it’s might cause the crashes.
2. Added a new orc enemy hero, Blaze King.
3. (When enemy Gargoyle comes back) - Terra Slam on enemy Gargoyle now has distance of 400 with an additional 100 range per level, up from 50 range per level. Terra Slam range on ally Gargoyle increased by 100 at all levels. Duration on enemy Gargoyle Shimmer increased from 2 seconds per level to 3 seconds per level. Enemy Gargolye's Terraslam now deals 3x more damage(50 per level to 150 per level).
4. Venom Blast now gains 1 second duration per level from 0.5 seconds.
5. Zergling Rush now summons less zergling but each zergling deals more damage.
6. Therivox splash attack no longer hits heroes or air units. Splash damage weaken a little.
7. (When the heroes return) - Gargoyle (Enemy), Werewolf, and Sandking now have bonus armor when their armor is upgraded.
8. Werewolf's Bloodrage is requirement changed from 1 to 6(this is to make it so it'll work even through magic immunity). Werewolf's Bloodrage has been buffed also.

Unit Changes:

1. Defend can now be researched in castles. Knights now have a new passive ability - Knight Defense, which is a stronger version of defend without the slow movement speed. Knights now have a secondary air/magic based attack.
2. Defend can now deflect.
3. Spirit Touch now has 0.5 duration(from 1 second), meaning it can be auto casted by up two priests at once(since cooldown is 1 second).
4. Spell Shield (Unit) cooldown from 1 second to 3.
5. Corrected Multishot's (Marksmanship) passive icon, the icon's boarders are now black(instead of dark brown).
6. Watch Tower Multi Shot tooltip now says 4 attacks instead of 3(it always hit 4 times). Regular Orc Watch Towers now have Multi Shot ability, Orc Burrow damage increased from 45 to 90.

Other Changes::

1. Fix various tooltips.
2. Added 6 waygates, four in the center near the center gate and 2 near the dolphin statue. The waygates require a unit to be selected then ordered to move to the waygate for them to work. Enemies can not use the waygate. The waygates are triggered and do not function exactly the same way as regular waygates, for example, units won't automatically enter the waygate if you order them to move farther than the waygate.
3. Volley buff icon changed to fan of knives.
4. Time increment for Strength/Agility/Intelligence upgrades reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second per level. Restock time of Arcane Vault and Ancient of Wonders items have been reduced to 1 second.
5. Illusions can now gain damage and attack speed bonuses from items/abilities. Illusions can now restore life.
6. Bone decay time reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds. Item resurrection range increased from 900 to 1350. Naga resurrection AoE increased from 1000 with 200 per additional level to 1200 with 250 per additional level.
7. Health of enemies for Very Easy/Normal/Hard/Very Hard have changed from 135/160/165/175% to 200% for those first 4 difficulty settings. Health of enemies is still 200%/210% in Insane/Harder than Insane difficulties. Exp rate stays the same.
8. West fountain of mana should now work.
9. Shimmer Stun and Consume Magic should now work properly. Harrowing Slayer now has vampiric in his metamorphosis form.

Known Issues:
1. Map still seems to crash but with the removal of Sandking, the crash rate has gone done significantly. Again, if anyone could please report if they experience a crash or not in this version, that'd be helpful, thanks.
2. Mana Drain Ward sometimes does not properly gain mana from mana steal.

Recent Changes(E1.5.16):

Note - Mainly just a few minor changes and temporarily removal of Blaze King.

Hero Related Changes:
1. Sky Blasting Eruption has thunder clap animation at the end. Sky Blast Eruption's secondary air damage now ignores armor amount. Sky Blasting Eruption's secondary air damage now is done once instead of gradually.

2. Hewn Earth cooldown from 90 to 25 seconds. Hewn Earth damage from 500/1000/1600/2400 to 500/1000/1500/2000. Mana cost from 200 to 200/250/300/350. Hero duration changed from 8/10/12/14 to 12 seconds at all levels. Regular duration changed from 10/14/18/22 to 15 seconds all levels.

3. Spell Steal can no longer steal Sky Blasting Eruption(BTW, the reason why Spell Steal can't steal all these spells is because those spells aren't MUI, that is, it can't be used by two different units at the same time without conflicting).

4. Fixed shockwave slash causing a bit of lag. This is due to the Lightning Slow buff being placed on the same units multiple times, the buff should only be placed once and never again if it has that buff.

5. Shockwave Slash cast range increased from 1200 to 1400.

Enemy Related Changes:
1. Temporarily removed Blaze King to see if it's the reason for the crash(none of his skills are triggered enhanced or anything but Volcano's AI casting is triggered, that might be the reason. Also I know I could have just removed Volcano but I rather just remove the whole hero temporarily for now).

2. All orc heroes except Stormrider, now have Amphibious movement(they can move on water). This is in case any of the Orc heroes get stuck on water by Gargoyle's Dive ability. I'll add Amphibious movement to undead too, as well as add other methods for the enemy heroes to move in case they get stuck by Gargoyle or something else.

Other Changes:
1. Blighted Ancient Protector build time reduced from 300 to 150 seconds. Health from 500 to 2500. Regen from 0.5 night time only to 1 always.

2. (Regular) Ancient Protectors now have the Stone Stun(Bash) ability and upgrade.

3. All structures built from items(Rune of Healing for example) now have a build range of 9000.

Known Issues:
1. Map still seems to crash but with the removal of Sandking, the crash rate has gone done significantly. Again, if anyone could please report if they experience a crash or not in this version, that'd be helpful, thanks.
2. Mana Drain Ward sometimes does not properly gain mana from mana steal.
3. Spell Reflection Shield does not autocast properly.
4. Events(gruntapult for example) sometimes do not display to players.

Possible to come features in future versions:
1. As soon as the map seems to be free of crashes, I'm going to work on adding Boss Battles and new Events/Quests.

The Boss Battles will require me to redo a lot of the enemy spawning triggers. For the Boss Battles, I don't want any enemy units or heroes to be spawned or attack, I want only the Boss to fight. The current way the triggers are set up, I can't do that easily, so I have to redo those triggers and because of adding new triggers and redoing a lot of triggers, I want to make sure all problems, such as the crash issue, to be fixed before doing that.

2. AI - Basic AI is already finished but I want to wait until the crash issue is fixed before adding them.

The Basic AI simply patrols around large area where the sun well is, they will attack any enemy they encounter.

They learn skills and use most skills for their heroes.

The AI also builds a random structure around every minute, if they have gold.

The Basic AI is done and will be added after crashes have been resolved.

3. More abilities for Heroes - Currently, I am thinking of adding more than 5 abilities per hero with some sort of customizable ability system. I am thinking of a system where each hero has about several abilities(more than 10) to pick from and learn. Basically, I am thinking of letting each hero pick and customize abilities for their hero.

Each hero would be able to pick from a pool of 15 abilities. Each hero can hold up to about 6 or 7 abilities at a time.

Each hero will have their own unique abilities.

So basically, I am thinking of extending the amount of abilities each hero has from 5 to 10+.

Of course, this will be worked on after Boss Battles and new events are added in the game, and that will be added after the crash issue has been resolved.

I decided to release this version due to version 1.24 breaking previous versions of EotA. Note that this version still has many imbalance problems and bugs with certain spells but for the most part, most things seem to work.

Chain Frost, Greater Bash, and Freezing Field were all imported spells and no longer work in this version. I removed them and replaced them with new abilities. There may be some broken spells still left in, I haven't had time to check or test a lot of stuff.

Due to the large amount of changes(small and big) compared to the last version, I won't list any small changes or small balance changes. I will only list either major or noticeable changes and additions in this verison.

(Major) Hero Changes:
1. Ninja's Shadow Image Counter ability has been reworked and changed. Basically, I removed the teleport function from the ability.
2. Blade Runner's Spirit Link damage distribution has been lowered by about 10% per level, Spirit Link will now work on all units starting from level 1 instead of at level 5.
3. Blade Runner now has a new ability, it is very similar to Ninja's (new) Shadow Image Counter ability.
4. Replaced Frost Wizard's Chain Frost with a new ability, "Tri-Elemental Storm". It functions similar to her old(and regular) Blizzard ability. I was going to keep Chain Frost and let her have two ultimates(inside a spell book, both would have shared the same cooldown) but update 1.24 broke the Chain Frost import spell so I had to remove it.
5. Replaced Naga Sorceress's Freezing Field with Rain. It functions similar to her old Ultimate Fog. It's a channeling ability which slows units, deals gradual damage, and causes targets to miss.

5. There are a lot of other hero changes but they're too many and too minor to list them all right now. I will list other minor changes in a seperate post later.

Unit Changes:
1. Nearly all units' attack damage have increased signifciately.
2. Several summoned units now have Hero armor instead of large armor.
3. Town Hall now has Hero armor instead of Fortification armor. Armor have increased from 8 to 25.

Enemy Changes:
1. Most undead heroes can now move on water.
2. Firelord hero has returned(no ultimate this time). Firelord/Blazeking will probably be removed or moved to the undead side later due to the large amount of enemy heroes there are.
3. Added an experimental Zergling Hero added to undead side.
4. Enemy Heroes will now gain experience faster as they are killed. The amount of extra enemy experience gained can be viewed with -enemyexpmod . Note that this was something I was working on to fix the issue of picking an easy game mode then being stuck with it for the rest of the game.

I may or may not keep this feature or change it. I may probably just change it so that the host can increase the difficulty level if things seem to be too easy(but the host won't be able to revert back).

Other Changes:
1. Fixed Knight's secondary ranged attack not working.
2. May have fixed other stuff(I took note of them all but it's a long list, I may post all the changes/fixes later).
3. Added an "Upgrade Center" just to the right of the hero selection area. Upgrade Center will upgrade all non-Hero units when purchased. At the moment, there are 5 levels of attack, armor, and speed upgrades.
4. Floating text's color have been changed for some abilities(Watery Shield and Hazard Strike for example).
5. Potion of Blink's blink range increased from 1000 to 1200.

