• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Req: Simple ability "Energy Shield bubble" model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Howdy! For my map, StarCraft ZoneControl (see www.sczonecontrol.nl for more information) I need a model that can represent an energy shield.

I'd like it to be inspired by supreme commander's energy shields, per example:

post-68268-1204278703.jpg

In my map, some units have energy shields (based on mana shield). I will be adding a structure (shield generator) that, when energy shield-baring units get nearby will combine the shields of these units into a big, combined shield. The idea is that the model I'm now requesting will represent that shield. It will increase/decrease size, relative to the amount of units nearby.

The shield should be pretty big (400 diameter, ingame distance value).

If you are willing to help and and/or need more information - post here, PM me or mail to angelusz@ the website I mentioned earlier. Thanks!

Level 9
why not? :eek: too low quality?

It doesn't have the shape and size I need. It also lacks animation.

It's already much better than the previous suggestion, yet it has some of the same problems. What I need is more a semi-sphere, one chopped directly in half. Also, since the sphere has to be able to become quite big, I'll need a model that's a bit more suitable for that, these small spheres will probably look pretty bad once blown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.