• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy spells Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Hive Community, if someone could be so kind as to explain in great detail how to create a dummy spell and which variables to use and why they were used, with an example map i'd be more than appreciative. A good example spell could be a beam attack or a dash attack of some sort. I'm trying to learn a great deal about map making and i really could do more if i fully understood dummy spells/dummy casters/Dummy Units. Thank you Hive Community for your time and any effort spent on assisting me in the pursuit of knowledge.:ogre_haosis:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

What do you define as a dummy spell ?

There are more than enough tutorials about basic spell creation in the tutorial section ( CTRL + 5 and type in 'spell')

Level 2
Well i already searched that area and i couldn't really find what i was looking for. A good example of what i would be looking for is something like a beam attack were you would take point variables and use them to set up a cool spell visual display or using a dummy unit and making a cool dash visual. a good example of what i am looking for is here http://chaosrealm.info/topic/7659191/1/#new, Sure i can download the map and look at the triggers, or even copy and paste them, but i wouldn't learn anything. I need explanation. Which variables to use? ok i can clearly look at that and see what they used, but then i'm left wondering why they used them, why did they create so many? I learn a lot better from detailed explanation and hands-on experience rather than looking at a "puzzle" and trying to figure out the pieces. I sincerely appreciate any help that anyone here can provide.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Maybe take a look on this spell: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/persistent-beam-v1-8-a-270222/

To be honest, what you request requires advanced knowledge of the trigger editor, even if you know all basics ( which you seem not to) it will be hell to understand what is going on. Spells of this difficulty are not rarely seen for no reason.
If you like to learn something more easy, I will gladly help you, but the current proposal is very advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.