• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Magic ability needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello dudes,we talking here about a ability called "Blood Magic".
So what is it?
Its a passive ability,that converts the mana to health,that converts the mana regeneration to health regeneration,that transfer intelligence stats to strength stats,and all abilities now uses health,not mana.
This is not all,the intelligence tome gives strength with that passive ability,and when the health of the hero reaches 1 hp,then he can't no more use the abilities.
So i mean when the ability cost him 150 hp,and he have 150 hp he can't use it.
So please teach me how to create this trigger!!!!!
P.S. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! :ogre_haosis:
P.S.S.with teach me ,i mean make it for me,and place the attachment of the map that have this trigger,here on this threader ,or where u think,that i will see it.

P.S.S.S.i don't need it now,i need it for a project that will be uploadet SOON.

Level 24
I once made an item that changed all mana cost to health cost.
It is not that hard but you require some stuff to be set correctly and you need good use of timers... Yes, you need proper JASS, not crappy GUI.

Changing Intelligence to Strength is also no problem at all.

Changing mana to health is also easy using the SetUnitMaxState library.

Changing mana regeneration to health regeneration is almost impossible.
I do know of a way to completely deny regeneration but I have no possible way to determine how much regeneration a unit has.

So only if you accept it to not let mana regeneration be hp regeneration, only then I can make it.
Or you use a stat system keeping track of a units stats and modifying them... but in that case, you wouldnt be here to ask other people to do it.

Level 11
Wouldn't you already be doing the mana/Health thing using gameplay constants and object editor? I mean technically If you transfer stats, and you have it set up in Gameplay Constants, your mana Regeneration will decrease and your Health Regeneration will increase when the stat's are transferred. By Default mana regeneration is 0.01 on Heroes so if all Heros have that amount, Gameplay Constants is the way to go.

If each unit has a different health and mana regeneration rate, then it get's trickier. You would have to do something to get the rate of change of mana regenerated over time then subtract the static amount that's in gameplay constants from that rate to get the actual unit regeneration. Then have another timer that add's that amount each second to the unit's health. Or something ridiculous like that.

I once made an item that changed all mana cost to health cost.
It is not that hard but you require some stuff to be set correctly and you need good use of timers... Yes, you need proper JASS, not crappy GUI.

Changing Intelligence to Strength is also no problem at all.

Changing mana to health is also easy using the SetUnitMaxState library.

Changing mana regeneration to health regeneration is almost impossible.
I do know of a way to completely deny regeneration but I have no possible way to determine how much regeneration a unit has.

So only if you accept it to not let mana regeneration be hp regeneration, only then I can make it.
Or you use a stat system keeping track of a units stats and modifying them... but in that case, you wouldnt be here to ask other people to do it.
Deal,btw. thanks.

Level 24
Something like this.

The regeneration is not copied.
There is no check if the unit has enough hp to cast the spell.
You can make this by making a trigger that runs when your unit is ordered to cast a spell and check if his life is bigger than a certain amount but it is not generic.
In this, the mana cost is replaced by health cost.

You still see a filled mana bar though and the unit does have mana to be able to cast the spell.
If you want to remove these, you have to set the mana cost in the object editor to 0 and trigger the cost yourself.

Attachments

• Blood Magic 0.1.w3x
    35.1 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.