Known Issues(That weren't previously mentioned:
1. Naga Sorceress's Watery Shield doesn't seem to work properly, it disappears sooner than it should.
2. Sky Blasting's Eruption's damage is not functioning properly.
3. Naga Sorceress's Rain ability only does 50/100/150/200 damage per second instead of the 100/200/300/400 said in the tooltip description. Rain does not cast Watery Shield on allied units, as is said in the tooltip.
4. Other issues which were mentioned in previous changelogs may still be present in this version.

Like the previous changelog, due to the large amount of changes(small and big) compared to the last version, I won't list any small changes or small balance changes. This time I will only list just a general statement about certain heroes(like lots of heroes been buffed, etc).

Hero Changes:
1. Several Heroes have been buffed.

2. Spell Conjurer's Spell Steal works different now, it's a single target ability that targets a hero. It copies a spell from that Hero and adds it to a spell book. The spell copied will always be the same for the same type of hero. For example, Spell Conjurer will only(and always) copy "Summon Zergling" from the Hydralisk hero.

Spell Conjurer can now have 4 copied spells at a time(in the spell book). Copying a new spell will replace the oldest spell copied in the Spell Book.

3. Spell Conjurer's Energy Drain ability has been buffed in damage. Spell Conjurer's Energy Drain now deals additional area damage at the end of the cast. The damage is dealt based on the difference between amount of HP the target has at the start of the spell then at the end of the spell. Energy Drain now slows enemies by 75%.

4. Architect now has "Divine"(I changed it in game to be known as "Ultimate") armor type. Ultimate armor type reduces damage from every type(except Chaos damage) by 50%. Chaos damage will deal 100% to Ultimate Armor.

5. Architect's structures will now refund 70% of their gold cost(only gold, not lumber) when destroyed by an enemy. This does not affect any structures which are built using mana.

6. All Heroes can now attack air units without requiring an orb.

Unit Changes:
1. Added a Murloc Builder, it can build structures which produce Naga units. Right now, I made it so the Naga Units are strong but in return, they cost more to build.
2. Rifleman's explosive shots have been changed to a passive AoE bash ability.
3. Several other units have been buffed.
4. Armor type of "Guardian Wisp", "Atrina", "Town Hall", and "Naga Royal Knight" have changed from Hero to Ultimate.
5. The Hippogryph Riders near Atrina now have an area of effect bash.

Enemy Changes:
1. Removed "Summon Lava Spawn" from Firelord.
2. Solved issue with Firelord's incinerate not working.
3. Blademaster's images now take 500% damage instead of the previous 210% damage, making them easy to kill. Images now deal 1% damage instead of 0% damage.
4. Increased cooldown on spells such as Soulburn, Storm Bolt, etc. Reduced length of Storm Bolt's stun.
5. Reaver has been nerfed: his cleaving attack and stats have been reduced.
6. Enemy Heroes minimum movement speed have been changed from 150 to 75.

Other Changes:
1. Upgrade Armor (Global) now increases life regeneration of all units by 3 per second per upgrade.
2. Global Upgrades now affect structures too(but not Heroes).
3. Computers can now be added in the game. Simply change an option slot to a computer. Computers will learn and use nearly all of their abilities. Computers will pick a hero randomly after all regular players have picked their heroes. Computers have a 50% experience increase, increased life regen, and increased mana regen to make up for the fact that they don't build(as of yet) and are not as good as regular players.
4. Several Upgrades now have reduced research time.

5. Added a new periodic event, "Undead Supplies". Once in a while, an undead Supply Barge will appear from the middle west and then head towards the Undead Base. If destroyed before it reaches the base, it will give 100 gold and 20 lumber to all players. If the Undead Barge reaches the Undead Base, all undead enemy heroes will receive extra experience points.

Known Issues with Computer (Allies):
1. Does not build structures.
2. May not use certain abilities.
3. As of right now, it only defends and simply patrols around the fountain in the middle.

Known Issues:
1. Same as previous "Known Issues" except "Rain" now does the correct damage. Watery Shield still functions weird after the update, it activates multiple times even in just one damage instanced.
2. Heroes can be trapped using Gargoyle's Dive ability. This was an obvious issue I've known since I added the Gargoyle to the allied side but I will be working on a way to fix
this while still allowing the Gargoyle to pick up enemy heroes.
3. Game still crashes. At this point, I'm not really sure what is causing the issues, I'll continue to look through triggers and edit or change any of what may cause a crash.

Few changes to Naga as suggested by members:

Unit Changes:
1. All Naga units nerfed and some naga structures now cost more gold/lumber.
2. Naga Siren's Parasite now deals 50 damage per second down from 300.
3. Dragon Turtle's Anti Hero Shell now activates only 70% of the time instead of 100%.
4. Dragon Turtle's Spiked Shell now only reflects 100% damage and it does not reduce damage anymore.
5. Naga Myrmidon's Cleaving Attack now only splashes 30%.
6. Keep cost reduced from 300 to 200 gold.
7. Couatl's area of effect attack now only deals 50% damage instead of full.

This version mainly fixes a few bugs. There are no new major features or events added to the map, so I apologize.

I did not document all the changes. I worked on the map on and off, and for the most part I have been a bit lazy with writing down all the changes I made to the map.

I will list major changes that I remember.

Credits in advance:
1. Started using Rising Dusk's Damage detection system and Knockback system.
2. Started using Vexorian's TimerUtils and Tables.
3. Check out the credits list (in the quest menu in game) for more credits.

Since I started using their systems suddenly, I wanted to mention them.

I'm still trying to learn vJASS stuff, I will eventually try to convert existing custom spells to Jass.

General Changes:
1. ArnaudB's suggestion about tutorials have been added. Players no longer get kicked for pressing "escape". The text is displayed in the box AND above the box so that even if a player press "escape", there will be the same text above where the box is.

2. Allied players can no longer attack Gray(the computer).

Hero Changes:
1. Several Heroes have been buffed.

2. Storm Caller's Wolf summons have been buffed. Also immolation has been replaced with a lightning version of immolation to fit the "Storm" Caller hero theme.

3. Storm Caller's Healing Ward changed to Lightning Ward. Again to fit with the lightning theme. Lightning Ward now works by giving nearby ally units an "area of the effect" version of life steal.

For example, there is a 10% chance that 50% damage you do heals nearby units within 500 range. If you deal 100 damage, 50 health will be healed to units near you in 500 range.

4. Architect now has new ability, Throw Pickle. Throws an explosive pickle the knocks back units and stuns them.

5. Dive no longer picks up heroes. This is temporary until I find a way to prevent enemy heroes from getting stuck.

6. Sky Blasting Eruption no longer knocks back or moves enemy units.
First, it could be abused and players could toss enemy heroes to some place where they could get stuck.
Second, it was kind of a broken ability. It was actually one of the first abilities I worked on before I knew to how to really make custom spells.

7. Reduced agility attack speed gain from 2% per agility to 1%. Also reduced movement speed per agility from 2 to 1.

8. There are lots of other small changes to heroes, so I won't list them.

Unit Changes:
1. Sorceress upgrade has been changed. Instead of manually using "Curse" or "Faerie Fire", it will cast with Slow once you research them.
2. There are other changes too but I forgot exactly.

Bug fixes:
1. Computers now build structures(only a select few).
2. Fixed issue with Watery Shield not working properly.
3. Fixed bugs with Clone(clone can't target invulnerable units anymore).
4. Removed Reincarnate from the Invulnerable Hippogryph Riders, this had to do with the Clone bug.
5. Fixed bug where computers may change ownership of a hero already picked by another computer. There should no longer be any issues when computers pick heroes.

1. Does not use certain abilities.
2. As of right now, it only defends and simply patrols around the fountain in the middle.

Known Issues:
1. Game still crashes.
2. For some odd reason, "rarely"(but it happens) a player hero may be removed from the map and not revived.

I will try to add a "-recreate" command(to recreate the hero when it's removed from the map) or so for when this issue happens

I apologize for those issues, since they are really major issues.

I uploaded the unprotected version, see the link(linking to a post) above to get it(I attached it to a post here).

When I was working on E1.5.19"b", I didn't upload it here because I was using that version number to work on and test a new ability for Ranger General. Now that I have dealt with all the issues, I bumped it up to "c", in case you were wondering where version "b" was.

There are no new major features or events added to the map, so I apologize. This version was done only recently; I mean I worked on it just this week(haven't worked on the map much for months).

Not all changes will be detailed here because there are some changes that I did before this week.

I will list major changes that I remember.

Bug fixes:
1.Computers will properly learn a few new abilities I added previous version(such as Lightning Healing Ward, which was introduced last version).

2. Fixed issue major issue where Architect was not able to build(I'm not sure if this bug was in the previous version uploaded here or not but I just noticed this bug existed two days ago in the latest map). Basically, this was due to the Architect being moved to the "human" category from the "Neutrals(Others)" category. The problem was all the structures were in the "Others" category, since Architect was moved to a new category, apparently he could no longer properly build those structures.

I moved Architect back to the "Others" category to fix the issue.

General Changes:
1. Added a new command for player 1(red, which should be the host): "-increasedifficulty". This command can be used six times in a game, it increases the max hitpoints of enemies by 25% per use, and increases periodic(which occurs every 15 seconds) exp gain by 150(150% of 100 actually, so it won't get multiplied by the enemy exp modifier).

This command should be used if things are too easy. Use it once or twice, then wait to see if things get to the right difficulty for your team.

Note that you cannot reverse this.

Hero Changes:

1. For Ranger General: Replaced "Flaming Arrows" with "Elemental Arrows".

Elemental Arrows allows the Ranger General to choose between three elements:Fire, Lightning, and Frost.

All three elemental arrows stack with Volley Fire's barrage based skill.

