• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jass Region Die On Quickwrite v3.0 v3.0

This tool originates from here

NO MORE DOS BASED PROGRAM!
I COMPLETLY UPDATED IT, ITS ACTUALLY A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PROGRAM, ITS USED FOR MAKING MAZES. HERES WHAT IT DOES:

Lets say u got 2000 regions on a maze map. Im sure u dont wanna have 2 make 2000 events for unit enters region - kill unit do u? Well, this FINNALY has a nice user interface, and a step by step wizard! All you do is do exactally as the wizard says, then itll create u a nice jass trigger that u just copy and paste into the trigger editor. Simple!

UPDATES:
-TOTALLY USER FRIENDLY
-Step By Step Wizard
-Buttons
-Abilities Drop Down Menu (contains ALL wc3 models) (used for special effects)
-Attachment Point Option For Abilities
-NO LONGER NEEDS DOS FILE PATHS! + File Browser For Ez Saving
-Trigger Name Problem Fixed
-COMPLETLY NEW, try it out!
Contents

Jass Region Die On Quickwrite v3.0 v3.0 (Binary)

Level 5
YAY! they finnaly updated it onto the site!

btw, if for some reason u install it and it still doesnt work, just extract the .CAB file with winzip, then copy the exe stored within the .CAB file into a folder, and run the exe.

Level 1
No, it isn't designed for win98... Certainly not...
This thing had put my system down twice !
When I install it, a lot of .dll error surround !

If you download it, save your personnal files before...

By the way, it doesnt even work on Linux with cedega... So I will never use it...

Level 8
A: Dont use all caps in the description it looks totally gay
B: Your program uses a very common dll and it wont work for some reason
C: Why do you even need to install it? It should extract into a folder and work like all the other GOOD programs

Level 2
ummmm you guys are strange...i dont know bout you but all i had to do was extract the file and walla...it worked and i used it in my mze and also worked perfect...to the author good job!

Level 2
Do you even need to use regions to make people die? I mean for my maze maps i make a trigger so if they stand on grass or whatever the tileset is for were you cant stand, the unit dies it works for me.

Level 11
This doesn't seem to be useful to me thanks to the amazing ability to simply check what terrain the enemy is standing on and kill them if its not the kind of terrain you want. Its true checking only when they enter regions will save some cpu power but I still don't think its worth the time of using this program accept if its 150% integrated with WE which would be much more then in any right i can ask.

Level 1
Do you even need to use regions to make people die? I mean for my maze maps i make a trigger so if they stand on grass or whatever the tileset is for were you cant stand, the unit dies it works for me.

how do you do that thats the reason why i download it but it dont work:confused:

Level 10
OK first thing u guys who say "Just check the Terrain." Sorry but you have no clue what a good maze is then. Terrain kill kills you just cus ur nearby. It sucks big time. A real maze maker uses Regions. Its old school, and its better.

I say "Just check the Terrain". You can also check nearby terrain types, and then detect the border style (diagonal for example) and calculate the EXACT terrain on that position.

Of course this depends on the tiles used, because stones overlap dirt, but grass overlaps dirt (or something like that)

Example for PATHABLE = dirt, and other tile = grass/stones. For other tiles the function has to be changed of course. However, it's possible and consumes way less space in a map. It is even more precise, because rects are rectangular... This one can also detect diagonal borders.

But you are right, a real maze maker does not know how to do this and uses regions instead. This would only be used by imaginary perfect maze maker who does not exist in reality.

I personally used it for a 2d physics simulator and replaced the dirt with space-like textures, so grass looked like the only solid ground. Also worked for stones as stones overlap dirt, too.

JASS:
    function GetTerrainNormal_IsPathable takes real X, real Y returns boolean
        local real GridX = R2I(X/128+RSignBJ(X)*0.5)*128
        local real GridY = R2I(Y/128+RSignBJ(Y)*0.5)*128
        local integer i = 0
        local boolean b = GetTerrainType(GridX,GridY)==PHYSX_TERRAIN_PATHABLE_TILE
        local boolean c = false
        if RAbsBJ(X-GridX)+RAbsBJ(Y-GridY)<64 then
            return b
        endif
        set GridX = R2I(X/128)*128+RSignBJ(X)*64
        set GridY = R2I(Y/128)*128+RSignBJ(Y)*64
        if GetTerrainType(GridX+64,GridY+64)==PHYSX_TERRAIN_PATHABLE_TILE then
            set i = i + 1
            if GetTerrainType(GridX-64,GridY-64)==PHYSX_TERRAIN_PATHABLE_TILE then
                set i = i + 1
                set c = true
            endif
        elseif GetTerrainType(GridX-64,GridY-64)==PHYSX_TERRAIN_PATHABLE_TILE then
            set i = i + 1
        endif
        if GetTerrainType(GridX+64,GridY-64)==PHYSX_TERRAIN_PATHABLE_TILE then
            set i = i + 1
            if GetTerrainType(GridX-64,GridY+64)==PHYSX_TERRAIN_PATHABLE_TILE then
                set i = i + 1
                set c = true
            endif
        elseif GetTerrainType(GridX-64,GridY+64)==PHYSX_TERRAIN_PATHABLE_TILE then
            set i = i + 1
        endif
        if i>2 then
            return true
        elseif i<2 or (c and RAbsBJ(X-GridX)+RAbsBJ(Y-GridY)<32) then
            return false
        endif
        return b
    endfunction