• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
yes, actually, its done...he can back to normal...

EDIT: there's only one problem I encountered, I tell you when i solve that :)
and dont worry about the WAITS, coz its 100% MUI...

EDIT2: I think this is already solved...never tried it for a long time but it works...the game message is just for display, it can be removed...This spell use indexing...

• Wield Winterer On
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Wield Winterer
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit udg_Caster
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Trigger - Turn on Wield Winterer Off <gen>
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set IntIndex = 0
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 2nd ability if OFF
      • Wait 20.00 seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • IntIndex Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- This is after 20 seconds --------
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: OK111
          • Unit - Change ownership of Caster to Player 3 (Teal) and Change color
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Change ownership of Caster to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
          • Wait 15.00 seconds
            • If - Conditions
              • IntIndex Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- This is after 15 seconds --------
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: OK222
              • Wait 3.00 seconds
              • Wait 10.00 seconds
                • If - Conditions
                  • IntIndex Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • -------- This is after 10 seconds --------
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: OK333
                  • Wait 6.00 seconds
                  • Wait 5.00 seconds
                    • If - Conditions
                      • IntIndex Equal to 0
                    • Then - Actions
                      • -------- This is after 5 seconds --------
                      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: OK444
                      • Wait 9.00 seconds
                      • Wait 3.00 seconds
                        • If - Conditions
                          • IntIndex Equal to 0
                        • Then - Actions
                          • -------- This is after 3 seconds --------
                          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: OK555
                          • Unit - Order Caster to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Night Elf Form
                          • Unit - Set life of Caster to ((Life of Caster) / 4.00)
                          • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
                          • Trigger - Turn off Wield Winterer Off <gen>
                        • Else - Actions
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

NOTE: The second trigger MUST be OFF...

• Wield Winterer Off
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Wield Winterer
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 1st ability is ON
      • Set IntIndex = 1

Last edited:
Level 6
you know you can use
  • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Neutral Hostile and Retain color
since neutral never needs too cast a spell right

Level 29
you know you can use
  • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Neutral Hostile and Retain color
since neutral never needs too cast a spell right

I already tried that but they cast the spell too quickly, I use variable coz (triggering unit) will have problems within the 'wait' action...there's much to do with this trigger, I'll fix it latter...

Level 33
What I meant was, to give me the map through PM and I'll check the map to see if it meets the requirement of the requester
If the spell is done, well, it'd be much more easier if I just upload the map in the first page
Credits to you of course...
The thing is; I want to make a smoother thread running

Level 33
I thought that you're specialize in JASS ?
Awww, I was looking for JASS-er =(
Don't mind that, I'll add you to the team
Happy working !
*starts punching card* ...
I hope I can handle the amount of members in here...
Well, that is if you're giving full cooperation ;D
For your first task, please start on Dominic's request, click on link beside the request list

Level 33
===SPELL UPDATE===
--------------------
*Strength Form*
Ancient Armor (spelling error): Changed to % reduction damage
Weaken Magic: Done
Absorb: Done
--------------------
*Agility Form*
Rock Smash: Done
Deep Cleave: Changed instant damage based on % to values (I can do in percent but the unit will... ahhh don't mind that, I'll include the comments in the trigger)
Shock Wave: Done
--------------------
*Intelligence Form*
Elemental Blast: Working on it
Healing Ball: Done
Power of the Light: Working on it
Angle: Done

I did the spells first, before actually setting them to each corresponding Hero Attributes for easier maintenance of the spells

Level 6
@hey utha, your spell Wield Winterer is complete, you need to test it though, i've tested it...and its OK...maybe you can find bugs...if you want the map, just tell me...

i would like it just too see how you did it and too learn what i did wrong if that is ok.

just tell me the next thing you want me too do until then i will work on my map

Last edited:
Level 6
No i meant bear form as in the object editor i used that as the base spell for the item then in game i click the item and it transforms the hero but when i click it again it doesn't transform the hero back to normal.

that is what was happening to me.

Level 15
here is what i have for the vortex spell but i cant realy work on it for ages so im up loading it so since mckill is doing the spells hopfully he can finsh it also for some reason i dunno the movement for the vortex seems to get stuffed up when you move never played around with somthing like this

sorry for being so inavtive iv had alot of stuff going on

Attachments

• FIRE TITAN SPELL PACK.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 40
Level 33
Is that pack loaded with all of the spells ?
Or just for Vortex ?

EDIT:
I checked the pack
It seems to be incomplete...
I guess I'll have to assign the task to another person then...

EDIT 2:
GhostThruster, I'm assigning you to take over millzy's job, the Fire Titan's Spell Pack
I'm treating you as non-backup member of this thread any longer ;D

Level 33
How was it yeohxin ?
Sorry for the long delay though =(

EDIT:
Hey mckill, GhostThruster, is also busy with his own project
Looks like I'm gonna count on you again mckill...
Tell me when you're ready to make the spell pack, I'll update the first post then

EDIT 2:
Uthas' request has been removed.