Fire Arrow: Works nearly the same as the old "Flaming Arrows" except it instead adds damage directly to the hero when active.

Lightning Arrow: Gives each attack(or damage instance from items such as Cloak of Flames, doesn't work with Blazing Armor though) a 10%(7% against non-hero units) chance to deal damage equal to 4/6/8/10/12/14% of the enemy unit's max HP. This makes it really effective against heroes, especially later on when they have lots of HP.

Frost Arrow: Gives each attack(or damage instance) a 8% chance to slow an enemy by 20/40/60/80/100/120% for 5 seconds. Attack speed slow caps at 80% but if the enemy has increased attack speed boosts(such as from agility or blood lust for example), then having over 80% slow helps in cases like those.

Anyway I only tested this ability for a game, there may be bugs with these abilities. There is a bug where the "missile art" is just the regular arrow, but only for one or two attacks(the actual effect will still get applied, just the missile art is the normal arrow).

Also note that the missile art(and effect) will return to normal if the Ranger General goes below 12 or lower mana. 4 mana is drained each time you attack with these abilities active. The effect will be "reapplied" once you attack with more than 12 mana.

2. Storm Caller's Lightning Ward (name) changed to "Lightning Healing Ward" to avoid confusion with Architect's Lightning Ward.

3. Lightning Healing Ward's chance to activate reduced from 12% to 10%. Floating text size reduced by 1 font size and now disappears and fades sooner.

4. Also Lightning Healing Ward's "heal graphic effect" is now changed, it is now based on Storm Shield's damage effect(which is a small lightning bolt) rather than Chain Lightning's giant lightning bolt.

5. Throw Pickle now has 28 cooldown instead of 25.

6. Mana Flare now has 2000 range, up from 1700.

7. Gargoyle's Feedback ability is now triggered. It works using damage detecting system by Rising Dusk. It should now stack with all orb effects and/or buff placers. Also certain damage items, such as Cloak of Flames(but not Blazing Armor, since Blazing Armor is triggered damage) will activate Feedback to units who are damaged by it. Same applies to most items with a damaging effect(Orb of Venom, Orb of Fire, Spiked Shield, etc).

Enemy Changes:
1. Buffed some enemy units slightly.
2. The mana cost of Orc hero abilities have been increased. This is done to make Mana Flare a bit more useful.

1. Does not use certain abilities.
2. As of right now, it only defends and simply patrols around the fountain in the middle.

Other Changes:
1. Tidal Guardian will now refund a random 70-80% gold cost when destroyed.

2. Spiked Shield buffed from 20% to 40% returned damaged.

Known Issues:
1. Game still crashes.
2. For some odd reason, "rarely"(but it happens) a player hero may be removed from the map and not revived.

I will try to add a "-recreate" command(to recreate the hero when it's removed from the map) or so for when this issue happens

I apologize for those issues, since they are really major issues.

Sorry again for the map crashes. Anyone who experiences a map crash can you post some details like which heroes were present, which skills were used, how long into the map, etc. Again, sorry for the map crashes.

Also thanks for the help/feedback everyone.

Keywords:
EotA Eye Eve of the Apocalypse Defend DarnYak Castle Defense Newuser Survival
Contents

EotA: Exodus (v E1.5.19c) (Map)

Reviews
20:31, 16th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: Please post some proof that you had the permission of editing this map, until then Rejected. 03:02, 2nd Jul 2009 Linaze: I still don't see any proof for permission to edit and upload. 02:56, 6th Aug 2009...

M

20:31, 16th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Please post some proof that you had the permission of editing this map, until then Rejected.

03:02, 2nd Jul 2009
Linaze: I still don't see any proof for permission to edit and upload.

02:56, 6th Aug 2009
Linaze: Okay, that's enough: You need to post proof that you have permission to edit and upload this map. Until such proof has been shown, this remains rejected.

05:18, 19th Aug 2009
PurplePoot: Permission given, reset to pending.

Reviewed on the 8th of November 2009, at 16:30:
«Generally there is too much combat running on all the time that it is hard to understand what is going on» – Dr Super Good(#57) (rated 3,5 / 5)
«One of the better Hero Defense maps , with nice intro and some nice things... (...) only thing in fights which i could do was click ulti , immolation , stampede and attack order hero , try to play with flying units with no damage :/» – Numerion(#58) (rated 3 / 5)
«If I were to resume the game in a single word, «mess» would be it.» Rui(#59) (rated 2 / 5)
Average rating of 2,83.

Level 3
WoW! It's great map, I really liked to play it. But I never thought that anyone will update it, ever... really glad to see this =) Keep up the good work!

Level 4
I have really loved this map a lot because it's a complete map where you can do an enormous numbers of possibilities. I also had the bug fatal error twice (the second when we where defending during the 100 man escape -_- 45 min game) and it's really a big matter. because i saw a lich cast the epicenter the second time i guess that could be the reason why it bug but the first time when i saw a scorpion casting the epicenter it didn't do anything so i don't now why we get fatal error. also i would like if you can make a mode where the end is a bit less... lagless...because at the end the number of lag make really hard to continue and finish the map.

Thank to you for giving us a very fun map.

I hope you will continous.
ArnaudB

Level 3
Well so far few bugs, like critical errors... Not really sure why... And also don't u think that new orc hero is a little too much? I mean like a multy target nook around the caster that hits everyone in 2-3 screen range? or 1.5 screen cast AoE stunning and damaging skill that downs my heroes hp by half? The only way to kill it is to use other bugged heroes, like new one... Don't know about all of them, but here what I found out: fire panda's ult actually makes u overpowered (in compare with other ults). Mostly coes of heal, that restores more than 2% hp/sec. And also builder... I don't know what is bugged - that u can build towers anywhere, or that they are invincible? But anyway u can just block off all entrances and someday u will win... So a lot of fixing and balancing is needed... I don't really know why u made it harder, coes it was really well balanced b4, so I think u should of only make harder modes (to play longer) and new heroes, coes we are bored of old ones.

Level 6
It terms of Architect, his buildings are invulnerable only for the first 10 seconds, then they are no longer invincible.

In terms of other heroes, yes I'll try to balance it out more, I was actually going to nerf Panda's ultimate a while back but I guess I forgot.

I am still in the processing of adjusting abilities for all the heroes but I uploaded this map here anyway since I know I update the map a lot so any problems that may occur, I'll try to fix as soon as possible.

I mean like a multy target nook around the caster that hits everyone in 2-3 screen range?
That nuke is actually a healing(the one that hits everyone on the screen with deathcoils).

Hydralisk will be nerfed.

For now, I'll do a quick edit and disable some triggers/abiltiies which I suspect may cause fatal errors.

In terms of lag, there are still a few leaks that were left over in the original map. I'll try to fix as many leaks as I find in the future.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Edit: It seems Epicenter is not(or at least, it's only part of) the cause for the crashes/fatal errors.

Sorry about that people but I guess I'll have to just examine the last version without crashes and the version with crashes.

Also, is it just me, or does crashes happen mainly when nearly everyone is dead?

Last edited:
Level 4
I would say that i found too the Hydralisk hero too hard in the e7 because he has really long range spell. Anyway the first matter i had is the lag at the end of the game. This really a matter because with another player, i had the builder and we managed to survive more or less easily in hard mode but after the 60 min the lag because of the number of ennemy was so hugh that at the end we couldn't even defend Tyrande, impossible to move...

Edit : I forgott to ask, what is for the item that spawn every second on the elves base ? And why is it destroyed by the ancient tree ? This is something that i don't understand.

And also a BIG matter, it's happens with the Death Knight at the end (who has 56k), when he lost 5/6 or his life (or at 9k) he rush to the fountain of heal...and he is healing too fast.

Can you fix that plz ? for that ennemy can't use the fountain has an advantage.

Last edited:
Level 6
Edit : I forgott to ask, what is for the item that spawn every second on the elves base ? And why is it destroyed by the ancient tree ? This is something that i don't understand.
It used to be the gradually exp gain trigger for the enemies. It spawned a structure(with the tome of experience model), and the enemies would attack it, thus giving experience to the enemies.

The trigger is redone and gives exp gradually through hero triggers now instead of the old method.

Fountain should now only affect allies and not the enemies.

Also, I removed the "Toxic Fog" effect from the late part of the game, I am not sure if this will help with the lag problem or not.

Again, thanks for feedback all.

Has the game crashed in version "e9" for anyone? Also, when the game crashes, do you notice if most players are dead or not? I notice that it seems to happen mainly when nearly everyone is dead.

Anyway, if the game still crashes, I'll try to figure it out and fix it.

Level 4
I'll probably play this map today too so i'll tell you how is it, acutally about the crash i played a party with a friend and he crashed...but only him not me (we were 2 in hard).

Also about the holy sigil quest where we should bring it to the blue flamme, need more detail because there is 2 blue flammes in the UD camp and during 5 games i went to that place before found that it wasn't the good place.

Also i found a exploit with the firemage, if you cast the fire ward where orc heros spawns then sometimes the attack of the hero orcs is cancelled and then because they don't die others orcs heros don't spawn anymore so orcs are "out of order".
Anyway I tried again to use this bug and didn't manage to do it so don't think we have too worry to much about it yet but keep that in mind.

Good continuation

ArnaudB

Edit : Found bugs about the architect but i'll explain later, for now the fatal is complete here. 2 games of 20-30 min crashed without anythgin prevent and we were alive...
SNIF

Well now i'll explain the matter of architect :
1- With the first picture i show that tower are invulnerable wher they shouldn't be, they are really vulnerable when we build it but no when we upgrade them and then they become invulnerable forever.
2- Same in the second screenshot, they don't take anything but they are on green build so it's fine (but they are vulnerable when they are basic but become invulnerable same as when they aren't on grass)
3- Nice to see how you can make an almost unpassable defence, only the DeathKnight of UD manage to pass that way... with 50% of his life...
4-Well... A problem... the orc was in a fight with one of the archer on bird of castle defender but after killed her (the archer) he was shoot by the catapult tower and because of the invulnerability he just stay away (same bug as wih the fireward of firemage)
5-Still the same as in the third picture even if it's latter, no any UD manage to pass the barrage until de DeathKnight come...

