• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Pack Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I found these great Icons on pinterest, and made them into wc3 Icons. But they dont fit wc3 perfectly (lacking black background and more distinct lines), although they are OK. However could you perhaps make a few greek gods in a similar style or just sharpen the boarders of the below icons and darken the background??

The zip file contains bnp, BTN and DISBTN versions of the icons.

Question: is ripping the icons attached allowed? :<

Attachments

• Greeks.zip
    119.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 2aad5e09d81ead890b8434c0912bc4ab.jpg
    2aad5e09d81ead890b8434c0912bc4ab.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 140
  • ideas.png
    ideas.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Display.png
    Display.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Level 5
Well i think this is the most simplest way to do it :) Btw, the quality of the pictures you give is pretty bad so i suggest you to find a higher quality though, the more quality of the pictures the better icons will be

Attachments

• Greeks.zip
    132.1 KB · Views: 64
Level 15
Well i think this is the most simplest way to do it :) Btw, the quality of the pictures you give is pretty bad so i suggest you to find a higher quality though, the more quality of the pictures the better icons will be

Oh man, I had already done that. Thanks for your efforts though :p Yea they are kind of blurry lacking the sharp edges of normal wc3 icons.

I've also made faction icons. So nobody needs to help me with what I've already done. :p

I thought it would be cool to make faction decals. So I found myself a round shield model by Red. But I can't seem to manage to make multiple skins for the same model. How do I do that?

Also that shield skin is 42 KB, but I'm only changing a part of it, is there some way to reuse the other skin and thus lowering the file size? Attached the model edits below.

Attachments

• Display.jpg
    Display.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Level 5
Oh man, I had already done that. Thanks for your efforts though :p Yea they are kind of blurry lacking the sharp edges of normal wc3 icons.

I've also made faction icons. So nobody needs to help me with what I've already done. :p

I thought it would be cool to make faction decals. So I found myself a round shield model by Red. But I can't seem to manage to make multiple skins for the same model. How do I do that?

Also that shield skin is 42 KB, but I'm only changing a part of it, is there some way to reuse the other skin and thus lowering the file size? Attached the model edits below.

Open with War3ModelEditor and change the textures. I'm not wise about model editor enough so i would suggest you to ask somebody else or find somewhere how to optimize the size of a texture (or textures)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This tutorial explains it very well.
Just make sure you import each skin to the map as well and give it the same path you gave it while following the tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.