• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orcs, Humans and More! [Big Model Request]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey all! I have... Very little skill as a modeler, to be totally honest with you and myself. And what little skills I do possess will not give me the ability to make a rather hefty pack of models I... Quite desperately need for a particular project of mine.

See, I'm working on something based in the timeline of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, and would very much like to use authentic models for the structures, as well as a couple other buildings I've added to the list. I've looked around quite extensively, but have only been able to find maybe a total of... 2 models that could really be useful here, and even them I'm kinda "meh" about.

So, to anyone willing to take this big task on, here's a list of what I need. I'd appreciate any help anyone could offer, and I will, of course, +rep.

ORC BUILDINGS
Great Hall/Stronghold/Fortress: Base building as the Town Hall of the Orcs in Warcraft I, with the extra tiers of seemingly logical improvements based on the architectural style. Preferably not just a clone of Warcraft II buildings, though.

Barracks: As seen in WC1

Kennels: As seen in WC1

Temple: ^

Warlock Tower: ^

Farm: ^

Forge: ^

*Flameworks: A sort of workshop-esque building that will train Catapults and Battering Rams. As name suggests, think sorta fiery pits and siege shop.

*Rookery: Large, cave-like structure for training Dragons. Think sorta Ogre-Mound-like and with a large hole at the top where the dragons would, say, fly out of.

*Treasure Hoard: Basically a big mountain of plunder with spikes around it, works like a voodoo lounge.

HUMAN BUILDINGS
Like with the Orc Buildings, all of the standard structures you typically see in WC:1, plus a few additions.

Town Hall/Keep/Castle: See Orc Great Hall ^

*Siegeworks: Counterpart to Flameworks, produces Ballistas and Battering Rams. I don't have much of an idea for how it'd look, so it's up for interpretation here.

*Aviary: A human-styled Gryphon Roost, trains Skyguards, which are Gryphon Mounted knights, basically. I'm thinking a square-like structure with a large nest on top, maybe with a small armory extension to the side.

*Treasure Vault: Counterpart to the Treasure Hoard, works like the Arcane Vault. I'd kinda like an almost pyramid-like, layered design that seems to kinda be an underground treasury.

Again, I realize this is a massive amount of work and I would totally do it myself if I could. Thanks in advance to anyone who can even attempt working on this, and I hope my request isn't too tall an order here. XD

Level 12
I have most of those Orc buildings for my RotH project. I COULD send them, but nahhh :p I don't think the models would be properly used though and I don't want them leaked out :/

Here's a preview of them:
199714-albums7544-picture89749.png

Level 9
I will see... I might try and make one or two of these... not a promise though

Some of these have good idea :p

Hey, thanks man, that'd be awesome! Big fan of your work, would be certainly interested in seeing your take on some of these! ^.^

I have most of those Orc buildings for my RotH project. I COULD send them, but nahhh :p I don't think the models would be properly used though and I don't want them leaked out :/

Here's a preview of them:
199714-albums7544-picture89749.png

Hrm, suppose I understand, but if I ever DO release this project of mine, it won't be for some time, and I would never try to steal your work, of course. But hey, your call man. Models look good though! You should consider even just uploading them, lotta people could find them useful than just myself, methinks.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
^Lol.

Hardtime, if you're just showing off & have no intention of sharing, that's just rude. :<

Buildings are one of the harder things to have done, so consider yourself lucky to get even one or two of these, Zaljinzoo. That being said, good luck; some good ideas you got there ("Rookery" is great).

Level 9
^Lol.

Hardtime, if you're just showing off & have no intention of sharing, that's just rude. :<

Buildings are one of the harder things to have done, so consider yourself lucky to get even one or two of these, Zaljinzoo. That being said, good luck; some good ideas you got there ("Rookery" is great).

Yeah, as I mentioned, I realize this is a huge request. I'm actually tempted to expand my project to a full team sort of deal, and if I do so, I can hopefully get some modelers on board there, if nothing comes of this thread. Thanks, though! I know I said this is the time period of Orcs and Humans but... Let's just say it's a bit of a revised version, my own sort of take on the Warcraft lore. And in this take, the Dragonmaw actually have a legitimate reason for being the Dragonmaw pre-Second War. *hinthintwinkwink*

Maybe and this is a big maybe, there is a chance with the Russian Return of the Lich King model pack, those buildings were designed in a classic style or that is what uncle google translated from the notes.

I've downloaded that pack off of "Projects of Old, Gather Ye Resources" and, yeah, they have a couple of buildings that could suffice, mostly for the humans, but i've found hardly anything for Orcs there. I maaay end up caving in and do something I didn't really want to do and sully the great work of the Dawn of Chaos team by making some sub-par retextures of their building models toat least somewhat better fit the typical WC3 style DX

Status
Not open for further replies.