• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can you check this map Please ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r64dzah45rpcpv0/Pokemon+[Tag+Team]+4.0.w3x

This is my request :D

When you guys have time check the map in single player if it is PLAYABLE to your pc or if your pc FREEZES or if u get any CRASH/ERROR.

In case that this is not the right section of the forum to make this question , then i apologize...

I am new at forum :p

Please guys , Garena is dead ( literally ) Game ranger have problems ( for me ) and the ENT have no community ( like Garena ) and when someone joins my host i have to convice him to download the hiveworkshop 8MB Limit patch and then check it and nobody trusts zipped files even from hiveworkshop.

So you guys are my only left option , i want you guys to check the map on single player and tell me if it works.

It works PERFECT for me but i have some........Friends who claim that their pc Freeze ( they are i5 core and 8 gb ram while i am i3 and 4 gb ram ).

It is sad to have the best ( for me at least ) pokemon map in Warcraft 3 history and not be able to play with friends.

When ever you have time , check it please and leave feedback here , tell me if it worked for you...

Thanks in advance !

EDIT:

For those who are.........Worried ! =============> https://www.metascan-online.com/#!/results/file/9fb4d76bbd2f435caa97db0e6c8fc36a/regular

Last edited:
Level 1
Lol wut , i thought that only zipped files are suspicious....

Well , at least there is a solution to this problem , the sad scenario would be to tell me that there is no way for you ( or anyone else ) to check that map.

Also...

Also thanks for the quick answer but there is a small problem...

Until i find this ( vietnamese ) map , i was searching for long time in chinese sites and the maps were given to me in ZIP so i was forced to custom scan them with mal ware bytes.

Ofcourse this was taking me a hell of a time and it was boring.

Is there any other way to scan for viruses that file?

I mean , i click " Custom " scan of the folder that it has the map inside but when malwarebytes start to scan it scans all my pc -_-

I can install any Antivirus u tell me right now so i will make the quick check up for that file.

Else i will do it with malwarebytes....

Thanks man..

EDIT:

Well....

Sometimes i hurry so much to write a post....

I should be checking the post other people make twice....

Anyway...

Now i saw what you meant " Scan the file " , after i already....Posted :p

First of all i must thank you.....

I lost hours or even days scanning my pc again n again in every zip i was downloading from chinese site and ofcourse i am done with searching now...

But...It is always good to have such an amazing tool even if now it is short of useless to me...

Thanks again for the meta scan thing....It is pretty useful , wish i had it 2 months ago .....

The Results of the scan for the pokemon map:

https://www.metascan-online.com/#!/results/file/9fb4d76bbd2f435caa97db0e6c8fc36a/regular

Ok, I just tested it in single-player. The map lags a little, but there were no issues that affected Warcraft 3. I think your friends are just giving you excuse not to install 8 MB limit patch.

The map should work on ENT without 8 MB limit by passer patch. ENT has maximum of 32 MB map size limit. Your friends can play the map on ENT without having to install anything.

No problem about the scan thing, glad to help you. :)

Level 1
Ok, I just tested it in single-player. The map lags a little, but there were no issues that affected Warcraft 3. I think your friends are just giving you excuse not to install 8 MB limit patch.

The map should work on ENT without 8 MB limit by passer patch. ENT has maximum of 32 MB map size limit. Your friends can play the map on ENT without having to install anything.

No problem about the scan thing, glad to help you. :)

No , actually they didn't even test it , when i saw how amazing it was and i told them , we all installed the patch instantly and we tried on GameRanger and ENT.

There was the part where we saw that i was the only one to make it through the loading screen and reach the game.

The others pc freezed out and they had to restart the pc...

Also...No....I even convice a " Random " guy today on ENT to install the patch but he did something wrong and failed to join my game.

He was getting auto-kicked instantly the moment he was trying to join.

To access 8 MB ++ maps ( even on ENT ) needs the patch...

-----

Anyway , thank you very much for your effort and the time you spent for testing the map if it is playable.

I really appreciate it.

+ Rep

No , actually they didn't even test it , when i saw how amazing it was and i told them , we all installed the patch instantly and we tried on GameRanger and ENT.

There was the part where we saw that i was the only one to make it through the loading screen and reach the game.

The others pc freezed out and they had to restart the pc...

Also...No....I even convice a " Random " guy today on ENT to install the patch but he did something wrong and failed to join my game.

He was getting auto-kicked instantly the moment he was trying to join.

To access 8 MB ++ maps ( even on ENT ) needs the patch...

-----

Anyway , thank you very much for your effort and the time you spent for testing the map if it is playable.

