• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epidemic v.1.50

Map Creator: 43Berries
Staff: 43Berries (Terrainer, modeler, sound editor, GUI, and overall systems)
Darkenneko003 (Skinner, adviser and tester)

ROTD 1&2:
Zero Hour v.1.8.5 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Reign of the Dead v.3.0.0 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Type: ORPG/Survial

Plot: The year is around 2030 and humanity has been pushed to the brink of oblivion. The virus that originated in New York had spread globally in matter of weeks. In couple months, all N.A.T.O. forces had fail military operations to contain the infected. In less than a year, the free world had fell victim to this virus. An American operation in Colorado Springs converted NORAD into a larger underground housing facility. After eight years, a scientist by the name of Jacob Mathews went out into the wasteland of America. His purpose was to research the mutation of the virus and find a viable antidote. You are a group of elite soldiers sent out to seek the where abouts of Jacob Mathews and his research.

Summary features:
- Food system
- Day and night cycle
- Ammo system
- Jamming
- Sleeping
- Hydration
- Sanity (In progress)
- Smart AI Zombies
- Save and load
- Interactive environmental factors
- Destructible environment
- Wound system.
- Rank System.

CREDITS:
Major Sources
Blizzard Entertainment
Resident Evil
I am Legend
Counter Strike
File Front
Wc3campaigns.net
Hiveworkshop.com
Epicwar.com

Private Sources
Fluff
Redscores
Punisher_x
xXm0rpH3usXx
Kofi_Banan
Illidan(Evil)X
Pyramidhe@d
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Maximash
SuPa-
Tomura
Talon the Mage
Darkenneko003
~Void~
Callahan
Huinipachutli
GAR
Wulfclaw

Screenshots:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r13/Philipmui/C1.jpg[/IMG]
C2.jpg

C3.jpg

Ra1.jpg

Ra2.jpg
]

Keywords:
zombie,survival,epidemic
Contents

Epidemic v.1.50 (Map)

Reviews
10:27, 28th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: A interesting Zombie Shooter map, with not so great terrain but it will do the cause. It has some good scripting and ideas, thus Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating. You can find my full review Here.

M

10:27, 28th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
A interesting Zombie Shooter map, with not so great terrain but it will do the cause. It has some good scripting and ideas, thus Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

You can find my full review Here.

Level 3
I don't understand could some explained how they survived in this map? I tried four times and within seconds of the game starting everyone is dead. Please inform of something I am missing so i could play this great map?

Level 8
Oh yes you can, stop being such a sour puss Phil,
and its EASY To survive this game, I've played all Phil's maps, and found them always fun,
Challenging the first two times, but fun, It took a few tries, but me and my Little brother, two of the best players of ANY Of Phil's map, have survived, we are on Night 3, Currently barricaded in a small building, holding out, but running low on Ammunition and food.

The game itself is fun, and after learning it a bit, you finally figure out what to do and survive.
Me and my little brother have saved that game and I'll report back what night we die on, remember now theres only two of us. xD

Level 7
Good Map i like the terrain but your objective isnt very clear and the learning curve is quite sharp. Another problem is the file size is really big and makes it hard for people to want to join on BNet and sit through the DL. In my opinion you have some very nice skins for all your units... but you have tinted them all really dark. Which looks fine in some of the Portraits but not when they are rampaging around the main world. Good ideas though would be to add either Multiple challange modes Easy/Normal/Hard or just put alot more explaining in the Quest menu some of the gameplay mechanics. Overall good map, Realistic Terrain. Good gameplay once you hash it out a couple of times to learn how it works. 4/5 for now keeps up the good work.

Level 10
This would be considered easy if there was a difficulty meter. I don't think anyone could survive anything higher than this difficulty. By the way, every night, the zombies become stronger.

I played version 1.00 :)))...

big size of map and hard gameplay with using tips(they not really help)... that why -1

Mozzletoff, while I posted 1.10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Good Map, but as your previous maps are. It's very hard for newcomers to learn when their being pressure so much with a huge packs of zombies coming all at once all the time, they don't even have time to figure out how to use certain Actions because we're always busy trying to survive. You should have the beginning start slower and later on progress to a more chaotic wave change. It is just as Lil Scubby says, waiting for such a long time from Downloads/Loading Screen, and then lose in matters of seconds, people will get frustrated easily.
I love all those ordnance ammunition effects and how well it can be used.
Shotgun should be loaded manually with one click, not every click, that makes it troublesome during combat.
The attack range of a Hero is pretty large, but the sight range is so small. I believe heroes sight range should be increased.
Is there any sort of mission or do you just survive day and night? Is there any clue on how to find the Scientist?
Ordnance and Ammunition Cache should be enlarge more, so people would take notice of it that they shouldn't attack or shoot it. I personally believe that those boxes should be invulnerable.
The chance of getting Infected should be lowered, it's very annoying that nearly each hit you will get an Infection. Is there any usable items that can cure these infections?
Flashlight is broken, you can turn it on but can't turn it off.