And at least the boss of the orcs was also overkilled...completly... + Rockets tower are way TOO Strong, even if they doesn't stun for long if you mass them it's easy (need to limite theirs number) because i won without any matter (just died 1 or 2 time since the architect is "made in paper".

It was normal difficulty.

Also please remove epicenter, i don't know if it's that that create the fatal error but when in the e9 we have only 1 fatal error for one player (out of 3 games) we got 2 fatal error out of 2 games in e10 for all players and only after 20 min... SNIF

Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks for the help/feedback everyone.

I fixed Architect's structure staying invincible forever, also fixed his no attack(haven't tested that though) ability not working. Rocket Towers have been nerfed, they don't stun much anymore but still are useful for stopping enemy channeling abilities like Stampede or Zergling Rush.

In terms of the crashes, I forgot to ask if it crash for you(or anyone else) in e8?

Mainly because the only main difference between e8 and e9 is that in e9 I removed the gradual exp trigger, then in e10 I readded the exp trigger. I remember crashing myself in e8(which didn't have Epicenter) so I didn't think it was Epicenter but it could be I guess.

Also about the holy sigil quest where we should bring it to the blue flamme, need more detail because there is 2 blue flammes in the UD camp and during 5 games i went to that place before found that it wasn't the good place.

Also i found a exploit with the firemage, if you cast the fire ward where orc heros spawns then sometimes the attack of the hero orcs is cancelled and then because they don't die others orcs heros don't spawn anymore so orcs are "out of order".
Anyway I tried again to use this bug and didn't manage to do it so don't think we have too worry to much about it yet but keep that in mind.

Thanks, in the future I'll make Orcs invincible in their spawn(so that it doesn't screw up) and I'll make Holy Sigil quests be described in more detail but lately I don't have much time to test the map so I probably won't be able to make much changes to the map for a while, except for any major bugs/problems that is found that needs to be fixed asap.

Last edited:
Level 4
For the holy sigil just make a ping where the holy should be taken and precise that the blue flammes is on the South-East of the UD campement.
Also i wanted to ask you if when we kill necromancer UD who call UD (no those with holy sigil) and the one that use impale for spawn the trigger for spawn is removed ?
Because when i play i generally try to kill them for reduce spawn but maybe that's a reason for the crash when UD become stronger ?!

Anyway i'll try your map and'll give you a feedback a soon possible.
I remembered having some crash in e8 since the only version where i didn't crash was e9 if i am right.

Edit : I looked and found out that i haven't the e8 only 7,9,10 and 11 so i can't say if i crashed in e8
Anyway it seems the crash is gone now even if i hadn't the time to test properly your map so i'll check more but only after Wednesday (in 2 days) because i have some exam and a lot of work to do so i don't have the time to play your map.

Anyway there a few matter that i would like to tell to you about balancing.

First the firemage he's the big-one imba of the map but also... he is himself unbalanced.
-The Pillar of flamme
A big big problem about this spell, firstly it does not really good damage but comparing to other spells he isn't too bad but the matter is with the casting spell... 3 second cast spell make this skill completly unusable generally because creeps move or are killed before the cast end.

-Calling Fire Skeletton
A nice spell that doesn't really need to being balanced, i liked the summon possibility with the firemage even if summon are being useless at the end of the game it's still helpfull, just giving them a few passive abilities could being better (same as for the elemental water of naga that is really useless...)

-Fire Ward
OWED !!! that what we should say when we see how strong it's, the ward at first doesn't look like but is really imba, with only 1 fire ward lvl 5 you can leave the two necromancer where blue flamme (they have 35k if i am right) with only a few thousand hp... the matter is that the immolation isn't really strong but the rate of speed of the fire ward and his damage just rox, with 2 or 3 fire ward lvl 6 you can overkill the entire orc heroes team.
I really think that you MUST decrease the power of the fire ward, not particullary the immolation since the damage aren't strong (immolation gennerally isn't very strong in this map) but reduce by 2 the damage of the fire and it'll be less abused.

The ultime fire spell... is just too bad, it's has :
-A really BIG AoE at lvl maximum however the channeling make the spell unneeded because while you use the spell you can cast a few fire ward and fire pillar (even if i don't because of the cooldown) the graphic art is also nice and don't make too many lag but really the damage aren't really strong. of course if the ennemy stay for the entire duration it's strong but you can have deal more with casting other spell...
-Another stupid problem. WHY have a lifeless wizard with incredible spell and long ranged (that's what a mage should be) have to go almost in melee range for damage the ennemy with his big AoE spells ? + you can't move because of the channeling you could be easily killed, you sure can use the range for casting far and damage ennemy with the maximum range of the spell but that generally make 3/4 of the area without ennemy (fire pillar would being better in that case)
-At least a matter as for all channeling spell...the stun... because you are close you'll be easily stunned and the duration of the spell don't help that.

So after all that i hope you'll balance this firemage because he's just imba with his fire ward and skelleton that block ennemy...to the fire ward youhu!!
and useless with fire pillar and his ultime.

Sorry if this explanation is rude but i had really feel fustrated when only 2 of spell are good in this magicien (+ the teleport of course).

Well good luke

Last edited:
Level 6
In terms of the Firemage, he's actually one of 4 heroes that haven't really changed much since the original. The Panda Warlord, Arch Druid, Commander, and Firemage haven't changed much, besides a few buffs to the abilities.

I'll be working on new spells for those heroes later. Also the Fireward will be nerfed. Right now, it shoots 3 targets at once, but it used to shoot only 1 target at once.

I made it shoot 3 but forgot to reduce the attack speed of the Fireward. So I'll reduce the attack speed of the Fireward or simply make it shoot 1 target a time only again.

Last edited:
Level 4
Tank for that, i have also some propositions to increase the map for units because the units that we could train need some abilities for being more "usefull" (like the possibility to take a tree as a weapon is useless for elven giants.)

Also i have think about it but what if we add a bounty for kill ? (not really a lot just 1 gold/kill and 3or 5 for hero kill)
Anyway i think we have to do something because when there is a lot of player it's too hard to get enough gold for build something.

Edit : I thank you for release the e12 version, i also like that you reduced the attack speed of the fire ward, also plz remove the casting time of Fire Pillar it doesn't cost much time and'll really help.

Edit : Also i was thinking about adding some abilities to units because they doesn't really have good abilities and generally you can use them correctly so i think the unit system could be improved. However i know it's a loot of work so if you accept i could do it (i can do it tomorrow and this week-end so if you answer me i can finish it quitly fast)

Last edited:
Level 6
Yes, I've been planning on the working on the regular units for a while but haven't gotten to it since I've been focusing on the new heroes mainly. I'll probably work on them soon.

You can post the ideas and abilities for the units for what you have in mind.

Level 4
here i'll in first tell you which first ability should be add (for free) and the other one must be upgrade, then if someone focus in one unit it'll be sometimes better.

The first matter is with the towers : i'll explain this.
-When i played your map for now a lot of times i found that mixe grounded-tanked units with tower because towers can't be killed, unliked range units that are slaughed by ennemies heroes and theirs spells. Orc towers are useless, they don't do real damage and have nothing special so their cost is just too expensive and it's just a waste, about 15 damage is nothing in late game, even in the beginning it's almost nothing. In all of the humain tower i looked and out of that :
-Guard towers are useless, damage less than average, even with the upgrade they aren't a real support for killing ennemy.
-Multishoot tower look good but doesn't do enough damage too (even if i didn't tried it so much).
-Glaive tower are just...null, they have a weak range with a average speed and even if they bounce the damage isn't enough strong.
-Acarne Tower : the fire tower gave me really a bad impression, 70-80 damage but average speed and their speed don't match for killing a mass of units with heroes, the lightning tower bounce but it's just slow and damageless, a full fire canon tower max upgaded deal easily 4 or 5 time the same damage in zone, same with water that can't help... (i think it'll be better if tower had spells like lightning chain or somehing like that)
-On the top of that is the cannon tower, really something that don't let the tower idea fell on the deeps inutility. Canon tower don't look strong at first but are really good when you upgrade them, the matter with cannon tower is that units could run out of the range of the cannontower-shoot that'where units come, a few elvens giants can block units and canons tower can easily fire with their 1000 range, the initial attackspeed of canon tower is really slow but you can increase it by a lot (70% if i am right) in the woodcutting building just by upgrading them. The usual technique that i use is on the center massing tower and then make 2 ice tower on the extrem left and right side for slowing attack and move of ennemy and making all other tower in fire cannon tower. At the end you have easily more than 1000 DPS in the two sides in AoE damage (without armor tough).
However cannons towers are good they aren't imba, they are just nice balanced, you can't win with them but it's almost impossible to win without them. (in hard mode and harder with 2 heros)

1-Units Amelioration

#1 : Add abilities to units
Humain Race

:fp:Milita, footman and Knight : have a high cost for no really a good deal, i think you should add Drunken Brawler with 20%x2 and 10 or 7% chance to dodge for both milita and footman and add something like that to the knight (with lower critical but more dodge because they are riding)+ "Charge" : A bash spell with 10-20% chance to do some damage with 1 sec stun for unit and no stun for heros (or it'll be too imba).
Also you could add "Honor of the Knight", a reincarnation spell with 1 second delay and 180 cd, won't unbalanced the game since units are build for free but'll look nice with the ressurection effet and'll help a bit.

