• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Charge-Up Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I need a GUI/MUI spell that charges itself (Lets say based on bloodlust) with each cast, the charges gradually increase damage (+4/+5/+6..etc) until it reaches its maximum. After the unit/hero attacks one time the charges fade away. The ability should have a buff which if removed would remove the charges or should last about one minute.

+rep and credit in my campaign guaranteed. Good Luck!

Level 22
It's not perfect but I hope it works the way you want it. If you find some problem or need some change regarding the spell, just contact me.

Edit: I forgot that you want the buff to be removed whenever the unit attack once. But I think it's best to use DDS for that, let me know if you need help with this one.

Attachments

• Bloodlust.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: ILH
Level 12
Here...
I'm using GDD to make it work.
There are a JASS version and a GUI version on this map.
Do have in mind, that if you aren't using GDD, you'll need to change some variables to make the "OnDmg" trigger work.
(I was thinking to make a built-in DDS for this skill, but decided not to make it too complicated, as you most likely already have a DDS on your map)

View attachment WorldEditTestMap.w3x

Describtion of how it works on this sample map:
1) When a unit uses the Charge-up strike - it checks if its the 1-st time the unit has used it.
a) if it is - it sets the "times used" to 1
b) if it's not - it sets the "times used" to +1

2) 60 seconds after the 1-st time the skill is used. If the effect hasn't been used - the bonus dmg and the buff are removed.

3) If a the buff is dispelled - you lose the bonus dmg from it.

4) When you damage a unit, while you have the buff - the buff it removed, the dmg bonus is nullified, and you deal bonus damage equal to 3+(times charged up). You can easily configure the bonus damage in the GUI version (in the JASS one too, if you know JASS)

NOTES:
I) You do NOT see the bonus damage anywhere.
II) You do NOT see time remaining for the buff.

Tell me if you want these "fixed".
( I could fix (I) in 2 ways: make it give you a "green" bonus damage in the damage field // OR // when the unit deals damage - display the bonus damage with a floating text ;
While I could fix (II) by adding a timer window, showing how much time remains)

Last edited:
Reactions: ILH
Level 12
Here...
I'm using GDD to make it work.
There are a JASS version and a GUI version on this map.
Do have in mind, that if you aren't using GDD, you'll need to change some variables to make the "OnDmg" trigger work.
(I was thinking to make a built-in DDS for this skill, but decided not to make it too complicated, as you most likely already have a DDS on your map)

View attachment 152301

Describtion of how it works on this sample map:
1) When a unit uses the Charge-up strike - it checks if its the 1-st time the unit has used it.
a) if it is - it sets the "times used" to 1
b) if it's not - it sets the "times used" to +1

2) 60 seconds after the 1-st time the skill is used. If the effect hasn't been used - the bonus dmg and the buff are removed.

3) If a the buff is dispelled - you lose the bonus dmg from it.

4) When you damage a unit, while you have the buff - the buff it removed, the dmg bonus is nullified, and you deal bonus damage equal to 3+(times charged up). You can easily configure the bonus damage in the GUI version (in the JASS one too, if you know JASS)

NOTES:
I) You do NOT see the bonus damage anywhere.
II) You do NOT see time remaining for the buff.

Tell me if you want these "fixed".
( I could fix (I) in 2 ways: make it give you a "green" bonus damage in the damage field // OR // when the unit deals damage - display the bonus damage with a floating text ;
While I could fix (II) by adding a timer window, showing how much time remains)
The whole thing looks lovely. The time is not important.
The "green" damage bonus version sounds the most logical. It would inform the player how much damage he has charged up. :)

Level 12
There :)
You should know tho - I didn't touch the JASS triggers tho, so they are still using the old version :p
And now you don't need to touch the triggers to configure the damage bonus - you simply set it in 1 extra ability I made :)
(Fixed a bit the initial trigger too)

EDIT: Just realized I set the damage to 3/4/5/etc.. instead of 4/5/6/etc... but you can fix that yourself :p
EDIT 2: Actually wait 2-3 min, I'll improve this a bit further.
EDIT 3: Fixed the damage amount, but couldn't completely get rid of the hashtable (without starting to use the unit's custom value)... oh, well..

Attachments

• WorldEditTestMap.w3x
    25.7 KB · Views: 48
Level 12
There :)
You should know tho - I didn't touch the JASS triggers tho, so they are still using the old version :p
And now you don't need to touch the triggers to configure the damage bonus - you simply set it in 1 extra ability I made :)
(Fixed a bit the initial trigger too)

EDIT: Just realized I set the damage to 3/4/5/etc.. instead of 4/5/6/etc... but you can fix that yourself :p
EDIT 2: Actually wait 2-3 min, I'll improve this a bit further.
EDIT 3: Fixed the damage amount, but couldn't completely get rid of the hashtable (without starting to use the unit's custom value)... oh, well..

This is awesome. It's exactly what i was looking for. Good job! :)
+rep and credit in my map. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.