Last edited:
Level 8
XenoSword]cn[;977002 said:
Good Map, but as your previous maps are. It's very hard for newcomers to learn when their being pressure so much with a huge packs of zombies coming all at once all the time, they don't even have time to figure out how to use certain Actions because we're always busy trying to survive. You should have the beginning start slower and later on progress to a more chaotic wave change. It is just as Lil Scubby says, waiting for such a long time from Downloads/Loading Screen, and then lose in matters of seconds, people will get frustrated easily.
I love all those ordnance ammunition effects and how well it can be used.
Shotgun should be loaded manually with one click, not every click, that makes it troublesome during combat.
The attack range of a Hero is pretty large, but the sight range is so small. I believe heroes sight range should be increased.
Is there any sort of mission or do you just survive day and night? Is there any clue on how to find the Scientist?
Ordnance and Ammunition Cache should be enlarge more, so people would take notice of it that they shouldn't attack or shoot it. I personally believe that those boxes should be invulnerable.
The chance of getting Infected should be lowered, it's very annoying that nearly each hit you will get an Infection. Is there any usable items that can cure these infections?
Flashlight is broken, you can turn it on but can't turn it off.

1. Hes adding a difficulty selection, and I've even personally said it should start in the day.

2. Yes, the shotgun should be loaded one bullet at a time with one click not multiple.

3. The attack ranges and sights are fine. Like in real life, guns often fire farther than our sight. If you find this useless, there should be a little item called a "Flare Gun" Use it.

4. As of now, Day is spent to collect items, barricades and survive. Missions will come later in updates.

5. I Also believe they should either be enlarged, or made invincible, people are just stupid sometimes.

6. You do not receive infections through getting hit, you get them by being near a zombie, you can receive wounds and facial damage when hit, but infections are spread via Air. Also, you must not read much, if you ever go through the medicine, PLENTY of them have a chance to remove different disease. I recommend the Inhibitors to deal with Influenza, and Epinephrine to deal with the other two. The rest are nice, but often have low chances.

7. The light is a useless action, in a previous map, that included a darkness model it was used, but many people complained about the darkness it was removed, but the flashlight for some reason or another has stayed. It will be removed though.

Hopefully this answers some questions. =]

Level 10
1. Hes adding a difficulty selection, and I've even personally said it should start in the day.

2. Yes, the shotgun should be loaded one bullet at a time with one click not multiple.

3. The attack ranges and sights are fine. Like in real life, guns often fire farther than our sight. If you find this useless, there should be a little item called a "Flare Gun" Use it.

4. As of now, Day is spent to collect items, barricades and survive. Missions will come later in updates.

5. I Also believe they should either be enlarged, or made invincible, people are just stupid sometimes.

6. You do not receive infections through getting hit, you get them by being near a zombie, you can receive wounds and facial damage when hit, but infections are spread via Air. Also, you must not read much, if you ever go through the medicine, PLENTY of them have a chance to remove different disease. I recommend the Inhibitors to deal with Influenza, and Epinephrine to deal with the other two. The rest are nice, but often have low chances.

7. The light is a useless action, in a previous map, that included a darkness model it was used, but many people complained about the darkness it was removed, but the flashlight for some reason or another has stayed. It will be removed though.

Hopefully this answers some questions. =]

Amen to that, I'm just a little pissed that my map went from a 4.75 to a god forsaken 4.

Level 8
Amen to that, I'm just a little pissed that my map went from a 4.75 to a god forsaken 4.

Yea,
I had just voted, =P
I've never voted for any of your maps but I might as well for this one.
I Raised it a little bit, =P

Most of the Wc3 community just find it too hard,
You have to bend to there wills because they all want a game they can breeze through
because none of them like a decent challenge.

