• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Earth shield spell request!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello, I need Earth shield spell

How it works:
Protects the target with an earthen shield, it damages all enemy for xx damage(configurable) , and causing attacks to heal the shielded target for half amount damage. 9(configurable) charges. Lasts xx(configurable) min. This effect can only occur once every xx(2s-3s)(Configurable) seconds.

Earth Shield can only be placed on one target at a time.

GUI, MUI please, +REP AND CREDITS WILL BE GIVEN.

Last edited:
Level 10
Well it can be placed on one target at a time, if you cast on your self earth shield on other target will remove, or if you have earth shield on yourself and you cast on your friend shield will be removed from you. Don't know how to describe. Have you ever played world of warcraft?

Level 33
So, this ability can only activate one instance in the game progress ?
Like if we have 5 units (A, B, C, D, E), if A cast it to B, then D cast it to E, the first shield (A to B) will be removed ?

Or is it one instance for one caster ?

Level 10
Yea I think u got the point.

My English is very poor, but I'll try to describe again:

There is A, B, C. A is the one who have the spell.

A cast on A. After n seconds(buff is still on with few charges left), A decides to recast spell, but on B. buff on A removes and casts on B. Then A recast spells on C(there is still charges left on B), buff is removed from B and C gets the buff. :D

Level 33
Your English is great, it's just that perhaps your understanding of programming/coding is different with your English understanding.

The word you're looking for is one instance per caster.

One last question, does this ability can be possessed with more than 1 unit at a time in the game ?
Or is it a unique ability ? (only 1 unit at a time in the game can possess this ability).

Level 33
If it is a unique ability, it should not be MUI lol.
I believe others can do this for you (because it does not requires MUI).
If this thread is still unsolved (no one is willing to help you), I'll PM you the test map later.

Status
Not open for further replies.