• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need someone to help a misguided friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I don't know if I'm "qualified" enough to say anything but I've been working on a single project for like 3-5 years already. And it's all due to my crazy obsession with detail and modelling. There was this one unit I really loved in red alert 2, when it came to finally making the custom model for my project, I freaking übersized and pimped the model up until there was not a single detail left unpimped. Damn was I stupid. I imported it into the map, and tested it like "YOLO"(pardon me for my inappropriate language). But then, it didn't show up in-game. So I exited warcraft. AND EVEN WORLEDIT(yeah, should NOT have done that). And Firelord just freaking crapped straight into the fan... the pimped-out model was corrupted. 1 and a half years worth of progress utterly lost.

Epilogue:
It took me a good 3 solid months before I came back to modding. To this day, I'm still working on the same project. I did change in my approach to making models, and started being more attentive to the filesize and general purpose of the model (With a little help from the moderators ofcourse). My models aren't that detailed anymore these days, but hey, atleast it doesn't make my project that laggy anymore.

And that's why I don't make my models extremely accurate/detailed anymore

The End
Legit True Story

Status
Not open for further replies.