EDIT 3:
mckill2009, I'm assigning you over Fire Titan's Spell Pack, if that's you're okay...
I'm gonna take over GhostThruster's job, the Dominic's

Last edited:
Level 33
attachment.php

===SPELL UPDATE===
*Alpha Stage: Made the corrupted skull attached to "head"*
*+15% damage is done*
*Note: This is just an alpha stage, changes may applied*

Attachments

• Blood Presence.JPG
    Blood Presence.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 196
Level 12
===SPELL UPDATE===
*Alpha Stage: Made the corrupted skull attached to "head"*
*+15% damage is done*
*Note: This is just an alpha stage, changes may applied*

In WoW, that effect is attached to the Overhead. Stays for 1 second, then goes away. This goes for all three of them. I'm not certain, since I didn't read the request, but that's OBVIOUSLY a DK from wow, so that's why I'm mentioning it, :D

EDIT: As for the Frost Presence Defense thing... Armor != Defense, but perhaps something along the lines of increased armor by a formula that more or less translates into a percentage. Not sure if it's possible, though. Just an idea, :D

Level 5
Well, if this is still being done, I'd quite like a system where one can make something grow.

Example: Unit Stage A is replaced with Unit Stage B after a period of time, with as many Stage A units as possible as the limit. I know it can be done, as I've seen it done. Many thanks if you can do it.

Alright, now the defskull is doing it, I might as well donate my progress.

• Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Stores the abilities for quicker use later --------
      • Set AbilityActivate[1] = Activate Blood Presence
      • Set AbilityPresence[1] = Blood Presence
      • Set AbilityActivate[2] = Activate Frost Presence
      • Set AbilityPresence[2] = Frost Presence
      • Set AbilityActivate[3] = Activate Unholy Presence
      • Set AbilityPresence[3] = Unholy Presence
      • -------- Removes leaks --------
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- Adds an MUI event to detect damage, with every unit on the field as a base --------
          • Trigger - Add to Blood Effect <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)
      • -------- Removes leaks --------
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
  • Init 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Adds an MUI event to detect damage each time a new unit appears --------
      • Trigger - Add to Blood Effect <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)
  • Blood Effect
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Blood Presence for (Damage source)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • -------- NOTE: This trigger will activate for spell damage as well, eg. if the guy with Blood Presence casts Storm Bolt, this will add extra life and damage --------
      • -------- Turns off this trigger, as below, the Cause Damage trigger will cause an endless loop --------
      • -------- Damages an extra 0.15, or 15% --------
      • Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing ((Damage taken) x 0.15) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
      • -------- Sets the current life to 104%(ie. +4%) --------
      • Unit - Set life of (Damage source) to ((Life of (Damage source)) x 1.04)
      • -------- Turns on this trigger, avoiding the endless loop and restablishing the activation --------

Level 29
Sorry guys, been busy lately, well here's the Update of the LoD system...

LoD Battle System Update:

Double Slash (DONE) - Press this button after sellecting which unit you want
to cast Double Slash. It must have perfect timing and within range.
Volcano (DONE) - After casting, press the UP arrow keys very fast, if done
properly, it will hit 4 times and deal a great amount of damage,
if not, then it will only hit 3 times with a small damage.
Burning Rush (DONE) - Pressing the DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT arrow keys many times in PERFECT
timing will trigger the combo, with FIRE effects and can sustain heavy
fire damage!
Crush Dance (NOT DONE) - Oviously this involves dance, possible go aound the target :)

@deskull
EDIT 3:
mckill2009, I'm assigning you over Fire Titan's Spell Pack, if that's you're okay...
I'm gonna take over GhostThruster's job, the Dominic's

no problem dude, let me finish the LoD first, then I'll deal with this one...

EDIT:

OMG!!!, I love the Indexing instead of waits!, its so flawless!!!

Last edited:
Level 5
Poisonous Nova(900 range)
-1000 mana
-20 second cooldown
-Blast the target with a poison explosion dealing 1000 onto the target/ 700 AoE damage and sending all enemies within 10 yards into the air dealing 500 falling damage.

Corrosive Chains(900 range)
-700 mana
-12 second cooldown
-Sends a green blob at an enemy exploding dealing 700 damage and causes a green chain lightning effect to enemies 10 yards away dealing 500 damage.

Bad Experiment (Ultimate)
-3000 mana
-60 second cooldown
-10 second channeled spell
-Sends a stampede-like wave of green oozes dealing 1000 damage when and causing the hit target to be covered in green smog dealing 300 damage per second for 10 seconds and slowed for 15% max speed for 5 seconds. (Sends 7 oozes per second.)

