• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[REQUEST] Multiboard EDIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys, I was looking in the spells/systems and I found a NICE multiboard what shows the multiboard just for friends, show friends HP (with bar) and ......... But this multiboard is for an arena map or something like that (Kills/Deaths....) So I dunno how to edit this multiboard to do one like this one
\/
http://imageshack.us/f/580/multiboard.jpg/

Just showing the gold, lumber, game time and Main unit HP and HP Bar, if some1 can edit this, you'll get +REP and ofc my respect, thanks !

EDIT -----------------------------------
You can edit basing in this multiboard:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ui-185807/?prev=search=multiboard&d=list&r=20

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Easy to fix up, just takes to long for me to want to do it =/

Level 15
No its not, its pretty easy in GUI but GUI sucks, I dont use it.

I'm sorry to react to this post so lately but this one hurt me to the heart... I do more epic things with GUI than 50%+ of vJASS users ever made, and it could be said about a lot of ppl here in THW. For making the best things it's better to use GUI as it's easier to make, harder to get lost in your own code, but if you have the right way of thinking (which too many ppl lack out there) you can do ANYTHING with GUI (well sometimes I must use some custom scripts, but well, a GetLocalPlayer() never broke my workflow ^^)

BTW there are so many ppl asking for local multiboards that I feel like making a tutorial for them (Yeah, with GUI-as it's not only easier to understand but you can't think that someone who can't make a local multiboard will be able to make it in JASS :D)

Level 29
you can do ANYTHING with GUI

when a map is saved, all triggers (GUI) is converted to JASS, try to use EDIT >>> convert your GUI trigger to custom text, see how horrible the code is, calling so many useless functions making it non-epic...

in GUI, you always use variable editor for your variables, in vJASS, the variable editor is useless coz you can declare it in global blocks...that's one of the things GUI can't do :)...

Level 23
I do more epic things with GUI than 50%+ of vJASS users ever made, and it could be said about a lot of ppl here in THW.
Wow, define "epic" please.
For making the best things it's better to use GUI as it's easier to make, harder to get lost in your own code,
Definitively wrong. "for making the best things" thats why every good map is in GUI?
but if you have the right way of thinking (which too many ppl lack out there) you can do ANYTHING with GUI (well sometimes I must use some custom scripts, but well, a GetLocalPlayer() never broke my workflow ^^)
You can do much in GUI with custom scripts, but theyre damn ugly and make the sucky GUI desgin even worse.
One simple thing you can do in GUI are defining own functions.
Doing something by clicking 10k times in GUI takes me 3 hours, doing it in jass takes me like a quarter.
To use GUI without any performance loss you would probably have to use only custom scripts because there are BJs and swaps you cant avoid.
Why am I even discussing? Does neither fit in ehre nor is necessary.
BTW there are so many ppl asking for local multiboards that I feel like making a tutorial for them (Yeah, with GUI-as it's not only easier to understand but you can't think that someone who can't make a local multiboard will be able to make it in JASS :D)
Well that doesnt make sense at all

But Can i Add a jass system in a map who just have GUI ? If it's possible, you can do it in jass... Thanks !
If you have the JNGP sure

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

GUI is better than Jass when it comes to not wanting to look at a bunch of ugly multi-colored stuff that makes no sense, and making things easily.
Jass is better if you want to do a lot of typing and care about losing 1-2 fps in a massive trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.