• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strategy game: The World of Or

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is the new offical recruitment thread for the World of Or

What is The World of Or?
The World of Or is very basically a Warcraft 3-strategy game without food-limit and wood-costs for creating units (Tech includes wood-costs).
We replace the air-untis by different kinds of ships wich will cause players to have fascinating sea fights! (4 ships/ race :D)

Going into detail:
It's a map based on a book, wich is currently written by Stormwarriors2. The map of Or is very big, as you can see here: (size: 480x224)

attachment.php

Some terrain-examples:

Path:
attachment.php

Ice-Pass:
attachment.php

Island afternoon:
attachment.php

Mountain-Pass afternoon version
attachment.php

Mountain-Pass night version:
attachment.php

First victims of the war...
attachment.php

It includes 2 Factions attacking each other (6 vs 6):
The Evil-Faction (left part of map) and the Light-Faction (right part of map), while each of these include 3 races.

The Evil-Faction:

-Skeleton-Army

The Skeletons-Army is the typical unit-spam race. Its units can achieve heavy damage in big numbers. Some typical Undead wc3 units, such as Fiends, Flesh Wagons, Ghouls and Abominations are still in use. Further the basic units are skeletons now. For example: Skeletons with spears can mount on Fiends and become a strong Crypt-riders. The aim of this fraction is to turn the whole world of Or into dead swamps.

-Orcs

The orcs, in contrary to the skeletons, are very expensive and strong. They are red-skinned and live in the steppes of Or. Having new units like the Crossbow-Orc (burning units by attacks with fired quarrels), or the Orc-Rampager (destroying everything in the way with two swinging axes) the orcs seek for glory and victory, to the evil empire.

-Revenants

The Revenants are the enemies of the Human-Alliance (= the good force of the humans). They are a mixture of Humans and death-creatures not fearing anything. Aiming the defeat of the Humans primary, they want to show, that they are stronger then their Human rivals and the only race to rule the world of Or.

The Light-Faction:

-Human-Alliance

The Humans are the masters of tactical attacks. Once being three big kingdoms they decided to form an alliance and face the darkness together. From Bowmen, Catapults, Ballistas up to a cavallry wich can crush into enemy-waves causing damage and throwing hit enemies back, they have
everything. Fighting for justice in the lands of Or is their biggest aim. Even the elite Silverwind-Cavallry joins the war at their side and hopes to seal the darkness in the world forever.

-Elves

Living in the deep forests of Or, the elves watched the nature dying too long. Having the best archers of Or and enforecements of the forests, they can definitly stand a chance against their opponents. Legends say that even the holy archers of San'Dul might join the war.

-Dwarfs

The dwarfs are like bearded small humans with huge hammers, Axes and Shields. They prefer to live in the mountains and enjoy drinking more then anythone else. But at these times, even they can't ignore the upcoming war. While their stature could lead to deceiving, they in contrary are extremly persistant and definitly no enemies to underestimate.

Here are some pictures of the units we got right now for the races (5/6 races: dwarfs are in progress; Human, Elves, Orcs and Skeleton-Army are done :D)
Dwarfs:
attachment.php

Nightelves:
attachment.php

Human:
attachment.php

Orcs:
attachment.php

Skeleton-Army:
attachment.php

Each Fraction wants to rule the World of Or. In the game there will be many Buildings/Flags wich stand for areas you can occupy. The fraction which gets 90% of all the areas will win the game.

Isn't the game too simple?

The game seems pretty simple, but that's also the basic idea of a strategy game. It has to focus on tactics and teamplay, not on a complicated idea wich you have to figure out after 10 times playing. There will be triggers to clear out the counters more. For example there will be arrows wich can knockback by a certain percentage (Elite-Ranged), or cavallry that can charge into enemies, damage and kick them away as you can see here:

attachment.php

Further the game has many locations where you can attack or get attacked. Mainly there are three ways to get to the enemy:
1: Travel there by land-ways
2: Buy Transport-Ships wich can carry more units then usually
3: Buy Zeppelins who can transport over air, but less units then Ships
4. Travel with your Warship-fleet :D
(5:) Townscroll-teleport to a friendly Base

Why do I create this game?