:fp:Sharpshooter : Also add some Drunken brawler (i think every unit should have one, more or less good, especially for human), you can just add a critical strike with low chance but high damage for a "markanship" effet like 5-7.5% chance to do 5 times normal damage.
for additionnal skil "Explosive Shoot" using the Annihlation Orb of the UD destructor for create a strong shoot with cooldown, no mana need but only cd because if we use mana we could regen it with priest or fountain and it'll become imba. (turn on automatic) however if you use the "fire arrows" could be better, the one thing sure is that you shouldn't give "Orb of Annihlation" both to Sharpshooter and Tank (as i propose later)

:fp:Elven Priest : Healer they need something, i think using "retablissement" of UD'll be better than the actual 2 aura healing because if i am right the retablissement is an aura which heal both heal and mana, anyway increase a bit the regen (to 30-35 hp) and reduce the mana regain to 5 (10'll be kinda too much).
In additional Skill i think you should add Roar instand of interior fire with name of "Light of Hope" because make some priest manually boost unit is a shame when you have no time.

:fp:Sorceress : Just unneeded, their slow spell affect heros for only a few seconds and her other 2 spells aren't good enough to help that.
I think that instead of sorceress you should add Spellbreaker unit.
If you really want the sorceress then make her attack decrease armor instead of "lucioles" because we can't use more than one automatic spell at the same time and increase the duration of "slow" but make the cd of "slow". In additionnal spell...well... it's hard but i propose a fusion (like with hypogriff) with another unit for make a special type of unit but it'll be hard to find a good idea.

:fp:Flying Machine : A uneeded unit because this unit is too weak, mechanical (can't be boost by shaman) also the number of damage is too low and the number of unit created by building is low.
I think you should better remove this unit because of this weakness and because if we mass this unit it may cause lag.

:fp:Mortar : Well not really extremtly good it deal quite damage but tower are way stronger so i think this unit could be removed and have to be removed or completly changed.

:fp:Tank : Changing the damage and make give it flamme attack was not a bad idea however the tank is just too weak comparing of his price, plus it's mechanical so we can't buff him with furie of shaman (well you could make furie able to target mechanical). I have a good idea for tank.
-Give Him the "Fire of Phoenix" With a rocket graphic and long Cd it'would be funny to see rocket from tank, automatically firing. The other possibility if you want is the "Orb of Annihlation" from the destructor UD as i proposed before for a AOE damage.
-If you accept trigger skill then instead you can give "Rockets" Spell to the tank and use a trigger for using it automatically.
If you accept this possibility then the better way is to give "Orb of Annihlation" instead "fire of phoenix" without mana cost and adjust the cd to every 4/5 shoot of the tank, the rocket then should be fire every 1 or 2 min with strong area-damage.
-If you don't change the spell of shaman as it's affect mechanical then add "spell immunity".

:fp: Griffon Rider: SInce it's also a human unit you should give "Drunken Brawler" to the griffon rider with 30-35% chance to deal 1.5-2 times normal damage and 25-30% chance to dodge. Also increase the aoe of the attack and his attack speed a very little bit more. A additional skill (very hard to find) a bash skill because they use hammer for attack, no stun hero but stun unit for 2-3 seconds however no deal damage (the stun no the attack).

Night Elves Race

:fp:Chasseresse : A unbalanced unit, she has quite fast attack, the bouncing is good but her attack is too low so she isn't enough strong.

I'll Continous later...

System Improvement

A funny big name for speak about upgrade. i think upgrade should be changed, the chasseresse is an example, she could have been good if we could upgrade her more so i propose :
-A team upgrading, instead of everyone doing their own upgrade, when someone buy the upgrade then the entire team is upgraded (could be very nice for team work).
-Alternatly 3 possiblity :
1st- Make every unit upgrade for everything, damage/armor/additional abilities etc...
2th- Use simply a race upgrade, probably the easier way to do this even if it give less possiblity on gameplay than every unit upgrade.
3th- Give an upgrade per type of unit. Exemple : Headtroll hunter and sharpshooter are both range unit so make upgrade affect these two.

Out of the tree possiblity i would recommand the 1st cause it's the best for gameplay, however it's the hardest to do, i guess if you don't have time the 2th is the better.

(Attackspeed and movespeed could be improved with a 5000 endurance range for unit only of course)

e13 Review :
Ninja : Incredible, a nice model and a hero really a bit too strong.
you've done a good hero however the skill that give X% to create an illusion and go invisible behind the attack is way too imba.
For balance it you should do 3 thing :
-reduce the chance of making an image because when there is too much creeps it's become insane, down chance lvl 6 to 28% chance maximum. (then increase agi damage to 4x agi (include bonus))
-Remove invisibity after create the illusion because when you are attacked you become invisible and stop attack... because of the chance of creating an illusion it's imba cause creeps never attack you more time than 3 or 4 times.

Also you should REALLY increase the overall damage of normal attack of heros because both range and melee heros do everything with spells and nothing with attack. The fault of that is firstly the attack speed of hero, i think all hero should have attack slightly increased + more base damage or more damage per principal abilities points... even with full upgrade str/agi/damage and armor your hero don't really do something himself without spell and melee become half useless.
Also items should REALLY be lot strong, when i see a item +3 agi or even +6 int i would never buy it or if it's dropped (like spider ring) i'll just sold it. I think that items should have more abilities and give more interesting thing because they are really useless until now.
I think adding a lot of items stronger and with special abilities would be good, just add some and add them to the market then player'll really have a look at them.
Also we really need one way to gain some gold because when we play full house we have always nearly no gold/wood and then we can't do anything...

About the spellbreaker i tried him only for a little bit but... he doesn't have spell who deal damage (or what you could call real damage), his drain skill is uneeded...

However about the firemage two things :
-The Fire pillar should deal 1.5 x more damage because it's strange that a spell lvl 5 who should deal 180 damage/sec for 3 second need help to kill a 540 hp skelleton. I think you should reduce the time between damage by 2 for damage every 0.5 and drop a bit the damage for that damage are equal to 1.5 what the spell should deal as it's now.
And i've got an idea for the ultimate of the firemage, it's using rain of Chaos of Archimonde who normally call mass infernal in different way. Originally this idea has been used in Hero Line Wars but it could be really good in this map. It's using the damage and stunning of the impact when infernal fall on the ground, if you change the damage cause by it and change infernal to dummy unit + reduce duration of unit to 0.01 then only the fall of the unit will cause damage and unit'll be removed, it's really incredible sometimes ! in addition you can vary the aoe for both fall of unit (so the aoe-damage around where unit fall) and the aoe of the spell itself for choose where units could fall, with the number of summoned of unit. Note that the times between 2 unit to fall is determined by the "Stats - Duration -Normal" and the stunning time is determined in inferno spell by the "Stats - Duration -Hero/Normal" and duration of the unit (by default infernal) by "Data - Duration".

Well i hope you'll be enough strong and a bit fool to read all that i wrotte (xd) and good luke for the mapmaking and everything else !

Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks for the feedback, I used it to balance the units/towers a bit. Although I didn't do all your suggestions, instead of drunken brawler for example, I simply just did a raw damage boost to the units you mentioned.

I am planning on adding some abilities to the units soon, and will add your idea like "Honor of Knight" for militia/footmen/knights in next version if you still want.

However about the firemage two things :
And i've got an idea for the ultimate of the firemage, it's using rain of Chaos of Archimonde who normally call mass infernal in different way. Originally this idea has been used in Hero Line Wars but it could be really good in this map. It's using the damage and stunning of the impact when infernal fall on the ground, if you change the damage cause by it and change infernal to dummy unit + reduce duration of unit to 0.01 then only the fall of the unit will cause damage and unit'll be removed, it's really incredible sometimes ! in addition you can vary the aoe for both fall of unit (so the aoe-damage around where unit fall) and the aoe of the spell itself for choose where units could fall, with the number of summoned of unit. Note that the times between 2 unit to fall is determined by the "Stats - Duration -Normal" and the stunning time is determined in inferno spell by the "Stats - Duration -Hero/Normal" and duration of the unit (by default infernal) by "Data - Duration".!

Thanks for your suggestion, I am currently working on a new ultimate for the Flame Channeler (already had an idea for it a long time ago, just never started it until now), it's not finished yet though. In version e14, I made some buffs to the damage of his existing ultimate.

In next version, I'll maybe combine Rain of Infernos with his Firestorm spell if my new ultimate doesn't finish by then.

Again, thanks for feedback, appreciated.

Level 4
Great mod compare to the original, its not as hard but still fun. There is however some problems. The Holy Sigil Mission doesn't work and sometimes Missions are not announced, such as the Orc constructing a huge Tower.
Letting the Tower Defender sell his Summoning Rune for gold is pretty cheap, and make alot of money doing that. Even though all his Buildable Tower cost money, the money cost should just be reduced and Rune Summoning sell Prices also.
Also for having the longest time, is there any more trigger events? Or the heroes will just keep rushing us?

Level 6
XenoSword]cn[;833253 said:
Great mod compare to the original, its not as hard but still fun. There is however some problems. The Holy Sigil Mission doesn't work and sometimes Missions are not announced, such as the Orc constructing a huge Tower.
Letting the Tower Defender sell his Summoning Rune for gold is pretty cheap, and make alot of money doing that. Even though all his Buildable Tower cost money, the money cost should just be reduced and Rune Summoning sell Prices also.
Also for having the longest time, is there any more trigger events? Or the heroes will just keep rushing us?

Nope, the last event is the poison mist, technically the event after that is when the level 40+ heroes start attacking you but I'll plan to add more later.

BTW, the game doesn't tell you the specific of the difficulty options but here it is:

Enemy stats:
Easy - 135% HP. 165% exp gain. 30 minutes.
Normal - 150% HP. 195% exp gain. 45 minutes.
Hard - 165% HP. 220% exp gain. 60 minutes.
Very Hard - 175% Hp. 300% exp gain. 65 minutes.
Insane - 200%. 360% exp gain. 70 minutes.
Harder than Insane - 210% HP. 380% exp gain. 70 minutes.

I'll separate the time and the difficulty stats in the future.

