• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vietnamese Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello, I am in need of a somewhat simple job. Essentially, I wish to create a vietnamese man, and was thinking that the easiest way of reaching my goal was to rip the hat model from the pandaren, and either use it as an attachment for the villager model, or simply creating a new model, and merging the hat with the man, so that it will function properly in the portrait veiw. In any case, I hope that someone here is capable of what I ask. Also, if it isn't too much trouble, please tell me what you did so that I don't have to waste someone elses time for my own maps. I won't really care if you don't, but I'd prefer if you did. Thanks, and +rep for the modeler who gives the best (or the only) model.

Level 31
So I'm finished, but i can still change ir, if the hat should be bigger or smaller or more up so you can see the face better. It's an atachment. Just tell if it needs change!

chilla_killa

Attachments

• Vietnamese Had.jpg
    Vietnamese Had.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Had1.mdx
    5.4 KB · Views: 78
Level 7
So I'm finished, but i can still change ir, if the hat should be bigger or smaller or more up so you can see the face better. It's an atachment. Just tell if it needs change!

chilla_killa

Seems good, thanks. Just wondering, would you happen to have an idea for a hat which is more tan? In anycase, this will do fine, thanks a bunch@:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
Edit: I don't mean to bother you, but would you mind exchanging this hat's texture for that of the brewmaster himself (his hat is tan, more fitting.) Thanks.

Level 7
The problem is that there are ears at the hat of brewmaster model.
I don't know how to remove them without having a hole in the hat.
But if the ears arent a problem for you i can make it for you.
While I am not sure as to wether or not this functions properly outside of milkshape, or if the textures will work, I am sure that simply removing all of the verticies excluding those which make up the hat does function properly in terms of the model. As it happens, the hat is entirely seperate from the brewmaster, and was simply put over the ears, providing a simple illision. MY appologies for taking so long to respond, as I was busy. See what you can do now, thanks:grin:
In any case, The ears can't possibly pose that much of a problem. After all, attachments aren't visible in the portrait.

Level 7
View attachment 55834
chilla_killa, you could have switched the texture paths. And I found a ton of unused animations, which were strange and unnesesary. Whatever...

Thank you again graystuff. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you mind explaining what you did to get the hat? (I'm using milkshape, so if you aren't, don't be compelled to right a detailed report on how to do it in your program.) Thanks, and +rep!:grin:

Level 31
I removed a lot of animations, but maybe i forgot some.
I use Magos, Viewer and Vertex Modify and Notepad. :p
He did the same as me, but I did it with the storm brewmaster.
To get the had, extract the brewmaster model, convert to .mdl then open the .mdl in the vertex modifier and remove everything but the had.
After this you have to move the whole had to the cross in the middle. You have to do this if you want to atach it to a model, so it doesnt fly around and is exaxtly at the head. Then resize it a bit. Save and open the mdl file with Notepad. Now remove the animations. It sounds hard but you will understand better if you watch these videos:

Watch the other video parts too.

Level 7
I removed a lot of animations, but maybe i forgot some.
I use Magos, Viewer and Vertex Modify and Notepad. :p
He did the same as me, but I did it with the storm brewmaster.
To get the had, extract the brewmaster model, convert to .mdl then open the .mdl in the vertex modifier and remove everything but the had.
After this you have to move the whole had to the cross in the middle. You have to do this if you want to atach it to a model, so it doesnt fly around and is exaxtly at the head. Then resize it a bit. Save and open the mdl file with Notepad. Now remove the animations. It sounds hard but you will understand better if you watch these videos:

Watch the other video parts too.
I understand everything that you have just said, but the problem is that I have no idea how to export in either mdl or mdx format from milkshape. (infact, I even made a new model, by importing the villager and the pandaren. I only need to texture it, and somehow export it. Thanks anyway though...:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.