The plan of this game is making custom-strategy games for Wc3 more popular again. I really like the idea of a real war and further love editing (expecially terraining). It's a game where you can build your city and army yourself just like in warcraft 3 with the cool advantage of really big wars. Another reason is the dwarfs. I really love this race and think it isn't used enough in strategy games, even though it has great potential!

Why do we recruit for people?

We are done with the map very far now but many of my teammates lack motivation and time to work. This makes me unmotivated and I really wish to complete the project (much is done, can be released in 1-2months). :goblin_yeah:

Current positions:
Current Positions
Projectleader: ;Prorox
Terrainer: 1/1 Terrain = Done ;Prorox
Object-data: 1/2 ;Prorox
Triggers: 1/2 ;Chewii
Ideas and map-testing: 1/2 ;King_Europe
Modelmaker: 1/2 ;Edge45
2D-Texture artist: 0/2
Sound/Voice-Artist: 1/1 ;DivineArms (Also check his cool youtube-channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DivineArms22)
Here a very short piece of the story written by Stormwarriors2 (It is about the "War of the death", the biggest War ever been in Or):

The War of the Dead

For a thousand years the newborn god reigned chaos upon the lands of Ör. The great kingdoms of Ör reviled in fear as the Great God sent his armies against the living. Even with the combined efforts of the races, the newborn god still won every battle. The Gods trembled at a god that could steal their powers away, the Sin Gods not seeing this declared war upon the Newborn god and were imprisoned within their own realms. Kingdoms fell and Only one kingdom held the Newborn god at bay. The Druids and the Gods of nature, but even with their interference they were unable to hold them back for long. Hundreds of thousands had died. Populations had gone down completely. But then came the Descendant and the largest amassing of men, elves and dwarves the world has not seen for an age...

Waiting for your comments! :)

Comment or write a private message to me, with your name and add information about your modding specialization. Beside that some examples of your work would be cool :D.
Requirements: Skype (no calling, just for the groupchat) and skills (average-good).

Attachments

• 7of5o.gif
    7of5o.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 958
  • Dwarfs.jpg
    Dwarfs.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 891
  • Elves.jpg
    Elves.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 776
  • Human.jpg
    Human.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 1,292
  • Orcs.jpg
    Orcs.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 890
  • Undead.jpg
    Undead.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 1,318
  • Burning City.png
    Burning City.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 779
  • Icecrowns Pass.png
    Icecrowns Pass.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 763
  • Island afternoon.png
    Island afternoon.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 719
  • Mountain Pass afternoon.png
    Mountain Pass afternoon.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 771
  • Mountain Pass night.png
    Mountain Pass night.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 757
  • Terrain.png
    Terrain.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 776
  • realistic map2.png
    realistic map2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 950
Last edited:
Level 6
The terrain job is free now, we look for a good terrainer who can do things like in the screenshots :)

Level 6
Hey guys, I really need a co-producer which puts much effort into the map. The thing is its soo much to do (too much for one guy). I need someone who is good with object-data expecially ^^ (Knows all kinds of stuff, has good ideas). So well I'm looking forward to your responses!
PS: The thread is a little bit old.. terrain is finished, 6th race is on start, 1/2 of naval forces are done and so on ^^

Level 3
I won't be much help with models, triggers or anything else to do with the physical map, but I can write a description of the map and spice up the faction descriptions a little. Just as a side note, "Fraction" should be "Faction".

If so, just PM me and I'll get right to it.

Level 6
Oh thanks ^^, my english isn't the best, Hmm yeah I could need you later but now I really need the "physical" help :/

Level 2
I know a lot of shit about map developing , (especially triggering) send me a private massage contained your contact information n shit i will help you a lot more than what you need

Status
Not open for further replies.