• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Sound) Water Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Can some one please point me into a direction of a looping warter effect for my new map?

Can some one please show me how to mak the work?
I am very new to the sound editor.
+Rep for anyone that is attempting to help me.
Thanks in advance!

Level 14
Internal/Sound/Ambient/DoodadEffects/WaterLakeLoop1.wav
Internal/Sound/Ambient/DoodadEffects/WaterStreamLoop1.wav
Internal/Sound/Ambient/DoodadEffects/WaterWaterFallLoop1.wav
Internal/Sound/Ambient/DoodadEffects/WaterWavesLoop1.wav

EDIT: made a tutorial (lol):

firstly open sound editor. find one of the soundloops that you like, and select "use as sound". this will be your sound variable.
region2.JPG

next go to toolpalette. select region palette. create a new region, where you want the sound to be heard and select "edit region properties".
region1.JPG

now a new window opens named Region Properties. tick the "Ambient Sound" and select the suitable sound variable. click OK and CONGRATULATIONS! you have just created a sound loop.
region3.JPG

click test game (CTRL+F9 i think) and listen to it. i think you can turn the loudness up at the sound editor by right clicking the sound variable and editing its properties.

Level 6
Ty, I didn't really look in at the bottom of the of that section. Ty.
Edit: Ty for the tutorial!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.