• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battlestar Galactica

Reactions: deepstrasz
This is the Battlestar Galactica form gthe show Battlestar Galactica.

Origional model and texture
by Coxxon
[email protected]

coxxon had posted these for public use on www.scifi-meshes.com

I just converted his model and modified the texture, animation and did some minor model adjustments. I also removed 24618 points, 16448 faces, for a total of 877 kb. Now its only 357kb.

Has attack, walk, stand and death animations like the other BSG models I have posted.

I hope you all like it.

SYC.

UPDATE: New Texture 1meg but good for cinematics

Keywords:
BSG, Battlestar, Galactica, Space, ship, fighter, colonial
Contents

Battlestar Galactica (Model)

Reviews
Werewulf: Author permission shown. G.F.: Model works fine and performs okay ingame.

M

Werewulf: Author permission shown.

G.F.: Model works fine and performs okay ingame.

syc

syc

Level 8
please feel free to retexture :). I have no issue with anyone working on these models, just give Coxxon and myself credit (coxxon the creator, myself the importer and refiner).

The texture went from 2048x2048 to 256x256 (warcraft standard). I was not sure if I could use a larger texture, and it would have probably taken up much more memory and space in the map files.

syc

syc

Level 8
well everyone asked me to make this as small as possible, so it does not bloat the map it is put into. I can try to release my origional texture which is twice as detailed but twice as big. ill see if that works.

Wonderfull ! I will use it as a colony ship, i just dont like the file size, you shoud make a model whit low detailed texture and preserve this one for shinematics, as detail may be needed then. And its good for cinematics, because its hollow and you can add doodads inside it.

EDIT:I needed icons of the model so i made same, if sameone wants them i attached them. Note: They are screenshots and many people can probably make them.

Attachments

• BTNColonyShip.blp
    8 KB · Views: 158
  • BTNColonyShip.png
    BTNColonyShip.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 5,923
  • DISBTNColonyShip.blp
    4.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DISBTNColonyShip.png
    DISBTNColonyShip.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 5,866
Level 22
I was wondering if someone will make a Battlestar Galactica from all then spaceships made, and looks like it has been made before I even thought of it. The texture needs imporvement but generally color improvement, to make thigns more metallic, otherwise the lines and name I think are ok. Nice 4/5 for the skin,

Also use real lamps or other particle instead of bloodlust.. so not suitable.

Level 12
I don't like how it sways. The only way the swaying would be good is if it were a mission where it was floating on the ocean. Otherwise..... yeah.

I like your icons Dark Hunter. But I think it looks like an engine or hangerbay. Just my opinion.

Okay, firstly, its swaying because this is a space ship. >_< It couldn't possible even enter the atmosphere of a planet; look at what happened in season 3 when that happened! xD

Secondly, it technically is a hanger bay. Its basically just an aircraft carrier for space. =p

syc

syc

Level 8
well i uploaded that texture over a month ago because of everyone complaning about the texture. If people want I can upload the smaller texture to the skins section.

And to those who just comment on the size or polys... It was 49,000+ polys before i reduced it. And it runs fine in maps with 5 or 6 in a battle with other units. Tested on a 1.6ghz P4 laptop.

Level 2
Nice Model. If the filesize was a bit smaller it would be perfect but oh well. This is going to be one of the capital ships in my new map, and its role will be the same as the BSG's is in the TV series and game (Love BSG) : A huge carrier ship with a ton of guns.
Great going. I can only hope that with this file size my map will still fit on B.net, I'm using a lot of imported files.

Level 12
I got problems with using the model.
I import the .mdx file and the .txt file, than i delete the war3imported/ in front of the text file, save the map and re-open it.
It sayes that it could not open the .mdl file when i place the unit. Am I doing smthing whrong ??

Last edited:
Level 3
Syc you can work in the models of the ships of the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA ONLINE? i need of the models for the map im creating...