• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alternative Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello dear mapmakers
I want to ask you gurus of mapping To help me
I need to create one refreshing, alternative attack protection and racial upgrades
(attack) (Defens) (Longbow) (Animal Training) (Bersercs Furry) for all types of soldiers including heroes 30 levels of upgrades
can help us in this matter?
Not using standard editor upgrades

Level 3
You will need to be more specific and give more details in your explanation.
Sorry I have some dificulty whith english
upgrades attack and defense in Alliance blacksmith (sword) (shield) but that would not touch the standard upgrades,for this reason alternative i want but dont know how to make

Level 5
Sorry I have some dificulty whith english
upgrades attack and defense in Alliance blacksmith (sword) (shield) but that would not touch the standard upgrades,for this reason alternative i want but dont know how to make

If I understand you correctly... You want to make Custom Upgrades and add them to already existing ones? You can just create New Upgrade and give them to unit by changing it's 'Techtree - Upgrades Used' field. Tested it right now and my footman was affected by 2 damage upgrades, if that's not what you ment, or you want both upgrade icons shown, I can't help :(

Level 3
If I understand you correctly... You want to make Custom Upgrades and add them to already existing ones? You can just create New Upgrade and give them to unit by changing it's 'Techtree - Upgrades Used' field. Tested it right now and my footman was affected by 2 damage upgrades, if that's not what you ment, or you want both upgrade icons shown, I can't help :(

Nooo i dont want to use standart upgrades they are bugged after hig lvl upgrade, I want some other upgrades dont know how to du whith triggers or other,for example I used a dummy upgrade for 500 gold then attack damage of all units rise

Level 3
Strange, I could swear I saw them working up to multiple hundred levels...

Maybe a modify property system then? When a unit is created apply upgrade level times some constant amount of a certain property.

I dont know how to do that, but i need it

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Are all consumable items like this?
Only consume on pickup. If the item is in inventory, is charged and has all its charges consumed then it will be automatically removed.

If the item is consume on pickup, is picked up and automatically used then the item itself will only be killed and remain on the ground forever.

Why this happens I do not know. Maybe it was for a possible "power up" system intended for TFT but axed due to not fitting in. In theory one could resurrect the dead items (easy to implement into the game engine I would imagine) so that they could be re-used again. A sort of respawning power up system. However no such system exists and instead you get leaked items left on your map to eat up resources (especially graphics, as the model is not unloaded and left at the end of the death animation).

Level 7
I remember having to do it to all my tomes and recipes that I based of tomes. Glad I don't need to check all my charged items.

Seems like they got sloppy and just shrunk the model down really small. So use on pick up actually means use and drop on pickup. Is it possible to pick the small item up again (maybe through triggers)?

Status
Not open for further replies.