• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pylon Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This is something I have 'struggled' with for quite some time (I put 'struggled' in quotes because I really haven't given it too much thought besides "oh when I mod Naga I should make them use Pylons like Protoss" and that's it :p). I feel like it shouldn't be too hard, but then again...

#1, are you currently using "Blight" in your project? If not, that's half the battle; just make a "pylon" unit that makes Blight in a circle, and it'll only allow buildings built there.

As for the "not working without Pylons"... Not sure. Perhaps a little hidden aura (Tornado Slow Aura is choice) & a trigger that catches whether a building tries to build/train/research/upgrade anything, stopping it if it doesn't have the buff?

Level 13
This is something I have 'struggled' with for quite some time (I put 'struggled' in quotes because I really haven't given it too much thought besides "oh when I mod Naga I should make them use Pylons like Protoss" and that's it :p). I feel like it shouldn't be too hard, but then again...

#1, are you currently using "Blight" in your project? If not, that's half the battle; just make a "pylon" unit that makes Blight in a circle, and it'll only allow buildings built there.

As for the "not working without Pylons"... Not sure. Perhaps a little hidden aura (Tornado Slow Aura is choice) & a trigger that catches whether a building tries to build/train/research/upgrade anything, stopping it if it doesn't have the buff?

yes, i got it :D But i need now circle indicator for it like aura model or something. :D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hm, I dunno.

I guess... Well there's probably an easier (more triggered?) way, but I suppose if you can use 2 quick triggers to 'catch' a selection & deselection event ("unit is selected...", "unit is de-selected..."), then you can just dynamically add/remove a custom "Factory" ability (not "Pocket Factory", but "Factory"; Search for it) which continually creates little short-lived "aura dummies", simply for the effect.

Or... Just add/remove the Aura ability in general (a modified Aura ability which has no effect, but has the Aura model). So click -> add ability -> gives Aura (model), un-click -> removes ability -> removes Aura (model).

Meh?

//EDIT// To get all the pylons, you'd have to do a "select all" trigger.

Level 13
sdf

Hm, I dunno.

I guess... Well there's probably an easier (more triggered?) way, but I suppose if you can use 2 quick triggers to 'catch' a selection & deselection event ("unit is selected...", "unit is de-selected..."), then you can just dynamically add/remove a custom "Factory" ability (not "Pocket Factory", but "Factory"; Search for it) which continually creates little short-lived "aura dummies", simply for the effect.

Or... Just add/remove the Aura ability in general (a modified Aura ability which has no effect, but has the Aura model). So click -> add ability -> gives Aura (model), un-click -> removes ability -> removes Aura (model).

Meh?

//EDIT// To get all the pylons, you'd have to do a "select all" trigger.

can you try make it for me? :D I'm dement from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.