• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Friggin Crazy - Can Items use Cargo ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Indeed, crazy, probably not possible, but.

Can you for example, add the cargo, load, and unload spell to an item, granting the hero a cargo ability, loading through the item. (And probably loading by breaking the item.)

I'm trying now, so far, doesn't work.

Anything similar to anyone's knowledge, or is this so far out there that its a bit bonkers without some long trigger sequence?

Level 3
It actually works with a single spell book.

BUT, if you drop, in this case a bag of devouring, on the floor, it doesn't keep the data of having loaded a unit the next time you pick it up.

Level 11
It actually works with a single spell book.

BUT, if you drop, in this case a bag of devouring, on the floor, it doesn't keep the data of having loaded a unit the next time you pick it up.

Well, then you could store that unit in a variable or hashtable. But only store it if the item is dropped. That's quite a bit of work though.

EDIT*
Oh, When I said try the spellbook, I meant as a unit ability. Does it have to be an item?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
SC2 beats this where you can quite literally load an item as cargo or load cargo into an item since items are units in SC2.

I would be careful with this as dropping the item might cause all kinds of state inconsistencies and potentially load to crashes. Obviously if it does crash is another question but it certainly is the type of thing that is usually crash prone.

Level 3
SC2 beats this where you can quite literally load an item as cargo or load cargo into an item since items are units in SC2.

I would be careful with this as dropping the item might cause all kinds of state inconsistencies and potentially load to crashes. Obviously if it does crash is another question but it certainly is the type of thing that is usually crash prone.

Most likely, the first red flag is that when the cargo is lost upon dropping the item, is that the food count doesn't decrease, the data is just floating in the wind and is likely to cause SOME sort of problem.

All the same an interesting experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.