• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Here is the question, one thing is making request and putting here latter, and the other is getting spammed with request that

A: Are done in the other workshops.
B: Are compiled in a list, in the first post of this thread.
I know, I was merely jesting. Didn't you see the smiley? : )

That being said, I agree that a clean-up & re-organization is in order. Like I said, I would love to do it but I fear I've already taken on too much right now. Definitely should be under someone else's jurisdiction.

Ah... What the heck. I'll take it on, and just crowd-source the organization to someone else if they want. So what, do we bug a moderator?

Level 27
Thinking this on a logical level apart of crowdsourcing, maybe we can ask to get a full time mod for this part. Something like a Mega list for everything done, Spells, Models, Icons, Skins.

Categorizing the several closed Workshops and going to the individual post. I think that nearly everything was done at some point but the search system can't find it.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
What do you mean; like, a mod in charge of the thread, or in charge of all the threads (this, the 2d & 3d workshops, etc)? I don't know if they are all 'abandoned'.

I think it'd be good to organize them all, except where their roles don't overlap. But we can at least organize this, first.

Level 14

(Name)

Screenshot

Mountain King Statue

Description: A slight improvement over existing models of statues of mountain kings. With a proper pose, a death animation, and possibility of choosing to have a pedestal or not.
Resource Type: Model
Filesize: each model is 19 kb
Credits: Blizzard Entertainment, edited by Cuore
Path: -

Mountain King Statue - Link to the resource page
In order to avoid cramming the simple edit resource threads with comments, I decided to add this model to a conventional resource page. Please comment it in there! thanks
124805-2084732f53b5fecead465afb1c2845a0.jpg

Level 27
Hey now that's nifty. I can see the argument that (in Warcraft at least) "humans don't ride wolves", but Rule of Cool (or at least Useful) gives this guy berth, so, cool.

Haha, sadly i don't have any luck with my request. Maybe get a custom skin, transforming the wolf in a giant German Shepherd, and changing the militia armor for scalemail in the torso and arms, and the legs with padded leather or something like that.

Level 15

GnollFleaMarket

Screenshot

Gnoll Flea Market

Description: Gnoll Flea Market that fits with Mephestrial's Gnoll Race Pack.
Resource Type: Model, Texture and Icon
Filesize: 17/78/8 KB
Credits: Ujimasa Hojo, Mephestrial, Alok
Paths: Textures\GnollShared.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNGnollFleaMarket.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNGnollFleaMarket.blp

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

Attachments

• GnollFleaMarket.zip
    102 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Level 15

VolcanoAltar

Screenshot

Volcano Altar

Description: Volcano altar. (Edited from this model: Altar of some sorts (and fixed and optimised it))
Resource Type: Model and Icon
Filesize: 22/9 KB
Credits: supertoinkz, Alok
Paths: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNVolcanoAltar.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNVolcanoAltar.blp

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_11.png

Attachments

• VolcanoAltar.zip
    30.1 KB · Views: 168

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Hey guys, I need a little help with this model. I've tried to alpha the neck cloth out, but it appears that it can't be alphaed out. So I need some simple model edits.

I need some help in removing the neck cloth (as seen in the picture below) from both the model and the portrait model (see attached models).

removethis.jpg

Attachments

• ArchimondeApprentice.mdx
    139 KB · Views: 94
  • ArchimondeApprentice_portrait.mdx
    53 KB · Views: 87
Level 15
Hey guys, I need a little help with this model. I've tried to alpha the neck cloth out, but it appears that it can't be alphaed out. So I need some simple model edits.

I need some help in removing the neck cloth (as seen in the picture below) from both the model and the portrait model (see attached models).

View attachment 267235
Here:

Attachments

• ArchimondeApprentice.mdx
    137.4 KB · Views: 77
  • ArchimondeApprentice_portrait.mdx
    51.5 KB · Views: 76
Level 14

(Name)

Screenshot

Spear-throwing orc wolf raider

Description: Created by the contribution of many existing models (and textures)
Resource Type: Model+Textures
Filesize: 381 kb
Credits: Mister_Haudrauf (most of the raider features, including the beautiful shoulderpads, are from his thunderlord raider), Himperion (the clever spear-throwing attack animation is taken from his own work on spear-throwing raiders), the Dawn of Chaos project (the wolf's head is skinned with one of their creations), Eagle XI and Stein123 (who made the custom raider texture)
Path: "Wolf.blp" and "Raider.blp" must be imported for this model to display properly