Level 2
This seems like a great map =D But it can be a lot better!
-The game crashed 2/5 times, we nearly passed 30min of the game and we had different players and heroes each time.

-It's mentioned before but the classes need more balancing.

-There's a HUGE green space in the south-eastern corner of the map. We could hardly fill the southern green space with buildings. It can be used for some other creep activities, quests or shops.

-Maybe you can implement some changes in the future to change the game from mass creep killing to some RPG like activities. Like completing some tasks or killing certain bosses to advance in the waves.
It can be like some necromancers try to stop the priestess from completing her ritual, so you should bring that holy seal to the blue flame if you want to finish the game, the creeps also come in lesser numbers and take defensive like formation.
There can be some special bosses in the way that need tactic to get killed. Not just a big creep with massive amounts of hp and 3 spammable abilities =P That's just my suggestion though...

Level 4
This seems like a great map =D But it can be a lot better!
-The game crashed 2/5 times, we nearly passed 30min of the game and we had different players and heroes each time.

-It's mentioned before but the classes need more balancing.

-There's a HUGE green space in the south-eastern corner of the map. We could hardly fill the southern green space with buildings. It can be used for some other creep activities, quests or shops.

-Maybe you can implement some changes in the future to change the game from mass creep killing to some RPG like activities. Like completing some tasks or killing certain bosses to advance in the waves.
It can be like some necromancers try to stop the priestess from completing her ritual, so you should bring that holy seal to the blue flame if you want to finish the game, the creeps also come in lesser numbers and take defensive like formation.
There can be some special bosses in the way that need tactic to get killed. Not just a big creep with massive amounts of hp and 3 spammable abilities =P That's just my suggestion though...

You are wrong in the green space way because we use it for building with worker, if you didn't see that then you should take a look...
I also agree that some heroes should be more balanced but i think the principal matter is with the normal attack that deal not enough damage and that make melee heroes pitefull.
Also Boss with tactic are hard in this map because it's may cause lack and we receveice a lot of ennemy, plus they cast some spell like the orc boss who use rain of fires on unit.

If you want challenge then try to beat the UD altar in their base, almost unpossible (but possible with good ally and some tactic) after that you don't got attacked per UD heroes anymore, a nice thing if you manage to do it.
Also for Holy Sigil quest the matter is that there is 2 blues flammes and the right is the second, on the South-East of the UD base and not the one on the North of their base it took me 5 times to realise it.

Well i'll make feedback later because i am busy now. See You Soon

Level 2
I know about the green space... It's just TOO BIG for building, unless you spam lots of buildings...

Level 4
Some changes to do :

:fp:Ninja : Still imba, i don't think that even the ninja should being able to kill Halo Grimreaver alone even with 2 healing times :con:
-Increase the ultimate spell cd to 40 seconds.
-Remove the invisibility after counter because if you don't, ninja can't be attacked even with 1.5 before another counter you won't be attacked in invis mode.

:fp:Spellbreaker : just too weak, the spell steal is funny but not really strong enough, the consume magic is weak because it doesn't damage ennemy, the reflect spell is interersting but it's only a counter spell so it doesn't help you to destroy ennemy. Same for the drain, you can't kill hero with it and you must channel it, a weak one-target healing channeling spell.
+spell of ennemy aren't good, the only good spell i found was the Ice Shockwave with 700 damage, skill like ravenous drive were just uneeded...
For change the interesting think to do would be to no give spell to him, but allow him to choose which spell he want and which he want to lose, making up steal up to 4-5 spells then the hero could be really interesting.

System changements :
-Place Halo Grimreaver more in the north of his base for some reasons :
-When we are enough strong we could attack the UD base and then destroy their altar, then UD hero don't come anymore we could also do the same for other unit. I don't think that it's a bad thing because you have to manage the destruction of the altar while being attacked (33k of life isn't so easy to destroy)
-Also when we desrtoy the orc altar we orcs hero don't stop to spawn, same for Explosive Bat.

:fp:Humans units still need improvement but well, only the tank is himself unbalanced. Their rockets attack is very strong however when immunited ennemy come they are useless with their normal attack.

Level 1
I had a critical error that closed Warcraft III while playing this. I was upgrading both the blade and the lightning tower, either of which might have caused it.

Level 4
The of crash is finnaly sure, i played a lot of times with friend and the only common point when the game crash is... the presence of the architect. It's seems that this hero and his building make the game crash so i propose to simply remove it...

Level 2
We have crashed even when we didn't have an architect and I'm sure about that. But I don't have any ideas of what caused it...

Level 12
Well, some of the eney missions don't seem to be notified, mostly the Tower and the Gruntapult, although the Gruntapult mission I actually did see when I last playing on LAN with a friend (version 1.5e15b, the latest at this point). Also the Spell Conjurer's "Consume Magic" doesn't deal damage (as of v1.5e15b), and it's "Spell Steal" actually stole the Ranger General's "Volley" ability, and when used, after the timer runs out for the ability, the Spell Conjurer turns into the Ranger General temporarily and turns back into the Spell Conujurer. After all this, it actually permanently lowers my armor, to the point of negative armor.

Aside from that, great map, love playing it and the mod just keeps making it better!

Keep up the great work!

4/5

- Infinite

Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks for the info, I'll fix those in the next version.

In terms of 1.5e15, has anyone seen the map crash, if so, anything you notice?

It seems with the removal with Sand King, the map crashes a lot less, is it the same for everyone else?

Anyway, I played a map and crashed recently. I noticed that it might have to do with the enemy Gargoyle hero using dive against the ally version of the Gargoyle hero.

I might remove Dive on the enemy Gargoyle hero or remove the enemy Gargoyle hero in the next version to see if it is the cause.

Has anyone else experienced a crash after the 1.5e15 version besides me?

Level 1
Great map! I really love it.
You should add more heroes in future versions :p Like summoners, maybe healers (supporters), heroes with no attack ability, but only with spells? (like with low mana cost, no cd, etc).

Level 1
Can you please add ability to build runes with workers, instead of buying them? It's really hard to run after them if you play with small team.

Level 2
Enemy hero have too much HP with other skill that make it IMBA because our creep have very low attack and can't kill them without hero.
You should decrease their HP to be same as our hero.

Glacier ward is too weak, it should be ward that use Frost Nova.

Last edited:
Level 4
Long time no see !

Well Well Well, it's sure have been a long time since last feedback :
So let's going on.
-I have found 2 unknow quest until, the dig one but i think this one is used to found the second with the proudmore-like general that need his "pipe" (or something like that in english), i applaud the idea because it had been about 20 maps that i didn't notice those quest hehehehe.
By the ways :

->About units<- :
The donne has changed, before the best combo was to use Mountain Giant + Tank or Tauren + tank for a great efficacity, blocking almost everything.
For have beaten "Harder than Insane" with 2 players (wasn't an easy task) the combo is now Knights + Flying Machine. The knight are well done, but we still lack of skills for airs units and range.
Tanks became a bit useless now (cost too much compared to the power), Giants&Taurens lost to Knights (who are tinier, faster and deal ways more damage...) and Hypprogrif doesn't match flying machine that have low cost and can focus on a target at an incredible number (sometimes more than 50 machines on a ennemy hero Oo).
Shamans still support the troops but aside those 3 units (Knights/flying machines/shamans) the rest has become/is still weak.
as exemple for airs units, aside from having no abilities :
"Actual Situation, weak points"
"Suggestions to increase their efficacity"

:carr:Chimera has magic attack (as griffon) and can't attack immune to magic unit (like inferno and etheral dragons or heroes with anti-magic shield)...and can't attack airs.
Chimera Should have Chaos Damage with AOE, being slow but high hp OR have Chaos Damage with multishoot that hit 2 target (in little AOE if possible) since chimera have 2 heads.

:carr:Hypprogriffs were quite good but can't compare to flying machine with furie + interior fire (from shaman and runes) and can't be so many as them (there damage also aren't really...good, increasing their range is senseless, not real utility. I think Hypprogriffs lack of something they are quite expensive and doesn't have really anything for them, or anything really against them, just middle unit but because of this no abilities they are beaten by flying machines that can come faster on death (created fasted and with more buidling).
I suggest to add a venom (stacking if possible) or an incinerate (like you did on guard tower of architect), a boucing attack (maybe but not the best) and raise theirs damages. The best way would be to found a usefull skill for those long-ranged airs.

:carr:Wyern (orc) : way to expensive, not good damage, poison is senseless if you have mass wyern and theirs damages don't matchs the cost.
think it's all the air we have. The point that you have grunt then raiders before having airs is really different from other races... could be a good point or not.

Orc Wyern need something, lower cost maybe because actually there are totally useless, it's longer to get the building for them, they are quite long to create, powerless and expensive...

:carr:Griffon : Hum, quite expensive, hp are correct, magic attack (very bad point) AOE not really usefull but well. Could have been a possibility if they hadn't magic attack, because of that they can't fight magic-immune units and lose completly to flying machines.
Recommand : Non-magic attack, a 5% bash (1 sec on unit, 0.25 on hero and 50 damage)-> just a minor thing but encourage players to take them.

:carr:Flying Machines : Currently the best units because of their low cost, low build time and even if there are weak you can mass and block a lot of units, they can both fight ground/air and cause of their low build-time they can stop ennemy (late game only) by keeping coming. About that there is an exploit (see "Orc Wave Blocking").If i would recommand something it would only being a little explosion on death but anyway not really need, flying machiens are interessting because they are the littlest air-unit of the game and is usefull.

:fp:For the end the relative power-cost (and specially hits points should be like that)
Chimera>Orc Wyern>Griffon>Hypogriff>Flying Machines
(i didn't speak about elven aigles because they don't match flying machines, not at all).

Well that was the focus on air-units this time ^^ still this map is good there is a long to do (well nothing is perfect).

