• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2 - Act 1

Finally my diablo 2 map has been completed! This is Act 1 from the ever so popular DIABLO 2 - LORD OF DESTRUCTION game. This will be part 1 of 5 of a save load multiplayer epic, part 2 will begin to be made when this has been criticized and any bugs have been resolved.

The map experiences minor delay and the occasional stutter, but it is more or less playable beyond this, even with 6 players. It can be saved in single player, but the cheats will kick you from the game if used.

Saving is only possible once the act boss has been defeated, and if you are level 10 or higher (no hell rushing to baal now :p). More information can be found here, at the thread for the map;

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/diablo-2-act-1-orpg-save-load-per-act-114733-post985181/

Enjoy, comment, rate and go kick some demon butt!

Model credits in the maps quest log

New version changelogs

Version 1.01
Lag reduced in multiplayer
Lag eliminated in single player
Stuttering eliminated
Leaks removed
Backpack speed increased
Summoned units move better

Version 1.02
More leaks

Version 1.03
Blood golem is now a hidden unit when not summoned
Rogue encampment redone
Vitality icon changed
Anti pk trigger added
When unlocked, camera pans to warps
Charsi distributes low weapons

Version 1.04
Tooltips updated for some abilities (martial arts etc)
Camera pans fixed so camera wont unlock if already locked
Rogue encampment visible
Selectors no longer speak like children
Catacomb revamp
Less fallen swarms early game
Minor leak fixes
Minor fixes I can't remember as of this moment

Version 1.05
Reachable shortcuts for all abilities
Reachable shortcuts for backpack
Backpack now a unit
'Potions belt' added, heal without having to hold potions
Many new custom icons for spells, items
XP rate bug fixed
Some pathing issues resolved
More leaks removed
Summoned units gain armor
Any many smaller details

Version 1.06
Experience formula fixed
Less welcoming messages
Hotkeys told of better
Akara instantly heals

Version 1.07 (FINAL VERSION)
Minor fixes
Leaks
Town portal usage

Keywords:
Diablo, 2, Lord, Of, destruction, gavdaman88, act, 1, rogue encampment, cloister, andariel, sorceress, barbarian, druid, assasin, necromancer, paladin
Contents

Diablo 2 - Act 1 (Map)

Reviews
23:43, 24th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: This map has six mini moderator votes, two of them being the members of the Mini Jury. I have played this map for a brief period of time and what I have noticed is great terrain. For now Approved status. You...

M

23:43, 24th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
This map has six mini moderator votes, two of them being the members of the Mini Jury. I have played this map for a brief period of time and what I have noticed is great terrain. For now Approved status. You won't get a rating since I didn't manage to test it fully, be sure that when I do I will post a complete review and a rating.

You can find two reviews from the members of the Map Mini Jury here:
Review 1: Nearby Hermit
Review 2: Eccho

Level 17
As promished, here's my review;

The summoning system was very good, +1 point.

Stackable charged items, scroll of Town portal and scroll of Indentify work almost exactly like Diablo II,+1 point.

Graphics were good, although some could have been better (the caves for example), +0,5 point.

The inventory was good though out, backpack for scrolls and items you''re going to sells and inventory for gear and potions, +1.

Abilities system is good but it would have been more fun if you can level up your skills also. This is hard but it is possible through dialog buttons, see this tutorial if you want to give it a try; How to: Make Spellbooks. Another possibility what you could do it make an unit ability which summons dummy units which suits all levelable ability the hero has, and than you can click of the units to increase the abilities level. I give you +0,5 for it as it is now.

Total; 4 from the 5 points. Conclusion good map which has some great things and has more potential than it's currently shows.

Level 9
Yes it does lag a bit on some computers, not sure if this is due to leaks or the timer in the game (there is only one timer acting every 3 seconds of game time but a lot happens in it). Currently trying to fix this and issue an update.

EDIT

Version 1.01 released as an update. Lag and delay issues resolved

Last edited:
Level 9
Well because I want each act to be completed in one sitting. This isn't your typical save/load system. You save at the end of act 1, and the code you get can't start you off again at act 1, nor can it take you to act3. It will be used to go to act2, then that code to act 3 and so on.

You cannot begin a new character in act 2 and onward either.

Level 5
No prob, man.
Also, you cannot enter the spellbook if you don't have enough mana. I mean, if you put Amazon's Magic Arrows on auto-cast and you run out of mana, you must wait until you have enough just to enter the spellbook and turn it off.

Another thing, Charsi doesn't sell any items :( I was running with Amazon aiming to make her a Bow Ama and I ended up attacking melee all the time :/

Other than that, it is very gothic and Diablo-ish. Dagguh approves :)

--------------- quick edit:
Oh and you have to put the link to the map in the first post!

