• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Preview tga icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
As the tittle says, I need someone to make me icon as tga map preview icon.

This logo: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.wow.com/media/2010/05/cataclysmlogo.jpg

I need it to work btw, so if anyone makes it, I'd appreciate if you test it before you send it. :fp: Btw, I don't want links or sh!ts and guides on how to do it. I'm super busy enough with work to study any easy guide as it is, I just need someone to make it and I'm done with map.

So... yea, if anyone can make this, make it fast, I need map published in day or 2, cuz... yolo. :ogre_haosis:

Level 14
Something like this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• WoWWrymrestTemple.jpg
    WoWWrymrestTemple.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 228
  • WoWWrymrestTemple.tga
    192 KB · Views: 68
Level 14
Well it worked for me. You put the .tga one instead of the .jpg one, right? (the .jpg one were meant for preview purpose) I've attached both .jpg and .tga on post above.

And yeah, that's the right path.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 194
Level 8
I've recently tested it on dummy map and it worked as it did to yours. But, my map doesn't seem to respond.

From the very start I knew it was bugged, cause whenever I put the map inside "Maps --> Download" folder, it doesn't show up ingame. When I put it just in maps section, it appears. So, I think its bugged in a way and I dunno how to solve this. That might effect the map preview icon, I dunno 'tho.

EDIT: I remember in a topic, someone said that there is something wrong with pathway, meaning, its too long. I dunno what he meant by that, but its probably related to this issue.

Level 23
if your map's name is too long(it was something like 100 characters), starting from Maps/ (so Maps/download/mysuperawesomemap.w3x will only count download/mysuperawesomemap.w3x) your map will not be showed in the list of the maps in wc3. Thats what I call, a professional programming

Status
Not open for further replies.