->About Heroes<-
Firstly i want to be understand, i said before that i did the "Harder Than Insane" with only 2 players, it's possible but only with 2 heroes together : The Architect and the ninja, another combo won't work, just not enough dps (and it still wasn't easy even with those 2)^^'
I won't speak about a lot of heroes, i would also precise that i don't really test melee heroes, i think they are just too weak (apart the ninja that is never-stop-moving) and end too many times killed.

:carr:Architect : a powerfull heroes with tower and runes still not easy to use correctly because even if you gain gold with runes, you lose a lot of tower (thank Hydralisk and his damn acid AOE skills rocket-like) but it's look really fine when you manage to block the entire Undead army on the river or in the right side of the city (not easy but worth the difficulty) apart that it's a hero that never fight really because he's just too easy to kill and you don't need it. + he has to summon runes all the times.Towers Reviews :
->Rockets Tower : Fine, Just perfect, not imba, not useless, has light stun, AOE damage, a quite DPS and not a stupid range my beloved one tower.
->Lightning tower : We think at first that these tower can stop everything but not really, tought it's a important tower, impossible to win with architect without it, it's expensive and not really resistant (how much of them did i lose on HTI difficulty). Good towers that don't need to be balanced for me.
->Blades Towers : Never used, the damage is way weaker than Lightning and his high hp can't help the cost, the low range and the fact that if ennemy want to kill them, they'll. Blades are completly useless... never used (tought it wasn't a bad idea).
->Guard Towers : were interesting because of the fire arrows but in fact it really doesn't do enough dommage, and the single target doesn't help, can't compare to cannons towers, + it could be only used in mass else it's powerless and if Hydralisk mass kill them it's uneeded.
->Catapult Tower : average not really good, not too bad i just make one but really isn't so much helpfull.
->Freeze Tower : Oblivious a obligatory towers, the slow is too helpfull for passe tought it.
->Sight Tower : Basic tower at low cost, sense be a barricade but their hp are low compared to others -> Never used

Runes :I won't review each runes here but i think that for gold, we should have trigger that give gold = to sell tower each X seconds for each runes and then the triggers stop for the time of the cd of the runes (+ few seconds) else it's really a pain in the *** to sell runes all the times, may cause lag and sometimes crash. I also think that the architect should have a 2nd invis builder that follow him and build runes in his place, else you can spawn it really in no-sense, sometimes it could be really stupid and you can block the way without knowing.
Oh yeah i forgott about the architect, he has a little bug with his heal buidling spell, when you sell runes and heal in the ground for sometime (in auto cast), a light matter indeed.
[also maybe it'd be good if upgrade from scierie upgrade architect tower]

:carr:Ninja : Good if well used, i still think he should be invis for only 0.1 second after counter an attack, else he never attack and still counter, anyway he's a good heroes if you know how to use and i generally never die for the whole game with him.

:carr:Firemage : Still really NEED an ultimate, even his other well-balanced spell aren't enough to help the fact that his actual ultime is bad (same for druid) simply because they are long channeling spell and you are always stunned when you channel for more than 5-10 seconds.

:carr:Spellbreaker : The same, a bit better, his consume magic is better but still not perfect, i think the spellbreaker should hold the idea of spellsteal but that'd be better to have absorbed spell in a 2nd hero and then choose his spell for the spellbreaker (and then have 4-5 spell stealed not only one), being able to lvl up spell stealed like this would be good too, too frustrating to have to steal again when you got a good spell because his level is too low.

:carr:Gargoyle : Paper-Made Bird, this heroes has spell that need him to go in the ennemy and his spells are more made for Heroes vs Heroes (like in Eota Twlight [he's actually just a copy]) than for the mass fight in Eota Exodus, need to change some spell (i specially think to image) and raise the armor because he's too easily killed by creeps when he cast spells... a useless hero until now even if you boost his armor.

About heros it'd be a good idea if you change upgrade from altar, they are too expensive long and useless (except the armor upgrade that is always to take), the rest is uninteresting because to less bosst for high cost. Part in cause because you have a limited number of good items (specially a lot of useless in the market), also you should being able to have potion with charge and stack it instead of having to full your inventory with a few potions, that means that in late game you never use goblin shop (personnaly i never use it and i am not the only one).

And the last :
Exploit : Blocking Orcs Waves !!!

Extremtly usefull in late game, the matter is that in the trigger, as long as all orcs heroes haven't died the next orcs wave won't come, so i assisted so that -> A Blademaster Heroes fighting in production zone and endlessly fightning unit (that were too weak to kill them) and because of that the whole orc wave was stopped, at 9min45 of game end (+peon to escape)
after the death of the big draggon (Therivox) and then me and my ninja friend were only fightin the Boss DK of undead on the right attacked by rocket towers, Lightnin Towers, Runes and Flying Machines... (and then we won fightning only the orc waves without Creeps or DK [since those died]).

Simply to resolve you should make a trigger that send the orc wave after some times even if all orcs heroes aren't here else it's really a easy exploit to fix, at least i hope so.

Thank you for all your hard work, knowing how hard is it i propose again my help to improve the map (even in mapmaking unit/trigger/terrain etc...)

Good Luke And See You at the next feedback ! :spell_breaker:

Level 1
I think the computers are still too easy and you need to up the enemies
I noticed that if you block halo in the beginning and he doesn't destroy the gate the undead don't come

Level 1
Hey! This is my first post here and I haven't really read the entire thread so sorry if I copy someone else's thoughts on this map. -_-

First off, I'm so glad someone edited this map, and did a good job with it too. Here's some ideas on what I think would make it even better:

1. Towards the end of the game the friendly units start to really suck, as in they almost become completely worthless. I can understand why but maybe it would be cool to have some new units be unlocked towards the end, or upgrade research that limits the amount of units produced but makes them able to compete with the stronger creeps, but still get demolished by heroes. Some of them are still good even in late game, like knights and shamans, but the majority can't compete at all.

2. More heroes! I really like the heroes that are here now, and the new ones you added are awesome, but I think having more heroes would go a long way towards increasing the game's replayability. Maybe you could ask if you can copy some from DotA or Enfo's or Exodus. Even just copying the ones from regular TFT and changing the abilities would be cool.

Level 2
You should add more upgrade units.(2 ways upgrade like CF is good)
For example
Priest upgrade to High Priest with powerful healing spell,
or can be upgrade to Prophet with powerful buff spell.

Sorceress upgrade to Warlock with powerful stun & disabling spell(like hex)
or can be upgrade to Wizard with powerful area debuff spell(like mass slow, mass curse).

Every units should have 2 ways upgrade.

Mechanical and building repair should be free.

You should add bounty for killing enemy, because in late game peasant and peon can't walk toward castle or castle is destroyed.

Upgrade should be global for race, for example
Human Attack Upgrade, Human Armor Upgrade, Orc Attack Upgrade, Orc Armor Upgrade.
And it should have a building for upgrade not upgrade from the creep building.

Creep tooltips should have useful information like DPS, armor, HP, skill.

It shouldn't have more heroes, you should balance the old heroes first.
Heroes should have its adventage and disadventage that is unique for them.

Enemy's heroes should have beutiful effect but lower damage, duration with faster cooldown, it shouldn't be like "long stun and high damage", "very high healing wave", "very big summon", "Imba evasion and reincarnation", "mirror image with 100% damage receive", "Dark Ritual that full heal the hero", "Animate Dead with invulnerable summon", "Resurrection all creep" etc., and less enemy's heroes should be good(too much enemy's heroes in late game).

Deinnov, Therivox and Halo Grimreaver should be remake to be small heroes instead of sending another heroes to attack.

Anti-magic Shell should be remove from creep(or less duration with more cooldown), it make a lot heroes become useless if they can't dispel it(and there are no creep that can use dispel), or you could add dispel or purge-like spell to make it easily removable.

Marketplace should have more item, not from the normal item, it should be custom item, it shouldn't be tome.

You should add the tooltip "Orb Effect" to all item and skill with orb effect.

Some items are very useless and should be remove or remake, like Thunderlizard Diamond, Murloc Scale, other "increase small attribute" items.

Enemy's heroes should have item and can be drop.

Creep shouldn't have stun, sleep and heal spell, too annoy and imba.
Stun should be replace by slow&damage spell(like shadow strike), Heal spell should be heal over time or a little heal with fast cooldown.

Last edited:
Level 6
Apparently the mods want the original creator(me)'s permission before allowing an editted and locked version on this site. I'm here to say that's granted, provided its clear that I didn't make this specific version and that credit for the original is still attributed to me. I believe that was done with this map, so he's free to continue editting and locking/optimizing the map as long as that remains the case.

DarnYak

Level 4
New version, a new race, and another review :
Not a war, not a battle, not a match, not even a fight. A simple Slaughter

Well just tested 17a version and I'll say, the naga race is completely overpower.
I precise that i played in the hardest difficulty "harder than insane", solo without computer in Lan Mode (= no cheat) with the spellstealer heros, i destroyed the UD base after 20 min (completely, there wasn't any building and halo had been slaughted by the naga warriors because of stun), then i attacked Therivox, his imba tower couldn't help him enough and they were also slaughted, therivox resisted but some naga had the "reflective spell" of my hero and sent back hex to him about three or four time...
I killed him while i still had 35 min to go on, and so i continued by attacking the orcs, it probably wasn't the smartest thing, i could just have made mass naga tower (i built only one at the end to see it) in the way where orcs come and there kill them without giving them an opportunity to exp but instead i simply rushed to the orc camp with bunch of warriors and turtles (naga), it had been hard to break the first line and my heros died twice in the fight, thought orcs heroes have probably died about eighty time more than me and so after a retreat, a massive air-coualt-attack to kill the tower i controled the orcs respam point having destroyed all vulnerable building (= all except the demonic gate and the therivox artefact) i had 3x 12 coualt at the respam point who where followed by another 12 coualt + 3/4 of my army of turtles and naga warriors. At this point they were killed as soon as they revived, hydralisk didn't even have the time to use his stampede which was with bladestorm the only spell able to create a destruction among my rank, but that was all. In the end i won easily with the three camp completely destroyed, blocking orcs respam, as well as the UD cargo. It wasn't even a battle, it was a massacre, in harder than insane.

