• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request to slightly edit model and change color of skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello! There is currently a sword in the right hand of the model and I would like to request the same sword be added on the left as well. In addition I would like the texture attached to be edited as well so that the red skin is recolored purple. I would like the purple to be similar to the purple used for the eredar warlocks in game.

Attachments

• HeroDemonArchdukeNonHeroFxd.mdx
    79.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Bloodguard.blp
    60.6 KB · Views: 53
Level 11
Is this ok?

Attachments

• Bloodguard - edit.blp
    84.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Bloodguard - edit.jpg
    Bloodguard - edit.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 123

N41

N41

Level 7
Made sword into attachment so that you can attach it to other hand.
If you don't know how to do that I have already edited the path of weapon reference. If the weapon still does not show just remove weapon reference path and add to respective hand reference. Else just remove the path altogether and add special effect with path of sword to the respective hand ingame.
Either of this must work.

Note:
Set Paths as given in Path.txt file
Skin included is the one made by gusanomental (attached above)

Attachments

• HeroDemonHunter.rar
    118.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Level 7
Finally had a chance to test it! The skin is perfect so thank you!

As for the model, I tried using it as an attachment and got it to work. However I ran into some problems. Ingame the sword points outward instead of inward so it looks out of place. Also, the sword does not follow through with the animations and as such causes it to look really awkward. I've attached two screenshots. One is when the model is standing normally and the other is when the model attacks. If you look closely one sword follows through with the attack motion (the one thats part of the model) while the other (the one that is an attachment) does not. Could you fix those for me?

Attachments

• Screenshot (39).png
    Screenshot (39).png
    546.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot (40).png
    Screenshot (40).png
    564.2 KB · Views: 90
Level 7
Just tested it! Thank you for the help! Unfortunately the sword still isn't quite where it needs to be. I was hoping the the sword in his left hand would mirror the sword held in his right hand, so that they both point inward. The sword also still does not follow through with the attack animation. :/

Attachments

• Screenshot (49).png
    Screenshot (49).png
    283 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.