Glaive of the Flame(900 range)
-10 mana
-20 second cooldown
-Sends a flaming glaive at a target dealing 1000 damage and leaves a 10 yard radius fire circle on the ground dealing 200 damage per second for 10 seconds

Flames of Might (Ultimate)
-70 mana
-60 second cooldown
-15 second channeled spell
-Makes Mistress Rose to levitate a few yards into the air spawning a 10 yard line of flames 90, 180, 270, and 0 degrees around her causing 900 damage per second and every 5 seconds it randomly grips a random enemy or hero unit 10 yards away from Mistress Rose into the falmes during the channel.

Electric Grip(900 range)
-1000 mana
-20 second cooldown
-6 second channel
-Grips a enemy with an eletrical lightning stream pulling them a few yards into the air stunning them for 5 seconds dealing 1000 damage every 3 seconds.

Siren of the Sea (Ultimate)
-5000 mana
-60 second cooldown
-Causes the caster to freeze all enemies within 20 yards and explodes the ice dealing 3000 damage and slows all attacking speed by 50% and heals the caster for 5000.

Moon Arrow(900 range)
-10 mana
-20 second cooldown
-Sends a light blue glowing arrow at a target dealing 1000 damage and explodes hitting eneimies within 10 yards with stars and stunning them for 2 seconds.

Arrows of the Full Moon(Ultimate)
-50 mana
-60 second cooldown
-10 second channel
-Makes the caster shoot an arrow into the sky, making her immune for the whole channel, and sending down stars from the sky hitting every enemy within 20 yards for 1000 damage per 2 seconds, summoning 1 Star unit every 5 seconds. (I'll set the health, damage and spells for the star units)

Sorry it's a long list, but I would love the ultimates to be done than the other spells, my map won't be finish until like 2 more months lol so take as long as you want :)
All of these spells are level 1.
Will give +rep and put your name as one of the heros the players can select, plus credits.

Level 29
@Trydene
I'll take Lady Emily- Poison Conjuer once I've finished all other requests...

-1000 mana
-20 second cooldown
-Blast the target with a poison explosion dealing 1000 onto the target/ 700 AoE damage and sending all enemies within 10 yards into the air dealing 500 falling damage.

-700 mana
-12 second cooldown
-Sends a green blob at an enemy exploding dealing 700 damage and causes a green chain lightning effect to enemies 10 yards away dealing 500 damage.

-3000 mana
-60 second cooldown
-Sends a stampede-like wave of green oozes dealing 1000 damage when and causing the hit target to be covered in green smog dealing 300 damage per second for 10 seconds and slowed for 15% max speed for 5 seconds. (Sends 7 oozes per second.)

Level 12
-1000 mana
-20 second cooldown

-700 mana
-12 second cooldown

-3000 mana
-60 second cooldown

Glaive of the Flame(900 range)
-10 mana
-20 second cooldown
-Sends a flaming glaive at a target dealing 1000 damage and leaves a 10 yard radius fire circle on the ground dealing 200 damage per second for 10 seconds

Flames of Might (Ultimate)
-70 mana
-60 second cooldown
-15 second channeled spell
-Makes Mistress Rose to levitate a few yards into the air spawning a 10 yard line of flames 90, 180, 270, and 0 degrees around her causing 900 damage per second and every 5 seconds it randomly grips a random enemy or hero unit 10 yards away from Mistress Rose into the falmes during the channel.

Electric Grip(900 range)
-1000 mana
-20 second cooldown
-6 second channel
-Grips a enemy with an eletrical lightning stream pulling them a few yards into the air stunning them for 5 seconds dealing 1000 damage every 3 seconds.

Siren of the Sea (Ultimate)
-5000 mana
-60 second cooldown
-Causes the caster to freeze all enemies within 20 yards and explodes the ice dealing 3000 damage and slows all attacking speed by 50% and heals the caster for 5000.

Moon Arrow(900 range)
-10 mana
-20 second cooldown
-Sends a light blue glowing arrow at a target dealing 1000 damage and explodes hitting eneimies within 10 yards with stars and stunning them for 2 seconds.

Arrows of the Full Moon(Ultimate)
-50 mana
-60 second cooldown
-10 second channel
-Makes the caster shoot an arrow into the sky, making her immune for the whole channel, and sending down stars from the sky hitting every enemy within 20 yards for 1000 damage per 2 seconds, summoning 1 Star unit every 5 seconds. (I'll set the health, damage and spells for the star units)

Sorry it's a long list, but I would love the ultimates to be done than the other spells, my map won't be finish until like 2 more months lol so take as long as you want :)
All of these spells are level 1.
Will give +rep and put your name as one of the heros the players can select, plus credits.

I'm curious about this. Yards isn't a viable measurement within the WE. How is the conversion done? 1 yard = x units range? Is there some kind of standard for this I'm unaware of, or is this gonna have to be a formula pulled out of someone's ass? :p

I ask cuz if there's multiple formulas for the same thing, then it's going to cause (noticeable) discrepancies during gameplay.

Level 6
@Trydene
do you need them too be mui?

and what Vizel said what do you want Yards to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.