• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HU Jeep

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
This is not MY model. It's author asked me to upload it on hiveworkshop when met me in battle.net. He has problems with this site and can't log in, that's why i helped him with his model. Original author is FrenchPLD65 (his nick in battle.net).
Here is his description:
"Steam-Punk style human jeep. Little changed textures from steam tank, added glass. Model has game camera. Supposed to be used as a dood or cinematic unit."

>>> My hints: <<<
For NEWBIES: You can make death animation by your self. Use Trigger that will remove dying unit from the game and create special effect on position of dying unit when unit of this type dies. Works perfectly and looks great. I use custom explosion animation, uploaded from this great site.

I made multiple skins for this car those i will place in skins directory. Please, check them.

Paths for this one are:
hu-jeep.blp
hu-jeep.mdx
(Just remove war3mapImported/ part)

Please, don't leave comments like "it doesn't have death animation". FrenchPLD65 decided that this is first of all "dood unit" for cinematic and it doesn't need animation. I think that even a newbie can make it by himself if he needs death animation, because it's very easy... by the way, i am not original author of this. Hovewer i made some skins for it and i want this to be used.

Keywords:
Car , Jeep , Steam , Punk , Human
Contents

HU Jeep (Model)

Reviews
23:19, 21st Mar 2009 shamanyouranus: Useless custom texture, no animations, looks like crap. And its not even yours. Rejected.

M

23:19, 21st Mar 2009
shamanyouranus: Useless custom texture, no animations, looks like crap. And its not even yours. Rejected.

congrats on a scratch-made jeep but it rly has flaws. i'll point them so you can fix that.

1: make texture two-sided in your material
2: try to put the model on an existing steamtank so you can get some animations
3: add a death sound...

suggestion: completly rework it?

Can someone please pm me the trigger to make death animation??

i suck with triggers :(
and dude 8) the model itself should have the death animation in the first place.
you DON'T need death anim done with triggers

the main problem is that this model is not mine. I don't know how to make models, dont have any programms... i gonna send this link to it's author. Maybe he will fix that.... Second, i don't see any problem on triggering death. First of all, triggered death looks much better then standart one if you use custom explosions and custom sounds. That's my opinion only and i have to say that usually some models have so "sucky" animation, that you have to make trigger anyway to remove that model before it shows it's ulgy animation and make you own custom effects and sounds.

Can someone please pm me the trigger to make death animation??

i suck with triggers :(

------ What happenz:
Unit dies
------ Conditions:
Unit type of dying unit is <you pick unit type>
------ Actions:
Unit - Remove dying unit from the game
Create special effect on Position of Dying unit
Destroy last created special effect

Level 26
1. this model really needs animations to be aproved because who would use this just as a doodad??
2. the need of a custom texture is just retarded, also because you just CNPed different parts of the steam tank model..........
3. make your material 2-sided
4. try to search for a better texture for the wheels or at least improve the wrap