• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Parts as attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am searching for someone to make some attachments....i think making them is easy, but the number is the problem. I need 18 of them :/

I need Body parts of some units as attachments, so i can use them to "mutate" the players hero. Im thinking of these parts:
-left leg x3
-right leg x3
-left arm x3
-right arm x3
-Body x3
-Head x3

if you are interested please contact me. Ill then tell you which part of which unit i need.

Greetings
CodeBlack

Level 7
Ok it seems nobody wants to do so much work :ogre_haosis:

I would already be happy if someone could make me one or two...
I really need those models to continue with my map, otherwise i have to start again thinking about another solution.
Ill put everyone who helps me out here, into the Special Thanks section of my Credits and name a Hero, Boss, Boss Ad or sth like that after him.

I tried a few times to understand how this model stuff works, but im definetly not capable of making my own attachments in the near future.

and for the people who want more information on my map...
You always wanted to become a mighty hero? Or even a God?
Then i have good news for you!

In Hero Binders two teams fight for the right to call themselves Gods.
To achieve this Task they are ordered to kill an ancient Demon that only appears once every 1000 Years. A desperate race to glory starts.

Defend your Castle against hordes of monsters, while getting stronger and merging you own Body with powerful creatures. Craft mighty Items to crush your Enemy or to challenge giant Bosses.

...enough epicness for now..here are the facts!

I am working on this map since i found out that there is a wc3 editor. I completely restarted this Project 4 times, because i learned a lot of new stuff and the older version were...well...crap ^^

With this concept now i am pretty happy and i think it could make a lot of fun. I AM STILL A NEWBIE. That said i can now show what i got and what i still need to do :ogre_haosis:

First some Screens out of the Editor. Not much, but im not ready to show more right now...its still early dev stage.
Overview over the maplayout:

overviewwhum4.png

The 3 different Areas you need to Defend:

area1a7usv.png

area25kukx.png

area3ldudh.png

Side Bosses:

sidebosses4wutj.png

Pre "Endboss":

smallmainbossvqupy.png

Traders (from left to right): Armor, Weapons, Potions and stuff, Binding Shop, Unit sends, Support Minions

trader4zup4.png

The map consist of 5 Areas you need to go through.
Three defense Areas and two Bosses. To win you need to keep your Castle Alive and kill the Endboss before the other Team does. If you want you can send Units to slow down or even kill the Enemy and if you get in trouble yourself you can buy Items or support minions like a healer etc.

There are 4 classes of items: Basic, simple, advanced and Master.
Those apply for weapons aswell as for armor, pendants or whatever.
Basic and simple can be crafted in the first area, advanced in the second and so on.
There are also Special items that are classed as Legendary and Godlike. You can get legendary Items by killing the Side Bosses. If you manage to get all legendarys of one Attribute, you get the Godlike item.

now...how do i get to the next area?

Thats simple! Push through the outward facing lane and obtain the key for the gate on the other lane.

But...the creeps are so strong!

No problem my small apprentice!
you can merge yourself with mighty creatures to get stronger heroes.
For this you go into the Bind zone, that is located in the middle of the map and kill the strong Neutral creeps. Every creep stands for one attribute and has a different bind Effect. But beware! in the Bind area both teams can meet...so watch out or die!

Greetings CodeBlack

Level 8
This is an interesting idea. Unfortunately, simply put, it probably won't work. Getting multiple animations in what would have to be multi-boned attachments to sync with the corresponding animations in the main unit, if even possible at all, would require some serious time and effort.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I recently struggled with the same and I asked some users, if you would like me to I could inform you if they respond, offering a short tutorial how to make it yourself ( that's what I would like to achieve for myself).

Level 7
This is an interesting idea. Unfortunately, simply put, it probably won't work. Getting multiple animations in what would have to be multi-boned attachments to sync with the corresponding animations in the main unit, if even possible at all, would require some serious time and effort.

Thats something i already had in mind....so its really not realistic to do :/
then i am at the beginning again...trying to find a new solution. :ogre_frown:

thx for your answer anyways. :thumbs_up:

I recently struggled with the same and I asked some users, if you would like me to I could inform you if they respond, offering a short tutorial how to make it yourself ( that's what I would like to achieve for myself).

