• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help – unit's minimap display visible only to a certain player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
This should be posted in the World Edit Help Zone.

The method I would use:
- Disable minimap display for all units you want.
- Now, make a dummy with no model, and has minimap display. Create one of these for each unit you want, and use a looping trigger to make sure they are always at the same location.
- When you want to hide a hero from the minimap, simply make his dummy unit invisible.

Level 6
but woudn't it display the heroes icon on the upper left part of the screen too?
and like what you said it's the same with Mortred. and mortred's Blur cannot be detected by true sight as well. no minimap display would show up even you have true sight.

Level 6
There are two types of invisibility:
Invisible and Burrowed. You can set a gem to only show Invisible units, and set the invis type for these dummy units to Burrowed.

yes I've already thought of that just now..the only problem left for me is how do I make the dummy non-hero unit's minimap display similar with a heroes' minimap display? I don't see field in the OE to do this..

EDIT:
nevermind that..haha I see that there's a Stats - Hide Hero Interface Icon = T/F in the OE ..thanks for the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.