Level 4
Don't feel so bad about the rating system, it's not a big deal. As for the game wanting to be easier, is because the the beginning is just frustrating. But after the first wave, its pretty easy and not much action is happening, maybe the Day and Night cycle should be alot faster.
I have check the 1.3 Coming version before and have saw the Difficulty options so I am glad that's going to be implanted.
In version 1.20;
I have found the Medicine Supplies in those breakable supply crates, but there's no need to insult me because I do read and try to check every items.
If you don't like the suggestion of having an increase sight range, what about making Ground Flares or Illuminated Ground Lights.
Canned Soups suppose to restore 20 Hunger points, but only restores 10.
And why is everyone keeps getting 0 exp? I have been level 2 the entire game.
When two people packs the same Barricade, it glitch and become two usable barricading items.

Edit: I see you just release 1.30 while I was trying out 1.20 lol, in 1.30 version there is a huge SPAM saying we have been Promoted to the Rank of [Private PV1].

Level 8
XenoSword]cn[;977615 said:
Don't feel so bad about the rating system, it's not a big deal. As for the game wanting to be easier, is because the the beginning is just frustrating. But after the first wave, its pretty easy and not much action is happening, maybe the Day and Night cycle should be alot faster.
I have check the 1.3 Coming version before and have saw the Difficulty options so I am glad that's going to be implanted.
In version 1.20;
I have found the Medicine Supplies in those breakable supply crates, but there's no need to insult me because I do read and try to check every items.
If you don't like the suggestion of having an increase sight range, what about making Ground Flares or Illuminated Ground Lights.
EDIT
Also, theirs Night Vision goggles that increase sight too, get some of those.
Canned Soups suppose to restore 20 Hunger points, but only restores 10.
And why is everyone keeps getting 0 exp? I have been level 2 the entire game.
When two people packs the same Barricade, it glitch and become two usable barricading items.

Edit: I see you just release 1.30 while I was trying out 1.20 lol, in 1.30 version there is a huge SPAM saying we have been Promoted to the Rank of [Private PV1].

Didn't mean to be insulting,
Just I find the medicine so frustrating, because there so many god dang types.
Trust me you will hate the new Difficulties, the hardest one, (Theres only 3) The Zombies ALL have 3.1k HP.
I Already said theirs flares, whats wrong with them? Though new types would be welcomed.
Canned soup is bugged, I've told him many times he doesn't listen good.
Don't pay much attention to those +0xp.

The new 1.35 that I'm playing is pretty good so far.
Hopefully he uploads it soon.

Level 18
Here is my rating and comment:

1 - 10 points go on originality
1 - 10 points go on object editor work
1 - 10 points go on scripting
1 - 10 points go on terrain
1 - 10 points go on bug free
1 - 10 points go on gameplay*/fun factor
1 - 10 points go on lag
1 - 10 points go on proper submission and crediting
-------------------------------------------------
->That equals 80 points max.
+ Cinematic
1 - 10 points on camera work
1 - 10 points on dialog
1 - 10 points on music and or voice acting
- Cinematic
Object editor work
* Not in cinematic
That equals 100 points max.
To get a Hive grade over 1/5 at least 50% of the 80 (Triggered map) or of the 100 (Cinematic map) points is needed. That means at least 40 or 50 points. However if a map gets rated over 1/5 by me, that doesn't mean that I will imidietly vote it to be approved.

Originality: 5 points
Zombie Shooter map with a story rather then the Umbrella corporation is fine by me. However the sole idea of a zombie map is yet not so original.

Object editor work: 8 points
I cannot complain much, and it was done good.

Scripting: 9 points
Very nicely done. The menu, floating texts, everything was neatly done.

Terrain: 4 points
There were good parts of the terrain, I liked the building in the beginning and the smashed houses, but the rest was too dull. Improve this if possible.

Bug Free: 9 points
It was bug free.

Gameplay/Fun Factor: 4 points
Adding the game modes and the rank system contributes to the fun factor that is good. Adding hunger, thirst, sleep dunno if its good. However the gameplay tends to get really bad to newbies, as they don't know what to do as you didn't give much info and it jumps right in. They can ready the FAQ in the menu but a message in the beginning would suit better. Also the game modes should be explained, as how can you know what are you playing?

Lag: 3 points
Long, long loading time and some ingame lag.

Proper submission and crediting: 8 points
You should use for old updates text and [image][/image] for images please. Do this as soon as possible.

In overall: 50 / 80
In overall it is a fine map with very nice scripting. What it lacks is terrain in some cases and info at the beginning. It is not beginner friendly as Rui would say it. The game modes is a nice touch however I imply you explain them. What can you do to make your map better?

