• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me with my spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Could someone show me how to make this same effect with just a couple of trggers insted of about 9-13,,

sorry i dont kno how to make image show in thread so i added attachment

Attachments

• Magic.JPG
    Magic.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 93
Level 10
Like this

Ok thanks becuase iv seen spells like this
and i tried that but failed xD:vw_wtf:
and forget about the
For each (Integer B) from 1 to 120, do (Actions)
cause iv tried changing that to integer A

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 104
Level 20
Could someone show me how to make this same effect with just a couple of trggers insted of about 9-13,,

sorry i dont kno how to make image show in thread so i added attachment

Do it like this
  • Set Loc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set Loc2 = (Loc offset by 450.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 30.00) degrees)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc2 using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc2)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
Instead of posting picture,next time select a trigger,right click it's name on the right side in Trigged Editor and click "Copy as Text". Then paste it here within [trigger][/trigger] tags.

Level 10
Thanks so much my friend that realy helps alot

IGNORE THIS!!
  • Test LOOP 2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Casting unit)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 120, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 450.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 3.00) degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Blizzard\BlizzardTarget.mdl

Level 4
Could you just describe it? I don't have access to the world editor right now, but with a good description I can freehand something that is small, mui, and easily configurable :D. It would require vJass, but you could easily change the spell without knowing anything about JASS.

Level 10
Umm sure

the caster uses thunder clap and a wave of nature is summoned then 3 secounds later another wave is summoned, it does this another 2 times and then i want a wave of ice shard to fall around me like in a circle

Like this
  • Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap
    • Actions
      • Set CastLoc = (Position of Caster)
      • Set WarperCastPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Region - Center Region 001 <gen> on (Position of Caster)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 36, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at WarperCastPoint facing ((Real((Integer A))) x 10.00) degrees
          • Set barrier[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy2 for (Owner of Caster) at WarperCastPoint facing ((Real((Integer A))) x 10.00) degrees
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy3 for (Owner of Caster) at WarperCastPoint facing ((Real((Integer A))) x 10.00) degrees
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on Test LOOP <gen>
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Test LOOP <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Test LOOP 2 <gen>
      • Wait 12.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Test LOOP 2 <gen>

then secound trigger

• Test LOOP 2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 120, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 450.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 3.00) degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Blizzard\BlizzardTarget.mdl

Level 20
Ok...first thing, using Waits isn't really good for spells but oh well,there are more fundamental things you should notice.

First thing is that you leak in both triggers.
  • Region - Center Region 001 <gen> on (Position of Caster)
Leaks (Position of Caster); replace it with CastLoc. Next thing you need to do is add custom scripts at the end of the trigger to remove those locations.
Add
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CastLoc)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_WarperCastPoint)
In the second trigger,you also leak a location so you should do the same as in first trigger.

Next thing is you can't use
in second trigger since there's no caster unit to refer to event since event is periodic. So you could use already saved unit in Caster variable and refer to it.

I suggest you read this tutorial though: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/essentials-tutorial-141191/ (You can learn what leaks are too there, if you already don't know)

Also, instead of double posting (making 2 posts in a row), just edit the previous one using
edit.gif
button.

Level 4
I have access to my world editor now, I'll crack this open and see what I can do for you.

Edit: I'm mostly done, did you want this doing any damage or is it purely aesthetic?

Edit2: been done for a bit, I guess I'll just upload the map. This implementation of the spell does no damage, it just has the aesthetics. Fully configurable, easy to change almost any aspect of the spell just by changing the numbers at the top. I left some pretty descriptive comments for you :). It doesn't leak, and it will work for as many units as you want, casting it as many times as they can. Well... only 8200 instances of the spell can run at the same time, but that is wc3 array limitations for you :D. This does require NewGen.

Attachments

• zz.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.