First the naga warrior, it's the first to catch your eyes, his building cost only 600 gold & 10 wood, less than for a knight or a giant (knights are 1100 gold cost), you also don't need to upgrade building for naga warriors, next those warriors have higher damage, attack-speed, armor and hps than knight or Giant in comparison. I tested, a Warriors can kill a Giant while losing only 1k5, giant had 4k destroyed in no time. and really what with the ability, stun working on heroes (even with the reduction on heroes you can just mass and Overkill everything), then cleaving attack 100% damage and even more, the cleaving work on air meaning you can kill air without even use net by attacking another ground unit or net/rets(ed) unit. High damage + heroes armor + (imba) cleaving + Net.
So Naga warriors need adjustment, i doubt you played with them cause eitherway you'd have see how much overpowered they're.

Next coualt, they're very strong but they cost quite a lot (700 gold/50wood), still they had an automatic AOE spell damage and even mana burn (which isn't much used but well) i think the only real trouble is their attack : 200 damage and they aren't slow to attack, when you add their Aoe spell with their damage increased by attack aura lvl 5 (+180% damage) the coualt become the best air unit of the game, i think you probably can just mass coualt without making ground unit and win without trouble, which you can't do so easily with mass flying machines.
So coualt are slightly imba but mostly because they have 3 spells and high damage including aoe, others air doesn't have suck power.

The Sirens, i used them too much in late game, but i could still saw how much strong they were, tought a knight can beat a sirens in normal condition in doesn't apply usually, because of their parasite spell, 300 damage, a full upgrade knight has 2100 hp... the sirens also have ranged attack, frost armor, cyclone and even more an IMBA defence, like the knight defence but in more powerfull, while the knight have "only" 50% chance to reflect/nullify ranged attack and spell sirens have 80% chances...:hohum:
Then you add the fact that parasite unit have 1000 hit point and higher damage than knight and that sirens are ranged unit... For those who don't understand you have an unbeatable army able to slow down any kind of ennemy, highly damage them, ground or airs doesn't matter since sirens have 600 range in others world it's completly impossible to break an army of sirens.
(even in harder than insane)

The turtle now, well anyone will thing the same thing as me, what the hell is doing an unit with 300% spiked damage reflection in Warcraft 3..., the turtle does have that, fortified armor and even a 200 damage reduction against heroes, actually the blade-master or even the beast-master are compeltely destroyed by ONE turtle, the damage reflect is way to imba the only counter for the enemy is hydralisk with stampede, this is absolutely the only thing that make the heroes able to kill the turtle(s).
So, reducing the reflecting damage is very very very recommended, I'd recommend to down it at least to 35%.

There is more ? Yes there is
The naga lizard with venom, well i didn't used him, i built a few to see, well they can support the unit but actually the others units are so overpowered that i didn't have to bother adding some to my army tough their slow of venom could have been usefull.

Finally the naga tower, well i didn't used it to fight, it seem at least less imba since it can be killed pretty easily with his 2000 hp, it probably only a good choice with the architect heros, mainly because of the insane AOE of the naga tower, they may very well replace the lightning tower but that's not sure. In the end a tower that probably won't be used a lot, invulnerable tower are more worth their cost.

Well in conclusion i repeat, the naga are clearly an overpowered race, it's normal since they're news and "should" be the most expensive race, but still they're TOO imba. so balance please.

Well eitherway, about the spellstealer heros, his first aoe is fine, just a normal aoe still usefull against orcs images and invocations with a slight stun, a spell to have. His reflective spell, well it based of rune but could become seriously strong, i'll simply remind my fight with Therivox with his Hex spell being reflected to him (as well as fire breath by the way).

His drain has become really usefull however i was wondering, when you drain a high hp unit well, at the end of the drain the target also takes the damage of the AOE, i managed to deal often 9k damage and even 19K damage a few times, also you use a comparaison between the life when you start the spell, and when it end, well it works but you should be aware that also the OTHERS damage done to the target affect it (which is the reason why i did 19k sometimes), and also i am not sure that it happened but theorically if you target a low hp unit and this unit receive an heal (like hydralisk that healed once) won't the AOE after drain heal the units after the drain instead of damaging them ?

There is still some orcs heroes that doesn't give spells with spellsteal like the Prophete or hellscream, also if volcano and bear are pretty much usless, the summon zerling is pretty much imba, because of the aura upgrade, i had them all lvl 5 and i can say, 7 zerlings does a LOT of damage with a 180% damage aura + attackspeed aura.

and also there is a bug i think with the spellsteal as far as i remember i could only steal 3 spells to the enemy, i think that the teleport spell inclued in the spellbook block the last spells, I'll check that tough.

Please add a condition to the holy sigil quest so that it doesn't spam when the two necromancer are already dead, it happened and well, it doesn't make sense.

Well finally, the heroes are becoming even more weaker (in our sides), because with the auras units are stronger but heroes still does almost nothing in melee damage, seriously when i saw the naga warrios with 200 basic damage and my heros with 40 damage i thought "i can as well play without the heros, it wouldn't change much", apart from the hex bug (was very funny indeed) i was right, the heros does too less attack damage and the spell can't help heroes like tauren, blademaster or any melee heros that massively use attack and not spell. actually the only heroes that i find usefull are : the ninja, the sentinal which are the only 2 strong melees, mots casters heroes are strong specially the prophet (yeah him) because of healing ward (pretty much imba for heal the priest, or yourself, in late game), but in my list not any strenght heroes are good, and there is only 3 agi, ninja, sentinel and ranger.

So please RAISE the attack of heroes so they can be considered as heroes without having just usefull(or useless :D=) spells.

Edit : my mistake, i forgot the pandaren which help a bit with his gold bonus, and also sorry for my long text, i can't make a short review^^'

Level 20
Naga is seriously overpowered as ArnaudB said. I didn't even need to do anything I just put couple naga guardians where undead are coming and that was enough to stop them considering that guardians have hero armor 2 abilities and can submerge if they are injured (they were holding undead at the river). Also about snap dragon his poison deals 40 damage ever couple of seconds.

I personally think that all units are overpowered judging by the original map. The first waves of enemy are to easy since their attacks can't match with players army. Because of that heroes are not necessary unless they have some aura to help units.

Level 4
@VeljkoM : well actually it isn't so much that units are overpowered, it's that our heroes are underpowered, we actually can't upgrade much our heroes, the altar boost isn't enough and their basic damage are too weak, so we can't make good heroes and then we make mass units, we don't have the choice, it's just the only way to win.

Level 20
I know I only use that ninja hero since she is only that makes any difference. The original was much harder since our units were little stronger then their original counterparts from melee and heroes were more important. Heck now combine naga guardian with shaman and snap dragons and nobody will pass.

Level 20
Bets thing to do is send 3 guardian nagas to keep undead, 3 or 6 naga air units (can't spell their names) to attack orc heroes since only two are range and couple of any naga units on middle gate and just to make sure 2 turtles in base. Wile they keep waves of for 30 min or so make even more naga units and any support units to make them stronger (like shaman for bloodlust, priests for inner strength...). Hero is not needed.

Level 4
aggred that heros is no needed, in that case i generally use either the pandaren or the architect for their gold bonus.
However i personnaly prefer to attack the UD base and at least kill the first necromancer + burning archer and then killing the UD altar, i tried always to do that in older version and if you manage to do it, you have almost won cause UD heroes (including Halo) won't ressurect.
It's a challenge that actually i find good, like an optionnal quest.

And well i don't make much support units, supports are good if you're pushed, otherwise you don't need to spend gold on them, just make more air unit. naga air units are the "coualt". and well personally i like the fact that you can, hardly, attack the enemy base and that they don't just stupidly spam. Well the sure thing is Naga race is overpowered and need balance, we have got to wait this before trying naga races again.

Level 20
At least with more people naga units will be hard to have since their cost. Also it is unfair that Tauren costs 600 and has only one ability which must be upgraded.

Also is that trigger that kicks players when they try to skip cinematic still in function? I lost many players that way.

Level 4
Well, about naga as i said, 600 gold +10 wood is cheaper than 1100 gold for knight, so obliviously the number of players won't change that, i also agree that more units should have upgradable and/or more/better abilities cause a lot of units are useless currently.

About the kicking, there's something to resolve it, if newuser read that he may use it :

I saw that in another map, instead of having the text in the usual place you have on the screen (like the advertisement), then players can't skip the text since you can't remove the text in the screen except with a triggers, but not with Escape.
I hope i was clear, anyway this way may be better since it makes players unable to skip the cinematic.

About the tauren, i never use them cause as you said they're useless, knights are better for a balance damage/tank and if you want a good tank you'll take Giants (i don't speak of nagas ofc). An usual combo i used to make was Knight + 2 shaman tent (master) + 1/2 sorceress tente (slow is usefull sometime). Then i added Riffleman and a few mortar, that's a balanced army but well, actually another which seem better is :

Knight + Soceress + mass flying machines (upgraded at max), the reason is simply that flying machins are build faster than any kind of units, compared to their power, also since they're mechanical you can't boost them but also some spell (stun) can't affect them, and it prove very efficient to fight hydralisk. The knights are just here to block ground units that can't attack flying units and block the orcs heroes if they don't wanna stop, while the sorceress slow all the creeps (and heroes) seriously downing their power.

Well at end i'd like Newuser to look what is around the priestess of the moon cause when you look around her it still lag like HELL and when she is under attack you're in trouble !

Level 16
Personally I find this a really good and fun map. Only thing I got to suggest is some more heroes thats about it other then that is is a greatt fun map I love the terrain for it too.