• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turn-based systems, know any good ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, turn based systems are easy to code in GUI (too easy to be uploaded in the system section). You'll need a variable (Boolen) that decides who's turn it is: Set PlayerTurn[1] = Player 1, PlayerTurn[2] = Player 2.

Now create a timer and every 60 seconds randomize variable from PlayerTurn[0-2]. If it picks 1 then it's PlayerTurn[1] = Player 1 ect...
It will switch turn every 60 seconds.

If nobody wants to do this request, I might do it for you.

Level 28
Well, if you want me to, I can send you my half-finished turn-based RPG fight system which uses stats as parameters.
To make it work, you have to make each enemy a hero so wc3 can read it's atk/agi/int (that, or you rely on internal values to create an AP-based combat system).
It's based on dialogs and cinematic spells, things you see in Golden Sun, Grandia 2 and the likes.
It also includes a half-done camera rotation system which needs some limits in terms of the maximum angle on the x-axis but it's workable...

Status
Not open for further replies.