Level 7
I tried the map and first i was very exiting, but later in game i was disapointed, so here is some suggestions i think is good for you to improve the map:

1. You forgot to turn off "Masked Area are particulary visible as i suggested in another thread :grin: well its not needed but still i think it would be better with.

2. The Archer:
A. Omg stop making her run all the time its very hard to give her an item
B. Make her into a Hero so she is revive able it really suck when she die and you lose all the item you gave her.

3. I played this map one time as a Babarian and in the first bag i had alot of hp items, when i switched to second bag (and i almost had full health) for healing pot and switched bag i lost some life/had lees life than before beacuse i got like 300 life more in the first bag please fix this. Maybe it isnt very clear what im trying to say if so sorry.

4. I have played Diablo 2 before so when i saw the book with the four quest i ran to it, but no text appeared, i got the quest, but no text was showing. So make some text appear so new player actually knows they get a quest

Still it was fun but not as fun as i expected so i hope you fix this in the next ver and i would be very happy :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 1
A friend and I got to the part where you're suppose to enter the Barracks from the Outer Cloister, but it wouldn't let us. It just teleported us back a step every time we tried. Is it a bug with the location it is trying to take us to or is there something we had to to let us get in?

Level 9
1. You forgot to turn off "Masked Area are particulary visible as i suggested in another thread well its not needed but still i think it would be better with

I'll give it a test with this option on....

The Archer:
A. Omg stop making her run all the time its very hard to give her an item
B. Make her into a Hero so she is revive able it really suck when she die and you lose all the item you gave her

A. It's either this or she follows you a at a slow and useless rate. She can be caught :p
B. Fixed as of v 1.03 (upcoming), I think

3. I played this map one time as a Babarian and in the first bag i had alot of hp items, when i switched to second bag (and i almost had full health) for healing pot and switched bag i lost some life/had lees life than before beacuse i got like 300 life more in the first bag please fix this. Maybe it isnt very clear what im trying to say if so sorry.

I do not recommend switching the bag in battle or to get to potions. I have the bag for three uses only. Tomes (they arent used in the heat of battle), storing unidentified items, storing items to be sold. Potions should be held on you and accessible, while the other 4/5 slots are for gear. If you didnt have this happen you could use a mana potion with less mana, then switch back and seeming mana converts by percentage of the total could have full mana 4 times faster than if you had more mana capacity out at the time.

I have played Diablo 2 before so when i saw the book with the four quest i ran to it, but no text appeared, i got the quest, but no text was showing. So make some text appear so new player actually knows they get a quest

What?.... It says this:
Moldy Tome: And so it came to pass that the Countess, who once bathed in the rejuvenating blood of a hundred virgins, was burned alive...
As soon as a player walks up to it

Thankyou for your feedback, version 1.03 will have some fixes to peoples problems, v 1.02 was the huge fix though multiplayer lagging is so much less common now, v 1.01 and 1.00 are now inferior compared to the old ones.

V 1.03 is being undertaken right now.

EDIT

Map updated to 1.03, minimap now works on the hive thanks to a new map protector. Map is also 500 kb smaller.

Last edited:
Level 7
What?.... It says this:
Moldy Tome: And so it came to pass that the Countess, who once bathed in the rejuvenating blood of a hundred virgins, was burned alive...
As soon as a player walks up to it
well it didnt do that when i played :(

And when i used a portal and i got into the portal (back to the town) and got into the portal again (back to whereever i casted i) i think it should disappear

Level 24
I'm playing this new version right now!

For the first time,in an year!

EDIT:
=========================

Well,I'm finally happy to see the map finished!

My first impresion is :awesome!

But,let's give it a proper review!

[+]First of all,it's Diablo,the theme is well copied and simulated in the map!
[+]Terrain,was remarcable in some parts,The Cloisters are masterpieces but the Catacombs and Dungeons are horrible,not even spooky as the others,but actually stupid,makes you doubt the advancement in horror and makes you think that the game lightens up!
[+]It's multiplayer and singleplayer playable!
[+]A variety of items,just like in the game!
[+]Awesome spell and inventory system,well implemented!
[+]Great characters,copied in detail.
[+]Can't believe you used my camera advice,to an 75 angle! It looks awesome
[+]Proper credits are given!:cool:
[/]Some tooltips were wrong! Some mention agility,the Tiger Strike spell ,for example,says ''will deal after casting will deal 1 times your agility'':hohum:
[/]The beginning is atrocious,really,you just see a peasant,not actually knowing where to start,but you can see the white,indicating your units and you go to it,then you click the ''Question Mark'' and it says - ''What's your name?''
[/]Lots of mixed things,Gothic Plate drops from Fallen's?
-Skull Shield is better than Tower Shield
-Potion that don't appear in your inventory when you pick them up
-Portal spawns in front of Rogue Encampment,not inside!
[-]This part is well deserved,Necromancer sort of glitch,I don't die,but I'm spawned in the Rogue Encampment with halved gold :thumbs_down:
[-]And the item wipe-out,there are massed items,so you can't take them all,and in 30 seconds they all disappear! I lost an Unique,Bartuc's Regret,from that wipe-out!
[-]It's a Fallen Spam out there,the game is virtually impossible in singleplayer!

