• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Master triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im making a map that will feature a player who acts as a dungeon master, creating monsters and writing responses from npc on the fly.

Was wondering if there was a similar resource already available for this and if someone could push me in the right direction?

Level 24
Spawning units can be done via spells.
You can either trigger all spawns or find a nice summoning spell that will fit your needs.
If you use spell books 100% properly, you can even control the summons with shared cooldown and stuff.

But that is indeed not the biggest problem in here.
Changing NPC texts requires full knowledge about how your NPC's chat is made.
If properly made, this can be put in a single chat command... with a little piece of code which can do stuff properly. (converting chat string into real string)
I could do this one... but am currently making 9 systems at once and doing 2 projects... and that is only WC3.

However, this can be interesting... could I see the map?

Level 2
thanks for the responses.

I just started working on the terrain, this is like a brand new project for me (in fact I just rebought the wc3/tft client this saturday.)

However, I have a screenshot of an old map that this will be based off of. In the screenshot you can see various places (castles/caves/etc..). That's how this map will be. I was thinking maybe I should have a unit that appears invisible and just makes whatever unit I want. Im still brainstorming how I could accomplish the DM stuff. After i finish the terrain, I want to build the resources for the DM, and then move on to spells for the main character.

Attachments

• myoldmap.jpg
    myoldmap.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 74
Level 2
Im not sure if putting NPC on the terrain is a good idea, or just using triggers to create them once the game has started. Thats why im hesitant to put down NPCs on the map. Right now I'm just making the entire map terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.