- Terrain improvements
- Fix submission issues (Hide irrelevant text and image tags)
- Make it newbie acceptable
- Loading and lag issue

For the hive grade: 2/5 I suggest this map for: Approval

You put a lot of effort in your map, and you made it good. I was thinking between a 2 and a 3 and I went for a two. The lag and the huge filesize are really minuses, along with the loading speed and not so good terrain in parts.

Good Luck, bounty hunter2
I might not be checking this topic for some time. If you have any questions about the review or you update the map and want me to check it again, feel free to PM me or Visitor message me at any time.

Last edited:
Level 10
- Terrain improvements
- Fix submission issues (Hide irrelevant text and image tags)
- Make it newbie acceptable
- Loading and lag issue
[/color][/size]

Although I agree with you on the terrain improvements, submissions have no issues and newbie acceptable has nothing to equivalence to actual quality as I the maker structure the map around the idea of Stalker Clear Sky. You are thrown in the middle of the conflict without any guides or tips. The survival system a strive factor for the players and a relate factor. Live or die. ALL my script is GUI, I like to make it less lag, but I do not know how to do Jass or Vjass.

Edit, I take that back with the submission error. I just don't know how to do all that fancy shit in laments terms eh.

Level 8
I Would love Bounty Hunter,
to show Some kind of Zombie Survival map, or in fact, any map with a wasteland feel thats playable, and Looks as good as it does.

The lag is also on your end,
I play perfectly without lag, Low end computers tend to do that.

The game is fun,
Just because its challenging doesn't mean its fun. Just because every noob wants a game they can breeze through without dying a bunch of times is Dumb. If you want the game to be dumbed down so much a child could beat it, Your out of your mind, most normal games don't ever do that, And easy mode doesn't count.

You Fail, you try again,
But in the case of most wc3 players, You Fail, its a bad map, The gameplay is fine, It has a steep learning curve, But its really not that Difficult? Add your Ice Troll Skills + UA2 Skills and you get this, well you would get less than this.

Originality I'll agree with you on,
There are tons of Zombie shooters, But most still do lack a stable story at all, and just throw you into a mass of zombies. Not only will Epidemic fold into other maps with a ongoing story, missions shall be made into the game as of now the game is unbeatable, with the missions everything will be revealed.

Bug Section,
What you did was just retarded, I'll put it quotations basically what you did.
"Yea, this guy had no bugs! But there was lag, but instead of just taking points from the lag section I'll also take some from the Bug Section! D'oh!"

None of this is out of spite or being mean.
But nothing I said wasn't true.

Level 18
Although I agree with you on the terrain improvements, submissions have no issues and newbie acceptable has nothing to equivalence to actual quality as I the maker structure the map around the idea of Stalker Clear Sky. You are thrown in the middle of the conflict without any guides or tips. The survival system a strive factor for the players and a relate factor. Live or die. ALL my script is GUI, I like to make it less lag, but I do not know how to do Jass or Vjass.

Edit, I take that back with the submission error. I just don't know how to do all that fancy shit in laments terms eh.

Take a look how a submission was done properly:
Diablo III Beta v1.05 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

As I said: [image] [/image] Use tinypic to upload pictures
And
hidden I am
for old updates. You don't have to remove em.

Well I think the map has to have any thing to say for a potential newbie before playing. It doesn't affect quality but it is a issue I think.

to show Some kind of Zombie Survival map, or in fact, any map with a wasteland feel thats playable, and Looks as good as it does.

So if his map has the best terrain of zombie maps that makes is the best terrain possible? I don't think so, there is still space for improvement.

Lag is on my end, but I have a slow computer, like a lot of other users. You must adapt to all groups, not only the ones with good computers. Loading time can be nerfed. Take dota for instance, how the lag and loading time was shrunked to minimum.

The game is fun,
Just because its challenging doesn't mean its fun. Just because every noob wants a game they can breeze through without dying a bunch of times is Dumb. If you want the game to be dumbed down so much a child could beat it, Your out of your mind, most normal games don't ever do that, And easy mode doesn't count.

I stated: Fun Factor is good, gameplay gets bad for newbies. That is the bad part, but I stated fun factor is good.

You Fail, you try again,
But in the case of most wc3 players, You Fail, its a bad map, The gameplay is fine, It has a steep learning curve, But its really not that Difficult? Add your Ice Troll Skills + UA2 Skills and you get this, well you would get less than this.

