• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there a way to reduce number of playable races ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I know of methods to increase the number through tinkering with the handicaps, or such as providing secondary selection mechanic through dialog-menus right after the game has started that has to be setup in the map as trigger, however i know nothing about reducing the number of playable races other than reversedly setting up the dialogue from just above so that its replacing race3 and race4 with the starting units of race1 and race2.
At some point there was an Starcraft total conversion mod for this game in the works, did they ever manage to lower the number of playable races to 3 ? If yes then how so ?
what i actually aim for is to have only 2 sides in a total conversion type project. Could this be achieved through carefully editing the .mpqs or would require an new .exe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.