• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Norse Warmonger

A simple Norse Warrior I decided to work on, using only ingame textures. Surprisingly, it looks quite good with the texture i've used for it.

Major props to Debode for his role in the making of this model, teaching me the ins and outs i've been overlooking for the past while.

Keywords:
Norse, Nordic, Warrior, Hero, Footman, Thunder, Lightning, Boobies
Contents

Norse Warmonger (Model)

Reviews
08:10, 22nd Jul 2008 General Frank: Model is nice and works ingame. Fine stuff.

M

08:10, 22nd Jul 2008
General Frank:

Model is nice and works ingame. Fine stuff.

Level 5
looks not very nordic but very good as royal guard or dwarf axe man great work 4/5
if you want it to be more nordic add a beard make shield circle and diffent helm design the one hes got now looks more like a dwarf one

Level 36
It looks good, but being a Norwegian and all... This do NOT look like a Norse warrior! :O
But to make it actually look norse, try to use that style you used on my nortians, you know the extra hair from the wolf model, and make a fur cape out of it, and trow in some cape anims from arthas or something :p
And for shields, even the bandit model shield would look more nordic! :p

Level 21
§§§ - the code is 789 §
for that characters is you name, what's the code? XD
ĐĐĐ = 465 Đ
◘◘◘ = 8456 ◘
↕↕↕ = 1298 ↕
╔╔╔ = 457 ╔
╚╚╚ = 456 ╚
╦╦╦ = 459 ╦
╩╩╩ = 458 ╩
╠╠╠ = 460 ╠
═══ = 461 ═
╬╬╬ = 462 ╬
¤¤¤ = 463 ¤

Level 13
I would seriously rename the model Imperial Axeman or something... but maybe it's just my opinion. I imagine a nordic warrior like an overgrown dwarf... (Beard, angry, drunk and wielding a massive axe)...
Otherwise: I like it, but the shield is ugly... make it rounder, not that pointy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you've used captain textures to skin the model, right? Anyways, I don't like the black areas in the armor, you should add something there (insignia, a rune, something) just to avoid having it.

Conclusion: 3.75/5 Good, but can be improved.

Level 36
They didnt really have "awsome badass armor" like you depict it, if your model shows what you think they had <.< You should add more ring armor, more leather and more hide to him, and yes he should have a little beard, not like a dwarf, but a little.

And for the black spots, why not add teamcolour there?

Level 4
Thanks

Dont add wings... this model is 99.9% AWESOME!!

.1% becuz nothing is perfect

thanks for all the models will help!!! :D:grin::grin::grin: