• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arthas & Illidan : The Confrontation

Detail

Status

Forum - http://septimus.invisionplus.net
Map Status - Protected
Current Version - 1.02
Duration - 5 minutes 30 seconds

Description

Tired of those usual Arthas versus Illdan cinematic which are poorly develop? Here is a good quality cinematic of the battle; even though there is more flashback memories rather than a fight.

Screenshot

148027-albums700-picture30691.jpg

148027-albums700-picture30692.jpg

148027-albums700-picture30693.jpg

148027-albums700-picture30694.jpg

148027-albums700-picture30695.jpg

Notice

1) Open Sources

• If this map is open sources, it mean this map are free to be view by everybody regardless of age, community, religion and status.
  • Open sources doesn't mean you could edit this map freely without my permission for the sake of fun or various reason, you still got to ask my permission to do so.

2) Protected

• If this map is protected, it mean there is an content or resources that are deem to be exclusive or specially made for the map that I strictly do not allowed other to use or neiter view it.
  • If you wish to view the map through world editor, kindly ask my permission and I would send the open sources to you if I see your reason to be acceptable.

Credit
SectionContributer
Model
  • General Frank
  • Dan van Ohllus
  • Gottfrei
  • Celestea
Spells
  • Paladon
  • Tesla-Dude
  • Rmx
Terrainer
  • Approject
  • raid1000
Loading Screen & Images
  • Paladon
Changelog
Version StatusUpdate Information
  • Beta release.
  • Update detail no longer available.
  • Fix head facings.
  • Fix terrain.
  • Fix camera angle.
  • Fix typo errors.
Septimus Map Resources

[THREAD="87433"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ?[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100164"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (2)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="106408"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (3)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116973"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (4)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="117009"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (5)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82506"]Are You Intelligent ? (Survivor)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82507"]Are You Intelligent ? (Solo)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82508"]Are You Intelligent ? (Cooperate)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83511"]Are You Intelligent ? (Team)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="85518"]Are You Intelligent ? (Time)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82626"]KFC 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84623"]Sparta - Modern Warfare[/THREAD]
[THREAD="88705"]United States Of 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="89067"]Glory Of the Spartans[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108889"]Harry Pottaa And The Dining In Hell[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84733"]Symmetry Park[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95556"]Stairway[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95423"]Garuda Ruins[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95711"]Heion Forest[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95683"]Flood Point[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83746"]Olympic Torch[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84214"]Omaha Assault[/THREAD]
[THREAD="86253"]Kill Me[/THREAD]
[THREAD="105092"]Invasion Of MasterHaosis[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108660"]Dan War[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118947"]Click To Kill[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122023"]Dodge[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100225"]Just For Laughs[/THREAD]
[THREAD="97315"]The Human Sin - Trailer[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116696"]Brotherhood Of Kenji[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118665"]Memory Forever[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122211"]Hand of Justice[/THREAD]
[THREAD="128667"]The Confrontation[/THREAD]
[THREAD="168596"]Unknown Cinematic[/THREAD]

Contents

Arthas & Illidan : The Confrontation (Map)

Reviews
10:55, 23rd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating. You can find my full review at post #20.

M

10:55, 23rd May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

You can find my full review at post #20.

Level 20
Why you always have to protect every map so I have to download it again and then use save as and find it and move it to wc3 folder and then open wc3. Anyway I'll edit this comment after I've watched it.

EDIT
Meh. Some doodads were floating on the hill and the inside of the Icecrown... it was empty. Only one big doodad. And the end was just like "wtf". And he was first using Illidan skin, then transformed into demon form and after dying he was on Demon Hunter form. (no wing or horns) I see that you tried the cinematic to look "epic", but no, thats not for me.

But of course its a lot better than other Arthas vs. Illidan cinematics. 3/5. Something was missing and/or done wrong.

Level 31
Why you always have to protect every map

Not all my map are protected, read the description in the future. I do not post a description for decoration.

Meh. Some doodads were floating on the hill and the inside of the Icecrown... it was empty. Only one big doodad.

If you are referring to icecrown, take a look at the battle between this 2 heroes and tell me how the environment look like before you said it was empty.

1.jpg

And if you ever paid attention to the cinematic, you would notice there is a few rocks on it.

As for doodads floating, I do not see any of it during the testing progress. Can you provide a screenshot to point out where it was?

And he was first using Illidan skin, then transformed into demon form and after dying he was on Demon Hunter form. (no wing or horns)

I see that you tried the cinematic to look "epic",

The metamorphosis seems to be bugged, I would get it fix.

+rep for being constructive at this point.

Damn. This was pretty bad. Couldn't stand the constant flashing back and lack of good use of sounds. =/

1) All necessary spots has been filled with sound effects, so how the hell do you expect me to add more sounds effect and the sounds effect is as good as it was. So, how do you expect it to be improve?
2) Ever watch cinematic where a flashback memories occur? If you don't like it, it doesn't mean it was bad.
3) I dare you to find a Arthas versus Illdan map which are better than this one.

Review

Camera: (8/10)
Good use of cameras, sometimes it doesn't look good, but that only happens
in few moments.

Music/Sounds: (8/10)
Music was nice.
Only a few sounds, and only when they say anything. (or effects)

Cinematic/Story: (3/5)
Continue of the main story of warcraft 3. Arthas, now lich king, fight against Illidan.
The story wasn't very original, but today, it's hard to do original things.
I really liked the flashbacks. They remember you on the main story of wc3.
They were really well made.

Terrain: (8/10)
Terrain was nice looking, but when you see the Frozen Throne, the terrain
was flat, and there were no doodads/destructables (except frozen throne and the cave.
And the terrain at the fighting scene in the hills (the flashback) was lacking.

Others: (2/5)
The head rotation looks sometimes odd. For example: When Arthas killed
Illidan (or was it the lich? I'm not shure), his head looks into his shoulder
armor. Looked a bit odd, and the lich head rotating was also odd, because
only his upper jaw moved. But that's because the model.

My Rating: 3/5 :bored: (Useful)

Tips:
I enjoyed watching this cinematic, but it lacks a bit in sounds/music.
I think there is nothing else to say.

Level 6
Your new cinematic is ok but not the best-> A great fight betwwen the two after the flashbacks would improve the quality of the cinematic much more...

Bugs:

Picture:
- Fix the spelling errors! Right it sounds so: Arthas & Illidan met again. This confrontation would decide everything.
- End of the cinematic Arthas and the Lich block each other

Last edited:
Level 31
Good use of cameras, sometimes it doesn't look good, but that only happens
in few moments.

If there is a side that ain't really good, you are welcome to post a screenshot of the angle.

Music was nice.
Only a few sounds, and only when they say anything. (or effects)

Already filll in all the necessary spot with sounds, I doubt there is anything else need to be add. :p

Continue of the main story of warcraft 3. Arthas, now lich king, fight against Illidan.
The story wasn't very original, but today, it's hard to do original things.
I really liked the flashbacks. They remember you on the main story of wc3.
They were really well made.

I try to make this cinematic after seeing a lot of arthas vs illdan cinematic which are boring and dull due to constant hack and slash.

Terrain was nice looking, but when you see the Frozen Throne, the terrain
was flat, and there were no doodads/destructables (except frozen throne and the cave.
And the terrain at the fighting scene in the hills (the flashback) was lacking.

The terrain was design to fit the scenario happening back at wc3. The frozen throne scene was at chapter 1 undead campaign while the fighting scene was at the epilogue cinematic.

If you view it, you would notice it has been duplicate as close as possible.

The head rotation looks sometimes odd. For example: When Arthas killed
Illidan (or was it the lich? I'm not shure), his head looks into his shoulder
armor. Looked a bit odd, and the lich head rotating was also odd, because
only his upper jaw moved. But that's because the model.

As far as I know, a head can rotate up to 90 degree.

I enjoyed watching this cinematic, but it lacks a bit in sounds/music.

All necessary sound and sound effect has been add in, I doubt I could add any of it.

+rep for being constructive

I mean the cave of the Icecrown. Inside. There was that cave doodad and the Icecrown Throne doodad. I didnt see anything else.

Then, where did it float?

Seems like you arent as good as you think you are.2/5.
Cant accept negative comments ? Fail in life.

1) If I do not accept negative critism, I would not have accept Super Sheep comment.

2) There is a clear line between constructive and useless comment. As for his comment, it was useless as he dislike it due to his own taste, rather than quality and mistake; it did not even mention what wrongs with it. Just like your post that are useless and pointless with the intention to spark drama at here.

3) If you want to flame, go elsewhere. We do not need a flammer/troll like you at here.

4) You rate it 2/5 without even give any reason, this is more like downrating for purpose such as revenge.

5) Want to teach me what to do and what not to do? Please look at yourself before you do.

Lol, anyway here's a screenshot, well they are not really obvious and floating a little above the ground. Then again, I could just be overeacting.

Oh, the cliff was about 90 degree steep. That is what cause the illusion of it. Do not worry, it doesn't float.

Your new cinematic is ok but not the best-> A great fight betwwen the two after the flashbacks would improve the quality of the cinematic much more...

I do not understand this point, did't they fight after a flashback? They even fight at the flashback.

Bugs:
Picture:
- Fix the spelling errors! Right it sounds so: Arthas & Illidan met again. This confrontation would decide everything.
- End of the cinematic Arthas and the Lich block each other

Thanks, this is a example of constructive critism as well. +rep

Picture: AvI 1:
You see the ground, it would look better if you would change the camera view.

Picture: AvI 2:
Arthas looks in his shoulder plates.

Picture: AvI 3:
the camera is too high. Lower it a bit, so arthas is more in the center of it.
The same with Illidan.

Attachments

• AvI 1.jpg
    AvI 1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,708
  • AvI 2.jpg
    AvI 2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 3,202
  • AvI 3.jpg
    AvI 3.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 3,243
Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on Arthas & Illidan : The Confrontation

Arthas & Illidan : The Confrontation is a cinematic map made by Septimus. The theme of the cinematic is a fight between Arthas and Illidan in Northrend.

The terrain of the cinematic was quite average and lacking in places. The worst part was when the lich king was shown frozen. It was empty and flat all around it. And the terrain could used more height variation in most of the places aswell.

Next the idea, the story, wasn't original. It reminded me a lot on Blizzards final cinematic quite a lot. And you didn't make your own story, you rather took Blizzards.

The special effects, and the fight was better then your previous cinematics. You didn't overuse the special effects, however the part when Illidan was bombarding Arthas with flames was quite bad. Arthas was just shifting around, it looked quite odd.

The music was good, aswell as voice acting, since you used only Blizzards sounds, which is almost always good.

The packaging is good, as in all of your maps. The map is polished and good, however it misses something special in it. Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

DPL

DPL

Level 5
Well after I watched the cinematic I was not like ''Omg soo cool, triggers rock''. I was disappointed to be honest, and in a matter of fact I expected to see something funny...
• Terrain was good, but when they fight its just snow
• As Super-Sheep said terrain when the throne is show its empty
• About the fight: Well if Kel'Thuzad helps Arthas what about Ka'el and Lady Va'j
Well the cinematic is a fruit of hard work so i rate it 4/5

Lol, anyway here's a screenshot, well they are not really obvious and floating a little above the ground. Then again, I could just be overeacting.:razz:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/148887-albums1594-picture12067.jpg

there is absolutley nothing floating there...:hohum:

Anyways, VERY NICE septimus! i quite enjoyed this and it sorta gave me a good look on what a good cinimatic is supposed to look like!
camera at some points though wasn't moving and it somtimes made it confusing. (ya gotta put FEEL in the camera! XP)

but all in all a very very good cinematic.

Level 31
Picture: AvI 1:
You see the ground, it would look better if you would change the camera view.

There is a mistake which Approject has just mention, it would be fix.