That would be cool! thx ^^

Level 7
Aaaand im back again ^^

I fgured out that my idea wasnt that bad at all...i did just aim a bit too high :ogre_haosis:

I think instead of trying to replace limbs of the units i will simply put stuff on them.
Now in only need a way to make it look cool, because nobody likes overlapping models of attachments that simply were thrown on the unit.

In my map there are currently 10 Levels of Development for your Char. Lvl1 is the standard model, so there are 9 levels where i need to add sth.

I already figured out some parts of it, but i need some ideas for where to put stuff ^^

aaand i still need someone who can make me some usefull attachments that remind of special units.

as far as i am it looks like that:

lvl1 - Standard Model (Rifleman/ Sorceress/ Footman)
lvl2 - ?
lvl3 - ?
lvl4 -?
lvl5 - ?
lvl6 - "Armor" (Body Replacement)
lvl7 - "Helmet" (Head Replacement)
lvl8 - Wings (Back...obviously^^)
lvl9 - Aura
lvl10 - ?

Body and Head can be replaced because i dont need special animations for those....they´re just like a Helmet or Armor...
maybe there is a way to add spikes or sth like that to the shoulders...that would be one possibility or replace hands (like Gloves) but im not sure if this works... thats all i got for now :/

Greetings
CodeBlack

P.S: lvl10 should be something pretty awesome but im lacking some ideas y.y

Last edited:
Level 25
So, what's the map name going to be, abomination wars? :p

But really a way of doing this:
Take the footman skin, make it completely transparent. Then attach the attachments to the footman, now you can have a model with different heads and so on.

You may have to keep some parts of the footman model visible, if there are no attachment points for "legs", "arms" and so on.

Level 7
So, what's the map name going to be, abomination wars? :p

But really a way of doing this:
Take the footman skin, make it completely transparent. Then attach the attachments to the footman, now you can have a model with different heads and so on.

You may have to keep some parts of the footman model visible, if there are no attachment points for "legs", "arms" and so on.

Haha ^^

No XD the name will be Hero Binders (We are Gods)

Pretty interesting idea...i will try it with some armor and helmet attachments from the hive...if this works i can try to get the attachments i want :D

Level 18
Hello,
I saw your post on the Request section. I am myself interested on that kind of idea of progression, even to the point that I worked on a set of knight attachments that go from a basic tier 1 up to a spikey tier 3.

My suggestion would be to use a many skins of the villager model, because a huge number of attachments here on Hive we design to fit that unit. Also with the different skins you could start with a regular villager, then at lvl 4 change to a more armored one and at lvl 8 use the most armored sking available.

Humm.. let's see.. the way i see it.. you'd need a fully animated unit, with all the anims you'd want, only without any mesh.. (or maybe just teamglow?) then you'd need attachment points on chest, head, shoulders, forearms, thighs, shins, feet, hands.. so you can have places to attach stuff to. then you'll have to butcher each model and separate a lot of stuff, not to mention splitting each limb in half. then after that, you'd need to reshape/align the pieces to how you'd want them to display on the unit, and make all pieces have the same-ish size to fit together well..

kiinda a helluva lot of work?

edit: and that's not even all, how would you make the portrait? i don't believe that war3 shows attachments in a portrait

Level 7
Humm.. let's see.. the way i see it.. you'd need a fully animated unit, with all the anims you'd want, only without any mesh.. (or maybe just teamglow?) then you'd need attachment points on chest, head, shoulders, forearms, thighs, shins, feet, hands.. so you can have places to attach stuff to. then you'll have to butcher each model and separate a lot of stuff, not to mention splitting each limb in half. then after that, you'd need to reshape/align the pieces to how you'd want them to display on the unit, and make all pieces have the same-ish size to fit together well..

kiinda a helluva lot of work?

edit: and that's not even all, how would you make the portrait? i don't believe that war3 shows attachments in a portrait

yeah...i think its a bit too much...
i am working currently on a working beta version (just without the fancy Graphic changes) and will then later on add attachments for every unit (instead of replacing limbs etc. ill use standard attachment types)

i hope this doesnt destroy the effect too hard.

but for this is still need 2 custom villagers. One with gun and fitting attack animation (like the rifleman) one that floats and attacks with magic (like priestress). the third one i can use the standard villager for and just add a shield and sword.
i already tried the villager here on hive that has 40+ anims but this looks weird and doesnt work well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.