Here is a link to a dedicated resource page. To avoid cramming this thread with comments, please write them there:

125125-ec8cb334ea25f655745cb8c71250ea57.jpg

Level 15

BTNDemolish

Screenshot

BTNDemolish

Description: Active Demolish icon.
Resource Type: Icon
Filesize: 9 KB
Credits: Blizzard Entertainment, Alok
Paths: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDemolish.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNDemolish.blp

Screenshot_1.png

Edit: I've just found out that this icon already exists in the game under these same paths, but is obscured from the editor.

Attachments

• BTNDemolish.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Reactions: ILH

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
We should contact the creator, the last update is almost a year ago.

lol

If that ever happenss I'll probably be joining you in overthrowing myself.
Probably in the future, I'll think about it. For now I still have plans for it like leaving it outdated for another two years.
Oh boy, you really gave me a good laugh this morning. :D

Level 15
Hey guys, I need a little help again ;)

I would like to use the purple fire effect of the Skull Torch model without the rest of the model.

Hope one of you guys can help me with this :)

PurpleFire

Screenshots

Purple Fire

Description: The purple fire from the Skull Torch model without the Skull Torch.
Filesize: 1 KB
Credits: Blizzard Entertainment, Alok

Screenshot_1.png

Attachments

• PurpleFire.zip
    721 bytes · Views: 109
Level 27

(Name)

Screenshot

Farstrider Captain

Description: Is the reused mesh from the Lynx rider, the animations came from a wow rip, the animations where cleaned from extra frames to thin the size and modified a bit. It has everything to be functional, portrait incorporated. As the name says it works as a non hero commander unit. Eventualy i'm going to add more movement to the hair, but until that moment better publish the work too left it rot in my folder.
Filesize: 146Kb
Credits: Himperion model/Bloodraven for the Studder leather shield
Path:

full

Attachments

• FarstriderCaptain.mdx
    146.9 KB · Views: 223
Level 5

Forest Troll King

Screenshot

Forest Troll King

Description:
Based on model Trundle, the Troll King They may look dumb and slow but these giants are troll leaders, they reign by tyranny and greed. They are slow to attack but deal a hard blow and can withstand a lot of pain. Their high regeneration rate makes them feared by many.
Resource Type: Model + Skin
Filesize: 300+ KB
Credits:
Rubelli Sidus
(Permission Granted)
Path: None

trundle-forest-jpg.268664

NEL

NEL

Level 6
HI guys, can you make a Purple Felhound's Head model and Green Riderless Horse's Head model. Those heads are facing at 180 angle.

It should be works if you attach it in a Villager's Top Left Arm

upload_2017-5-31_14-37-19.png

Last edited:
Level 4
Hi there.

Could someone please recolour Druid of the Claw (texture and icon) so that he has white skin? Basically I want a High Elf version.

Level 27

(Name)

Screenshot

Infernal FlameThrower

Description: Diablo's car from Azeroth grand prix converted into a normal unit. A death/decay set of animations added and the camera re-positioned. Added a team color top to made it visible from the game view, and nothing else. Edit, added the team color top on the front part.
Filesize: 58Kb
Credits:
Path:

full

Attachments

• InfernalFlamethrower.mdx
    57.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Level 6
Since Darkfang's resources are gone, I want to ask someone to make a skin for Blood Elf Buildings like:

TowerofTheSun.blp => BloodElfToweroftheSun.blp
Waygate.blp => BloodElfWaygate.blp
BearDen.blp => BloodElfDen.blp
HuntersHall.blp => BloodElfHall.blp
ElvenFarm.blp => BloodElfFarm.blp
ElvenGuardTower.blp => BloodElfGuardTower.blp

Level 15

(Name)

Screenshot

Javelin Wolf Raider

Description: Wolf Raider with Javelin animations. I only added the javelin animations. There are normal and Fel versions in the rar. You're free to edit as you wish, don't need to ask me, or request me to do that job :p
Filesize: 90kb
Credits: Ujimasa Hojo's optimized Raider.
Path:

full

Anyone willing to make this exact rider but with a warlock instead of spearman? I've been looking for something like that for so long.