Arthas looks in his shoulder plates.

I would set it to 45 degree instead of 90.

As Super-Sheep said terrain when the throne is show its empty

The camera suppose to view upper part, there is a mistake in camera setup.

Maybe if you add only few animals, it would be alot better. (I like animals!)

That's a ridiculous suggestion... :p

Animal hibernate during winter.

As you can view from the hill, there is nothing alive.

Animal does not wonder during the blizzard storm. :p

The terrain of the cinematic was quite average and lacking in places. The worst part was when the lich king was shown frozen. It was empty and flat all around it. And the terrain could used more height variation in most of the places aswell.

The height variation and destructible/doodad at most of the scene was remake based on how the campaign look. You cannot blame approject or raid1000 for that. :p

Camera mistake at frozen throne part, it would be fix.

Next the idea, the story, wasn't original. It reminded me a lot on Blizzards final cinematic quite a lot. And you didn't make your own story, you rather took Blizzards.

I was kinda tired and boring with those usual Arthas vs Illdan which are horribly make where the battle are the usual hack and slash.

This cinematic was to develop to show a sample on how a good battle cinematic was suppose to be.

The special effects, and the fight was better then your previous cinematics. You didn't overuse the special effects, however the part when Illidan was bombarding Arthas with flames was quite bad. Arthas was just shifting around, it looked quite odd.

Running out of idea. Sfx abuse has been avoid ever since Infrane advice it back at BoK cinematic.

The music was good, aswell as voice acting, since you used only Blizzards sounds, which is almost always good.

Of course the selection is good, it would be gay if you choose wrong music. :p

The packaging is good, as in all of your maps. The map is polished and good, however it misses something special in it. Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

Haha... it won't get 4/5 cause it lack of originality since it was based on FT scene :p

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I watched it, but don't expect those huge reviews, because I'm lazy tired.

You tried to make an cinematic like "The Spirit of Vengeance", winner of Blizzard cinematic contest 2005. The idea is the same, an fight between 2 Wc3 characters intercalated by short flashbacks.

But, one thing that SoV had was those insanely cool fighting sequences. The characters flying, spinning, using Kung Fu attacks... And your cinematic doesn't have all of those, it's just jumping, a basic DBZ-like teleport, and Hack-and-Slash.

The terrain is also pretty average. For God's sake, you have raid1000, one of the greatest terrainiers here at your side, and the terrain looks like it was made by some new guy. Some parts are pretty flat, like the Frozen Throne, some were strange, like those small trees...

But there's an good part, the sounds. Well, they're Blizzard voices, made in professional and expensive studios, so I can't complain about it.

The loading screen is also good, fitting in the theme.

But the originality is... Not good, as it's the same lore, the same characters, the same place...

Overall, an decent cinematic, but it needs more action (creativy!) and a better terrain (don't give beer to raid1000 this time :p)

I'll rate it 3, because it needs more polishing. Wait, I wrote a big review!

Level 31
For God's sake, you have raid1000, one of the greatest terrainiers here at your side, and the terrain looks like it was made by some new guy.
Ah, I see most of you camplain about terrian. I am the one who made entire terrain, raid1000 made fog only. So don't think it's raid1000's fault of making bad terrain art. And yes, I am the new guy, not experienced terrainer. I'd like Septimus to send me map again and let me fix some stuff in better way.

Level 31
But, one thing that SoV had was those insanely cool fighting sequences. The characters flying, spinning, using Kung Fu attacks... And your cinematic doesn't have all of those, it's just jumping, a basic DBZ-like teleport, and Hack-and-Slash.

That is because SoV was coded in JASS, this was GUI. What can you expect from GUI, GUI was sucks anyway... :p

The loading screen is also good, fitting in the theme.

Paladon always make awesome screen.

The terrain is also pretty average. For God's sake, you have raid1000, one of the greatest terrainiers here at your side, and the terrain looks like it was made by some new guy. Some parts are pretty flat, like the Frozen Throne, some were strange, like those small trees...