Pros!
thumbsup.gif
The map is well made,and it almost perfectly simulates the Diablo Act I
Nonetheless it is the best Diablo map that I've played in history
So it deserves the 5/5 without even a remorse!

Cons!
thumbsdn.gif
The Cons that I've remarked and specified above are the ones that make this map so nerve breaking that you want to take the keyboard and smash your head into it,but then again,they could be easily modified:cute:

Last edited:
Level 9
Thankyou for your review nearbyhermit it was very useful! Some things I will be able to fix, some maybe not. One thing I will fix is reterraining the catacombs (dont know how to really make the dungeons better they're just like diablo 2s, lots of walls and bars). Tooltips to be fixed will be done so, Camera moving at initialization done now (v1.04).

3 cons I can debate to a degree I guess...

That item shouldn't have dissapeared if you were near it, but I'll increase the range a hero can be to an item to stop it being wiped. You must have an old version as fallens can't drop shields I think, it must have been a shaman, potions only go into invetory if you have 1 empty slot, Portals are tidier outside the entrance to the encampment (it's crowded as it is I think).

As for that necromancer bug I'll pm you to figure what happened first.

Thanks again :grin:

Level 7
Well i justa downloaded 1.3 and it was way better than the old :grin:
seems to me like you have reduced lag greatly :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

still the archer is running around like a crazy, cant you just make her follow the hero?

and when i got to the barracks and tried to enter i just go "teleported" back to outher closter. Please help me :cry:

Level 1
and when i got to the barracks and tried to enter i just go "teleported" back to outher closter. Please help me :cry:

My friend and I had this too. We couldn't get into the barracks no matter what we tried. I posted earlier, but didn't get a response :p Hopefully he is looking into this because it would be nice playing farther!

Level 9
The barracks bug is fixed and will be gone in the next version, thanks for finding it guys, and my apologies for having a bug so late in the game :con:

I have now made a potion belt so you dont need to open your backpack to get to potions, it works so well you'll see!

And yes loading only in act two, which I havent began yet due to the fact it will borrow the engine for this map I am still editing.

Level 7
so i cant really do anything now on my character i have to start a new one in the next version? no problem :grin:

And a potion belt that sounds so cool :thumbs_up:

keep up the good work!

Level 23
Alrighty, I played this today, and found it very interesting. Ill give you my reactions here:

[+] Pro's

*Lovely terrain
*Nice import of materials
*Good use of camera rotation
*Catches the diablo 2 team very well
*Cool ability coding. I really like the AI system (I sense locust movement over it, but nvm)
*Map is stable and works both single player and multiplayer
*Item stacking, item variation and items in general was very well made

[0] Neutral

*The regions in which you enter tristram portal, and Underground passage, was sending your unit back to outside a few times, if you didnt move right after entering.
*Message showing up from time to time spamming 1-5 times "Skill points: 0" (or something similar)
*Could need some more balance, for instance, the skeletons summoned by the Necromancer is way too weak.
*I can't blaim you for it, but the only thing the terrain lacks is the usage of Blizzards cliffs. They really makes it look uglier than it should be.
[-] Con's

*If you try to buy an item of, let say 'weapon', and you already have a weapon on yourself, the weapon will spawn at the ground and cost you money. A suggestion here is to check if the unit has the specific type before he tries to buy it, and give gold back if he has, and not spawn any item.
*The map is waaay too hard, when you are many. We were playing for of us, and was even in Black Marsh, gaining ~1 exp/5th monster kill. And all of us was still level 1. It ended that we had to abort it, because nothing happend, or everything happend too slow.
[ ] Summary

The map was really worthy playing, and looked cool and fit the theme perfectly. But due to the slow experience gained it became too boring to play. Right now you get 7/10 from me, which would be rounded to 3/5. The experience was a pain, so your map does deserve alot more actually. But thats my rating at the moment.

~Eccho~

Level 7
So you say that i cant load a characther from act 1 to 1 again? then what happens when i have finshed the game? will you then make new difficults?
anyway im really looking forward for the next release :thumbs_up:
your map is so cool

And i was wondering if anybody in this forum is able to create over bnet?
it could be cool if we could meet in the same game and play together :grin: :grin:

Level 7
wooohooo new version :grin:
and you made the potion belt :thumbs_up:
im gonna dl and play it now xD
hope you fixed the barrack bug :cute:

and for the akara heal thing if you make her heal instant she should also restore mana.

and is someone able to create this over battlenet i really wanna try it with more peoples :D

Level 23
Thanks for the review before! That xp issue is strange I'll look into it... it shouldnt be 1 xp per kill are you sure that happened?

