• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quest system via items request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Hive Community i am wanting to make a quest that is obtainable by selecting it from a quest giver. and involves the collection of a certain amount of items before it can be turned in. Example: Hero selects quest from the quest giver "Bandit Heads" quest description "Collect 5 bandit heads and turn in"....................i am looking for a way to continuously turn in 5 heads for the quest rewards. So if the quest is worth 50 exp and 25 gold then i could turn in 100 heads, 5 at a time, for the reward over and over. Thank you for any time and effort spent in helping me.

This is what I've got so far and i cant seem to get it to work.

Bounty 001 Wolf Hides
Events
Unit - A unit Uses an item
Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Quest: Wolf Hides (Level 1+)
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Wolf Hide)) Equal to 3
Then - Actions
Hero - Add 50 experience to (Triggering unit), Show level-up graphics
Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Wolf Hide) to ((Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) - 3)
Else - Actions
Do nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.