But there's an good part, the sounds. Well, they're Blizzard voices, made in professional and expensive studios, so I can't complain about it.

But the originality is... Not good, as it's the same lore, the same characters, the same place...

Overall, an decent cinematic, but it needs more action (creativy!) and a better terrain (don't give beer to raid1000 this time :p)

I am truly sorry to all fans of Arthas & Illdan. I afraid I screw up by editing the wrong map. raid1000 actually have make a awesome editing at the chamber terrain, I was the one responsible for the faulty view by using the wrong map.

Sorry Approject for you to take the blame. :p

A lesson, never edit map when you are sleepy. :p

Please wait till the release of version 1.02, where the chamber terrain would be fix.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Ah, I see most of you camplain about terrian. I am the one who made entire terrain, raid1000 made fog only. So don't think it's raid1000's fault of making bad terrain art. And yes, I am the new guy, not experienced terrainer. I'd like Septimus to send me map again and let me fix some stuff in better way.

raid1000 only made the fog? Sorry for that, but it really needs more work.

That is because SoV was coded in JASS, this was GUI. What can you expect from GUI, GUI was sucks anyway... :p

Then use JASS :p

Level 6
A good cinematic but like the others said, the cave of the Frozen Throne in the flashback needs work.

I think this still needs some work. Take a look at Spirit Of Vengeance by Anitarf and Infrane and see how they make it realistic and such.

It needs to be longer but it's still great.

Btw where is Illidan's troops?

Level 31
WraithSeeker, actually there is some mistake during the editing progress by me. So, please be patience till raid1000 fix the cave,

Read the post above to know what happen... :p

Edit : I have edit most of the stuff. The frozen throne entrance and cave are suppose to be exact duplicate of the blizzard terrain, since many people don't like it. I have request raid1000 to improve those sector.

Last edited:
Level 3
Just wondering. On the screenshots in your description Arthas has the Lich King's helmet on. What's up with that? If that is in the cinematic it kinda ruins the whole fight, since it's the fight over the Lich King and Arthas dosen't have it on when they fight.

Anyways will download it now and see if I like it. :)

Edit: I really enjoyed the cinematic. Very creative, though... A little more action wouldn't have hurt ;)
Anywho, It was a good cinematic and I will give it a 4½/5 cause of the somewhat little action. :p

Last edited:
Level 3
Well, you're right about my post being off-topic.
To get to the point, I must say I enjoyed watching the cinematic. I liked the trigger-based effects (spells), like jumps and slides, etc.

The terrain didn't really bug me, it seemed fine. The only faulty thing I've seen is the flashbacks: I just can't connect some of them to the present fight. But that's, at least in my eyes, not a big issue.

PS: All of the above are from a laic-observer's perspective.

Level 13
Gonna watch it and then I'll rate it too (maybe even +rep)

Edit: Hmh, nice cinematic!
But the teleport of Arthas was bit lame, he don't really posses that ability.
And there were too many flash(backs), kinda annoying. And where was the battle music?

Anyway, Good sounds, Nice terrain.
Animations were good/average.

I give it a 4/5!, Good Job!

Level 31
With your arrogance and useless comments on others , this is not expected. With a totally unplanned cinematic. Maybe next time you should think of yourself before speaking. I do not like unplanned actions so i'll give it a low rate.

If you refer to me, I would give you 3 reasons.

1) My comments are direct to the points, anybody who got brain would definitely agree about it.
2) I do think before I write, I would never write a long review without it being precise.
3) If you want to give low rating, give it with reason. Unplanned actions are consider a reason to give low rating? That is more like downrating.

Level 19
I've took my time to watch it.
Somehow I'm missing something, I'm not sure what.
The effects where 'too simple' for my opinion, I saw better one yet it doesn't mean that this cinematic was fully bad. Pretty good at certain parts.
Ah well.
My rating follows most of the rest, 3/5.

Level 12
This is a little unpolished, don't you think?

And you're taking the comments way too personally Septimus. Floating doodads is pretty bad.