• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fun with the undead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok. My nephew is obsessed with the undead race. Even more obsessed with Spartans. Is there any way that some one could make an undead Spartan warrior that I can use as a hero. If there is one already made, can some one link it for me? Thanks and +Rep.

Level 3
Thank you both for your links but unfortunately the 1st post's download only makes a grey untargetable shadow and the 2nd I cannot implement cuz of lack of model portrait field in the object editor. I use the regular world editor and not the NewGen WE, so that might be where my problem is.

Openned the editor in the NewGen and it doesn't have the portrait option either. I am at a loss to how the 2nd one is implemented.

Last edited:
Level 3

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=3osb0u&p=tutorial_import
To use a portrait you need to write the right path to make it work. Not in the object editor.

In the importing of the tools tutorial, it shows in the object editor a line with: Model-Portrait that you affix the file to. I understand the full paths but not where to load them in the object editor. If you still don't know what I am talking about, read the short tutorial.

The link works just fine for me... And yes I understand the tutorial as I stated earlier. What I don't understand is the bold line you asked me to read twice.... There's only 1 changeable model line in the editor that is already linked with a previous file from a previous step. So where do I link the 2nd file? And that is where I'm stuck. I am extremely new to importing since I have only been playing for 3 weeks and programming for 2. I don't mean to ask so many questions and ask for simple explanations, but if I don't I won't learn at all. So stating to read what already stumped me, will not help. We were all noobs once. I just want to learn and be able to help others when I do.

Last edited:
Level 12
The link is not working. And do you mean this tutorial, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=3osb0u&p=tutorial_import?
If you read better where it stands "Bind model portrait to object". It stands:
A portrait is the little camera view in front of an object's face. You can see the object's mouth moving when the object talks. When working with destructibles, you can set their portrait file. But with units, the portrait file just needs to have the model files name, ending with a '_portrait'.

Level 3
This looks more like a not visible Ghost.. not like a Skeleton-like Undead Spartan :p

How about using this RPG Skeleton and adding my attachments to it? Should work pretty well :)

Thank you Tr!KzZ for your wonderful skeletons. Now my problem is getting your attachments to work. As of now, they are taking the place of the skeletons so I am left with floating swords. How would I make a skeleton holding a spear with your helmet on appear all at once?

Thank you Tr!KzZ for your wonderful skeletons. Now my problem is getting your attachments to work. As of now, they are taking the place of the skeletons so I am left with floating swords. How would I make a skeleton holding a spear with your helmet on appear all at once?

Use the "sphere" abillity and change the effects to the attachment, and the attachment points to the parts of the skeleton you want to carry the weapons/shields. Then give the skeleton your new ability.

Level 3
Use the "sphere" abillity and change the effects to the attachment, and the attachment points to the parts of the skeleton you want to carry the weapons/shields. Then give the skeleton your new ability.

Way lost after adding the "sphere" ability. These are the 1st attempts at importing that I have made and am stuck. As a practice run, I made a custom peasant and turned it into the rpg skeleton that is posted above. I went into the object editor and added the sphere ability to the 2nd ability line for the peasant. I have no idea what to do next. If anyone has the time to explain what to do step by step, since I'm a total nooblet, I would really appreciate it and will +rep for your time.

Level 15
You copy the sphere skill to be a custom skill, then you have to edit it:
-Delete the line Missile Art
-Change Art-Target to your attachment (sword OR helmet)
-To Target Attachment Point 1 delete what's in it and write "head" for helmet and "hand""right" for the sword (in 2 strings!)
-Delete what's in Target Attachment Point 2 and 3
-Change Art-Target Attachments to 1 (number of attachment points you're using)
-Change Cooldown to 0(or 0.01 not sure ATM-use this because this way it'll surely work)
-Name it to Spartan Helmet/Sword
-Give the new ability to the unit!
-Repeat with the other attachment

Level 3
You copy the sphere skill to be a custom skill, then you have to edit it:
-Delete the line Missile Art
-Change Art-Target to your attachment (sword OR helmet)
-To Target Attachment Point 1 delete what's in it and write "head" for helmet and "hand""right" for the sword (in 2 strings!)
-Delete what's in Target Attachment Point 2 and 3
-Change Art-Target Attachments to 1 (number of attachment points you're using)
-Change Cooldown to 0(or 0.01 not sure ATM-use this because this way it'll surely work)
-Name it to Spartan Helmet/Sword
-Give the new ability to the unit!
-Repeat with the other attachment

I followed your tutorial and was unable to make the attatchments appear. The Undead Spartan runs around unarmed. I will list what I did for the helmet so you can tell me what to add/change to fix it.

1. Created new skill using Shere ability.
2. Was unable to figure out how to delete the line Missle Art, so I just deleted the model that was on it.
3. Changed Art-Target to: war3mapImported\Spartan Helmet.mdx (this is the helmet file) and deleted the line that was originally there at default.
4. Deleted what was in Target Attatchment Point 1 and typed head (also typed it with the " but it still didn't display helm).
5. Deleted what was in Target Attatchment Point 2 and 3.
6. Changed Art-Target Attatchments to 1.
7. Changed Cooldown to 0.01
8. Changed Name to Spartan Helmet
9. Gave abitlity to unit.

Thanks in advance. :goblin_boom:

EDIT

I made all but the shield appear. I sent you the link in a PM, kanadaj.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.