• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spinning dust effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Would be gr8 if someone made an effect similar to the one in this gif:

vjwiB.gif

The spinning dust that appears at his feet at the beginning and end of the animation is what I'm looking for

Level 23
I don't mind, though I need to know how you intend to use this (Im assuming this is for monter).

>Do you want only the dust, or the spinning sword trails too?

>The end dust "poof" looks like something that would get really repetitive if it was a fixed part of the main effect. Rather I would have it as a separate effect attached to the hand of the character model.

There are quite a few ways this could made, knowing what exactly its for could help narrow down how best to do it.

Level 12
I really only need the circular dust that expands outwards - you can ignore the additional dust clouds, effects, etc.

also it'd be a nice bonus if you did the sword trails, but that's not what I'm requesting (at least for now :ccool:)

>The end dust "poof" looks like something that would get really repetitive if it was a fixed part of the main effect. Rather I would have it as a separate effect attached to the hand of the character model.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here

as I said though, you can ignore the additional effects that appear along with the spinning dust

I have a model like this (the end of the animation), but it's brown, like sand/dirt instead of wind.

Can you upload it? I'd like to see it

Status
Not open for further replies.