Who do you think will play this map online? Pros? No newbs, people who don't know what to do so they come into random maps, and they know no rules or nothing, so something is required.

Bug Section,
"Yea, this guy had no bugs! But there was lag, but instead of just taking points from the lag section I'll also take some from the Bug Section! D'oh!"

I took him two points off for the lag in bug free, as lag can cause the game to crash for some users, therefor it is a sort of a bug.

Last edited:
Level 6
Yeah, I have to agree with bounty hunter2 though. Everything he said up there was all true. But one thing I can't figure out is that if he got 50/80, and 3/5 means 48/80 atleast, why didn't he just receive the 3 like he deserved? =\. He cleared the 3 mark by 2 points which is over 3/5.

EDIT: Is the /5 system based on something else?

And one note on the lag, I know you can't fix it but... even I lag and my computer is not slow. So either Dark has an uber first class computer or he's lying that he is not lagging one bit xD. Just thought I'd like to mention it because there are indeed MANY people who lag. And there is no need for pointing fingers at the slow computer users xD.

Last edited:
Level 10
Yeah, I have to agree with bounty hunter2 though. Everything he said up there was all true. But one thing I can't figure out is that if he got 50/80, and 3/5 means 48/80 atleast, why didn't he just receive the 3 like he deserved? =\. He cleared the 3 mark by 2 points which is over 3/5.

And one note on the lag, I know you can't fix it but... even I lag and my computer is not slow. So either Dark has an uber first class computer or he's lying that he is not lagging one bit xD. Just thought I'd like to mention it because there are indeed MANY people who lag. And there is no need for pointing fingers at the slow computer users xD.

The lag exists and the problem comes in my mass spawning. I need to switch over to JASS.

Level 6
O.O so you DO have an uber computer!!! Yeah I didn't expect you were a liar lol. It's just that to you, everyone has a low end computer xD so it's not fair to judge on how laggy a game is >.<.

Yeah, I kinda realized you needed to use Jass but you don't know how to code =\. If I could, I'd tell u how to maximize your zombie count to 150 before the zombies start "pausing" noticeably, but I don't know how I did it either >.>

Your uber HP zombies make up for it though, so everything is good =).

Level 10
O.O so you DO have an uber computer!!! Yeah I didn't expect you were a liar lol. It's just that to you, everyone has a low end computer xD so it's not fair to judge on how laggy a game is >.<.

Yeah, I kinda realized you needed to use Jass but you don't know how to code =\. If I could, I'd tell u how to maximize your zombie count to 150 before the zombies start "pausing" noticeably, but I don't know how I did it either >.>

Well I NEED vJASS.

Level 18

The /5 system is based on the /80 system,

40-55 = 2, 55-65 = 3 65-75 = 4 75-80 = 5

However it doesn't have to always rely on that.

Level 8

He already has about 144 zombies that charge around on the map that don't pause at all. =]

Also, Bounty Hunter2 seems to be ignoring how I explained his grading,
Which I find awfully stupid, if your going to have a Lag Section, why take it out of both Lag, and bugs, thats just plainly retarded. Especially when the lag isn't caused from a bug. Some people just make no sense. -_-

Level 18

Take a look how a submission was done properly:
Diablo III Beta v1.05 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

As I said: [image] [/image] Use tinypic to upload pictures
And
hidden I am
for old updates. You don't have to remove em.

Well I think the map has to have any thing to say for a potential newbie before playing. It doesn't affect quality but it is a issue I think.

So if his map has the best terrain of zombie maps that makes is the best terrain possible? I don't think so, there is still space for improvement.

Lag is on my end, but I have a slow computer, like a lot of other users. You must adapt to all groups, not only the ones with good computers. Loading time can be nerfed. Take dota for instance, how the lag and loading time was shrunked to minimum.

The game is fun,

I stated: Fun Factor is good, gameplay gets bad for newbies. That is the bad part, but I stated fun factor is good.

You Fail, you try again,

Who do you think will play this map online? Pros? No newbs, people who don't know what to do so they come into random maps, and they know no rules or nothing, so something is required.

Bug Section,

I took him two points off for the lag in bug free, as lag can cause the game to crash for some users, therefor it is a sort of a bug.

Please do read the posts and then assume I ignore you. I have explained myself and the two points off for the lag/bug problem. Instead of going hyper on me, rather spend some time learning JASS to help you decrease lag and loading time.