• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quel'Thalas

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Quel'Thalas is a map that allows you to play as the Blood Elves, alongside Night Elves, Orcs, and Undead.
Contents

Quel'Thalas (Map)

Reviews
17:38, 14th Dec 2008 Rui: The map requires updating. Please use EpicWar instead. See my whole review here. [highlight]Rejected[/code].

M

17:38, 14th Dec 2008
Rui:
The map requires updating. Please use EpicWar instead.

See my whole review [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=80585#post941425]here[/self]. [highlight]Rejected[/code].

Level 1
Hi! I think it is VERY good. The main problems are, the woodwork for the BE is bugged, and it has a weird effect when researching. I'd suggest just to go with the original building. Perhaps fixed slots for BE, so on. A bigger map might be good, and maybe some terrain, like Silvermoon (Walls and the like) and Deathholme. V. Good!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
This is my review for the current version of "Quel'Thalas".
Rui's Review
Pluses and Minuses
√ Machine/Net-friendly
(X) Hive Workshop Requirements
(X) Terrain
(X) Replaying Worth
(X) Fun Factor/Gameplay
(X) Originality
(X) Object Editor work quality
"Quel'Thalas" is an altered melee map that changes the Human race into the Blood Elves.

...And while people who download the map here know that, players who acquire the map through Battle.Net will not. I advice using a race selection system instead.
Everything else in your map basically fails (I hope you apologize for the expression): the terrain has a good structure, somewhat, but lacks elevation and ground texture variation, as well as decoration, and the trees have holes in them as well; the game type itself is not original at all, and there are far better altered melee maps out there; the work
quality on the Object Editor is not very good -- you simply threw in heroes with some changed hero ability set.

All in all, this is a map that you should upload on EpicWar and not here.
My rating for this map is 1/5 (Unacceptable), and has been set to [highlight]Rejected[/code] status (I experienced a crash).