• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Headhunter

this skin is used on the headhunter model. enjoy~<br><br>--<br><br>update: 2005/01/21<br>- repair alpha channel<br>- adjust armor color<br>

Keywords:
roman, spearthrower, headhunter, gladiator, soldier, warrior
Contents

Headhunter (Texture)

Reviews
THE_END: This is just a sick skin Great ideas here
Level 2
i dont like that monkey Hueter..
... i really dont.. I mean.. It's smiling like a psycho, and not to mention the never ending banana eating..
Oh the skin.. Grrrrrreat! :wink:

Level 3
I love how instead of the massive fangs on the trolls really being part of the mouth, you made it part of the helmet. Very creative!

Level 8
i'm really glad u guys like my first skin :p

some guys said i should add more detail on helmet, but in game, the model size is too small to see those detail...so i just save the work :)

i'm gonna make more skins if i have time...

and can anyone tell me how to set the transparency of the texture? i set the alpha to black but it becomes team color...i want some parts of the model to be invisible.

Level 3
If u dont like the team color, and your using adobe phtoshop then chanche the brush mode to "Color"
and pain the "Team Color" and then pain what ever u want to on it.. :D sry my bad enlish :D

anyway AWAESOME WORK! 890/10

Level 6
If there is something that its better than this on this model, its the concept to this skin. You really put alot of work in figuring out how it would look in real life! :D

Still, I think the helm needs to be more shiny, else it looks alittle like leather, and what said by ChaoZzZ. Else, perfect. I especially like that you did a concept art. Not sure to vote 4 or 5 here... Hmmm...

Level 3
ok i am really a asshole when rating skins, and giving 5/5 only to the perfect skins... but IF you fix the black on the spear ingame ( aka alphaing out on skin ) it diserves a 5/5, i like the simple way of shading you use.

no likes (theres gotta be some):
the boots
black on spear
plates on legs (looks vague)

fix it = 5/5 else is 4/5 (cant rate 4.8 so :wink: , no uprating )

Level 12
its a superb idea. its one of those why-didnt-i-think-of-that ideas... loving it. only think i am worried about, is the portrait. the animations there will most likely kinda shatter the whole believability of the helmet :(

the metal needs a LOT of work it looks like plastic right now, the skinning technique factory could help you out there. i love the flesh though, its simply pwerfect.

good-fucking-job. (dont harrass me for foul language, pricks >.<)

Level 8
thanx for your comments guys

i didn't know how i deleted the alpha channel...:(
anyway i've fixed it...the spear looks ok now.
also i adjust the yellow part of the armor, make it more shining now.

btw, i did not compress this texture so it's quite big. if u want to use it in your map plz compress first, this will save about 90k in size.

i've resubmitted the skin file, but why the snapshot not change? its still the old one ...

Level 3
I can import other skins , but I cant find the path for this one. Its neither on this page nor in the read me. So whats the path?

Someone that knows what there doing please post the path for me and Khaled Im not smart enough to figure it out on my own.

Last edited:
Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ? Path ?