• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Request] Torn Lordaeron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Dear Hivers,

I would like to request a model from you guys. It's a destroyed/ torn banner of Lordaeron (Doodad-props Cityscape). If you guys can make some versions of it like a bit torn, half cut off and almost destroyed i would really appriciate it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thx in advance and you will get +Rep ofcourse!

Attachments

• Banner.jpg
    Banner.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 730
  • Banner Destroyed.jpg
    Banner Destroyed.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,155
Reactions: Moy
Level 30
All models without exceptions support alpha channeling, however, parts of models that have team color on that location can never be alphaed out, just TC-ed.

If these don't suit your need, tell me and I'll work on them more.
Import them under these paths:

Doodads\Cityscape\Props\Banner_Long\flag1_64.blp
Doodads\Cityscape\Props\Banner_Long2\flag2_64.blp

And it really doesn't matter which one goes where.

Btw, I've never noticed how tiny these flags are to work on, I mean, full quality BLP is less than 10 KBs. It was quite painful to draw sharp lines even with 1 px brush.

Attachments

• RuinedFlag1.blp
    7.8 KB · Views: 53
  • RuinedFlag2.blp
    8.8 KB · Views: 47
  • RuinedFlags.PNG
    RuinedFlags.PNG
    55.2 KB · Views: 368
Level 6
thx Apheraz Lucent!

I like how you did the models. Only they are a bit buggy. When i dont place them the holes in the flags are shown. But when i place the flags, the holes are gone. In the blue flag, well there are no vissible adjustments. In the whiteflag the holes become black.

Also the white flag has a blackspot at the bottom. I think that should be a hole to?
The white flag is thorn to pieces, but the bottom part is hanging on a thin line. Because of that the bottom part should move different because of physics. If you can create the thick outerline back it would fix that. Get what im saying? its difficult to explain.

I hope you understand what im saying and will be able to fix that. Anywayz thx for the time and energy!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ruinedbanner.jpg
    Ruinedbanner.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 297
Level 30
Ugh, now I've realized by looking at the model that it disallows alpha because it doesn't have any more than 1 standard texture which never uses the channel. Now I remember why I've never tried skining doodads.

However, I've modified the model for you to make it allow alpha, but, to use it just so that you can find an alternative from someone else, in form of a more functional model, as it takes quite some space.

Oh, and I've also fixed the hanging-on-string issue.

Paths for models are such as you import them, and for textures:
RuinedFlag1.blp
RuinedFlag2.blp

Attachments

• Banner_Long.mdx
    15.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Banner_Long2.mdx
    15.5 KB · Views: 41
  • RuinedFlag2.blp
    8.4 KB · Views: 48
Level 6
Thank you very much!
I suggest you upload them into the model section because it really can finish some ruined castle maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.