I really appreciate it.

+ Rep

It could be a weird coincidence that their PC's freezed. Or.. they were dropped out due to desync.

Maybe the map has some desync problems? Did you try some other maps that were above 8 MB limit?

I could join in a multiplayer map, you could host it. If that doesn't happen to me then they should reinstall Warcraft 3. Tomorrow I will be up for it. :)

Level 1
It could be a weird coincidence that their PC's freezed. Or.. they were dropped out due to desync.

Maybe the map has some desync problems? Did you try some other maps that were above 8 MB limit?

I could join in a multiplayer map, you could host it. If that doesn't happen to me then they should reinstall Warcraft 3. Tomorrow I will be up for it. :)

I did not try other above 8 MB maps and it is unlikely a desync to be the problem since i GOT desynced a few times and i know how exactly it happens.

My friends never succeed on loading the game.

They simply got their pc freezed while they were on the loading process.

Anyway i may host ( if u are available ) tommorow so we check.

Meanwhile , i am gonna host another 20 MB map anime i have and check with friends how it goes...

I did not try other above 8 MB maps and it is unlikely a desync to be the problem since i GOT desynced a few times and i know how exactly it happens.

My friends never succeed on loading the game.

They simply got their pc freezed while they were on the loading process.

Anyway i may host ( if u are available ) tommorow so we check.

Meanwhile , i am gonna host another 20 MB map anime i have and check with friends how it goes...

The map's description does say that you need to play the map on "medium" or higher setting. This could be the cause of crash since loading screen is animated and probably why it requires at least medium setting to work.

Are your friends playing War3 on high or medium setting?

Level 1
The map's description does say that you need to play the map on "medium" or higher setting. This could be the cause of crash since loading screen is animated and probably why it requires at least medium setting to work.

Are your friends playing War3 on high or medium setting?

High setting , also i didn't saw any description... :p

And how is this even possible with a i5 processor and 8 Giga ram.

Anyway...

We tried another 20 MB map on Game Ranger and it worked fine.

Then we gone ENT , i hosted and my friend joined but i couldn't join the game , it was throwing my out as if i had NO PATCH at all.

I said ok , it might be problem of ENT...

My friend hosts and he joins but i couldn't join...

So i don't know what is the problem anymore...

Ofcourse we talk about 2 different things...

My friend get his pc freezed because ( probably ) of the animated loading screen and i cannot join 20 MB map on ENT.

By the way , the 14 MB pokemon map i can join it on ENT.

Weird stuff...

Some maps works for me ( On ENT always ) some others doesn't....

But i am getting oFF-TOPIC.

Thanks for the advice , i will tell him to lower everything on Medium !!!

Level 1
A Void....

I appreciate your advice about lowering the settings....

You actually gave us the SOLUTION but not exactly the way you thought... :D

You told us to lower the settings cause the pc couldn't handle the graphics of map.

My friend wasn't lowering the settings , so I LOWERED the settings from High to LOW then to MEDIUM.

In low and medium my .... ( actually my warcraft 3 ) was FREEZING and i had to open task manager.

It was freezing on loading screen.

My friend say " Awww pc freezed " because he is not in WINDOWED MODE of wc3 as i am.

So , the MINIMUM requirement for this map is HIGHEST settings and resolution.

This is how we solved the problem.

In the very end it appeared that i am the one who has the problem and not my friends , since i experience problem with some big MB maps on ENT and i cannot join my host or others host.

I can't really think of any solution on that since the SAME map was able to play on Game Ranger.

I don't know what is wrong with me , with patch , with my pc and with ENT.

You know.....I won't really bother with this and i don't want to drag you into this , since the map i couldn't play , wasn't from my favorites , in fact , i did not even like it.

I just report the problem that some big sized maps cannot be joined in ENT even if u have the patch !!

Thanks again very much for you help A Void.

Level 1
The map's description does say that you need to play the map on "medium" or higher setting.

Grim... I think you misunderstood A Void.
He told you that you should set Warcraft 3 to MAX graphic settings, not the lowest.

xD

Well , now that you mentioned it....

-_-

Eh...

Well , we all are humans and we fail from time to time :p

Anyway , even if i misunderstood his advice , he helped me alot and if it wasn't him , we would still be searching " Why the stupid map doesn't play on my friends but only at me " :D

Thanks again man !!!

In the description of the map it said that you had to play the map in at-least medium or low settings. I tried playing it at low and it freezes at the loading screen. I guess we found the solution.

The description of the map is misleading, playing it at low causes Warcraft 3 to freeze.

2u5ceut.png

Status
Not open for further replies.