• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's 2D Manipulation Workshop

Level 23
ZHRBuYc.png

Can I get some kind of soft background glow on this? It's the same color as my command card so people tend not to notice it's a passive skill with a relevant tooltip.

Level 23
Last edited:
Level 8
@Edge45 I guess I could have a go at the icon requests at the very least. :p

@Wisdom Nice find! I put this together yesterday just in case he couldn't find the old request; might as well upload it.

Attachments

• BTNArcherRecolor.JPG
    BTNArcherRecolor.JPG
    3.4 KB · Views: 61
Level 8
@ForgottenNightmare I thought that you were referring to a custom map! All good. :p

I put this together real quick. It's essentially a re-colour but it's a start (not sure how to make it undead and tropical atm).

Attachments

• BTNScourgeBuildSunkenRuins (Test).jpg
    BTNScourgeBuildSunkenRuins (Test).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 110
Level 8
@doom_sheep I'm not sure if you were referring to an existing icon but I decided to make one from (relative) scratch. If you still want me to go back and edit an existing icon, just let me know. I can edit these as well; for example in the second image, I added faint red eyes to the skull (hardly noticeable...) so if want them gone, just say the word.

Attachments

• BTNSkullStaff.jpeg
    BTNSkullStaff.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 72
  • BTNSkullStaffRibbon.jpeg
    BTNSkullStaffRibbon.jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 103
Level 8
talking about this

your icon is great

Thought so (I tried to add the crack in the skull as well). Glad you liked it! :D

I feel like it could definitely use some more sharpness, more contrast. But the artistry is good.

Cheers! Yeah I know, digital drawing with a mouse is the bane of my existence! Might have to invest in one of those fancy tablets in the near future or simply go back and work on the icon a little more. Maybe over the weekend.

Level 8
@doom_sheep So I had a quick crack at it and came up with this. It's more of a light brown but I can easily go back and make it darker if necessary. Also, my re-tinted aura came out with a hint of original light blue directly along the edges of the scroll but it kinda works.

OriginalRecolor
BTNBansheeMaster.JPGBTNBansheeMasterEdit.JPG

Level 28
Sorry if I'm being super annoying here, but I can't just list out all the request I need for the future, but I think just once right now.

Can someone please edit the icon of Ogre Magi with the Spirit Walker's Ethereal Form look-alike? Maybe with a little bit transparent looking Ogre Magi with glowing eyes.