• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Domination- The New Gen of Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The Reason
Hi everyone, thanks for taking a look at the thread. I am currently working on a Risk based map. (such as Risk Devo or WoW Risk) I enjoy playing Risk games and have been a fan of them for a long time, but I'm interested in making a risk map that features more than the same-old basic playing style that most Risk maps seem to offer. Quite frankly, as dedicated a risk player as I am, 6 years of playing has given me the desire to make something other than simply another theme based on Risk

The Goal
My goal is to create a map with the polish of Risk Devolution and gameplay unique from that of any risk that offers the risk fan-base more interactive gameplay, more stratgies, and options. I'd like to create a game that is different that will be completely different than any a Warcraft player has ever experienced, and I'm going to put in all the effort I can into doing this.

My Experience
I consider myself to be a decent map maker, silently making halfway finished maps before starting a new one. Each time I've done so, I've aquired a rather well-rounded ability in every aspect of of Wc3 editing, but excel especially in none. While silent on the forums, I have been around the modding community for years. What I lack in special skills I make up for in sheer determination, when I want to make something, I go out and learn everything about it so I can make it exactly how I envision it. I'm done half-finishing maps, World Risk will be my completed project. With or without help from others, this project will rank among the best.

Why Am I Recruiting?
The reason I'm recruiting is because I'd like to add another's creativity and mapping abilities to the project to make the map reach it's full potential. The map is about 30% complete. The map's setting are the continents, including Antartica. I am looking for 1-2 experienced map makers to help me with the project. I am looking for someone good at making realistic terrain, as I aim to make the map's geographical features as perfect as possible. I am also looking for someone interested in implementing a wide variety of gameplay options which allow for completely different strategies each time played. Another position open is GUI editing, I want the game to look different than any other Risk themed map.

So Far
As of now, this map could be released and be the same as any other risk map. Now I'm at the stage where I'm working on the aspects that will make this game truly shine. Some features I am working on to set this apart from the other Risk maps are a unique ally system which handicaps units based on the number of allies, units gaining experience and rank, terrain height (dis)advantages, upgradeable territories, banking, and options to allow Medieval, Space, or classic Risk theme. I am very open to your idea's and suggestion's for the map as long as we maintain a common goal. I plan to have the BETA version of the map released by summertime. If you are interested, post here or email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance and I look forward to mapping with you soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.