As for making it one map, no, unless you want to play a map for 7 hours straight!!!

Heh, it wasnt even 1 xp per kill, more like 0.2 per kill.

It may have happend since it appeared that the more players, the less experience you get in the beginning (which would be in the other way, the more players, the stronger monsters, the higher exp). When a player left, monsters grew weaker I think, but somewhat the exp grew weaker as well. So, weaker + weaker would be even weaker:p

Level 9
Sorry didnt have the patience to alter 421 tooltips! (Yes there are over 500 abilities in this map, crazy stuff). They are DFG for spell trees and WERT for spells in all trees.

Any feedback on the new potions and backpack system are more than welcome.

Level 1
A couple of my initial observations were:

1. For some reason when I was the Assassin and my friend was the Barbarian the monsters would seem to all go for me and never attack him.

2. I believe the Assassin was a strength based hero, but the Assassin only weapon gave +3 dex.

3. The first fire bomb that the Assassin gets in the trap tree seems like it has kind of a small radius. It did in Diablo 2 though so it's at least like the real game in that aspect!

I'll try to get some more feedback for you later on. My friend's computer crashed so we didn't get to play the new update long. :(

Level 17

1. For some reason when I was the Assassin and my friend was the Barbarian the monsters would seem to all go for me and never attack him.

2. I believe the Assassin was a strength based hero, but the Assassin only weapon gave +3 dex.

3. The first fire bomb that the Assassin gets in the trap tree seems like it has kind of a small radius. It did in Diablo 2 though so it's at least like the real game in that aspect!

I'll try to get some more feedback for you later on. My friend's computer crashed so we didn't get to play the new update long. :(
, 1. He could lower the assasin priority for enemies, maybe that will do the trick.

Level 9

1. All heroes have the same priority, you must have been the closest hero each time. Don't know if your friend realised but the barbarian can learn taunt which attracts all nearby enemies to him.

2. All heroes are strength based, 1 str = 1 dmg it isnt the wc3 damage system anymore. Damage was all about weapons and strength never dexterity. Dexterity is attack speed and armor in this map, 2 things an assasin needs.

3. Well you summed it up... I could make it a bit larger I guess

Contemplating beginning act 2

Level 1
1. All heroes have the same priority, you must have been the closest hero each time. Don't know if your friend realised but the barbarian can learn taunt which attracts all nearby enemies to him.

2. All heroes are strength based, 1 str = 1 dmg it isnt the wc3 damage system anymore. Damage was all about weapons and strength never dexterity. Dexterity is attack speed and armor in this map, 2 things an assasin needs.

3. Well you summed it up... I could make it a bit larger I guess

Contemplating beginning act 2

I'd say it looks about time to start the next one. There isn't a whole lot left that needs any improvement or fixing. Only minor tweaks here and there.

Level 17
I'd say it looks about time to start the next one. There isn't a whole lot left that needs any improvement or fixing. Only minor tweaks here and there.
, do notice that most bugs will show in his new map also if he not fix them, cause most bugs are about trigger/unit data so sooner or later he should fix them, if he does it now, than he wouldn't have to do it in act 2 and act1 will be more bug free.

Level 1
can u add Save code text time??? it is too short =(

i was play it for 3 hours when save doen't pick code on peper NO!!!!! =(

Level 7
it has been some time since i last wrote in this thread, but i remember somethings when playing version 1.6, i dont know if those things have been changed but here is some suggestions:
The town portal scroll should be triggered, because i could'nt cast it from my backpack and i had to switch it with one of my eqquipment so i guess it should be a trigger that creates the portal at position of hero when used.
And second the amazon where able to use bow and shield at the same time.
anyway keep up the good work with this great map i know you are working very hard for it :thumbs_up:

Level 9
Currently requesting a better town portal model to be made by someone. The town portal usage is now as you suggested white lion it can be cast when you are in the backpack now (and the town portal creation was triggered in the first place lol). As for bows and shields, there are six item slots so I made the bow weaker and allowed a shield to be held. Otherwise she only holds 5 key items and wastes a whole slot.

I could probably add a save code, but I want people to go through the entire act :p evil isn't it? The game is a one direction map, not an open ended rpg. It is open due to it's continuancy and the experience of meeting other heroes from previous games, but it isn't open in the sense you desire. And I can let people save more than once I guess, but definitely not until andariel dies.

EDIT: Making act 2 now, gimme a few weeks!

Last edited: