• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Runescape Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
[rainbow]

Runescape Map

[r]

Developed by devil1d[/rainbow]

Project Members

devil1d - Project Leader/Abilities/Creatures/Terrain

tonyrydland - Co-Developer/Terrain/Abilities/Structures
indomitable1319 - Co-Developer/Grammar/Spelling/Tooltips

EvilCrizpy - Terraining/Triggering

DsDarkMaster - Stats/Triggering/Balancing

darkzxx - Triggers/SimpleDialogs/Units/Mazing/Simple Spells

Eldubs - Balancer/Suggester

InfinateAnswers - Skills/Innovation

darkdoom - Triggering/Model Attachment

Rpgman509 - Tester/Feedback

theHunt_errr - Terrain/Feedback/Tester

siegaeditor - Tester/Terrain/Stronghold-Primary Levels

WOWWARS - Doodads/Destructibles/Items/Custom Spells

zulrivers - Music

real138 - Triggers/System Developer

millzy - Terraining/spells/Trigerring (GUI)

Mouzyy - Summoning Skill

mouseman89 - Tester/Triggers

medion555 - Dialogs

LostKnight02 - Tester

--

Lime-Colored and Bold text means the member's active.
Dark Red and Italic text means the member's inactive.

Important Information

1. Map will be released in THREE seperate maps.

The reason this cannot be completed with the 'Epic' size of a Warcraft map is because the size of the real Runescape area will be too large to cover in a single map. It will be divided into:

The Wilderness

The Wilderness is the most ferocious place in Runescape, and is the known as the Graveyard for careless players. The Wilderness will also have the strongest creatures, and where the Player Versus Player feature will take effect. There will also be training spots for players to get stronger and level up like Strongholds, and we will try to place the Tzhaar Fight Pits as well. The God Wars dungeon will also be included in The Wilderness. This map will have all the combat aspects of the game, so this is basically a huge, endless arena. Take note, there will not be many quests here.

The Cities

The cities will be more on the more 'social' and 'industrious' skills of Runescape. The cities will be lush areas fit to what Jagex has created; but of course still mantaining a small part of the game's combat aspects. Though, this part of the production has been halted due to lack of members, and the location of all the quests.

Daemonheim

Ah; Daemonheim. To those that are not familiar with that term; Daemonheim is the host of the newest skill known as Dungeoneering. Here, you will fight for the way out using only what you find in each floor. Each floor provides a new challenge, so it's best to take some other adventurers for you. You can either play in a 'Survival of the fittest' environment, or support each other and use the 'All for one; one for all' tactic.

As for now, we are working on The Wilderness, because it's more of a basic concept, since it's all about fighting and Player Versus Player battles and epic Boss Battles. Hopefully when The Wilderness is done and released, we will have other members that are ready to work on the Cities and Daemonheim.

2. We need more members.

Right now, at this moment we need:

- Makers and Triggerers of the Runes required for spells. For now, don't bother with the other runes, just work on the basic elemental runes. -
- Equipment for players -
- The Wilderness Terrain -
- Spell Books and Spells for Enemies and Players -
- Monster models and monster placement -
- Bosses -
- Stronghold Of Security Triggers and Enemies -
- God Wars Dungeon; Zamorak, Bandos, Saradomin, Armadyl -
- Terrainers for different cities and nature areas -
- Daemonheim Floor Creators and Triggerers -
- Daemonheim Decorators -

3. Feedback and Suggestions are very helpful to the project.

All your suggestions and bug reports affect the project. All of your suggestions help to make the map better, and bug reports make sure the map is clean and working properly!

Inculded with this post in the latest release of the map, enjoy and remember #3 of the information!

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 4,194
  • Castle.jpg
    Castle.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 21,394
  • Church.jpg
    Church.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 2,300
  • Cows.jpg
    Cows.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 2,061
  • Graveyard.jpg
    Graveyard.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 7,643
  • Guards.jpg
    Guards.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 38,373
  • Oasis.jpg
    Oasis.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 2,606
  • Swamp.jpg
    Swamp.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 2,704
  • Skills.jpg
    Skills.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,471
Last edited:
Level 5
emm would anione tell me how i can make the damage appear on top of a unit ??
presently i am using the crit strike's thing any othr alternative anione ?

Level 1
Its possible to make it like runescape with the healthbars on top, but i dont know how, cause its hard. Look up a tutorial 'Health Bar'

Level 5
sorry if i dont post the credits for the models
i will once the full map is done i dont mean to be of any disrespect
and i would also like to know how to respawn a dead unit in x time ?
at present i am able to respawn a unit only instantly

Level 5
nope i plan on it being multi presently it seems to be working out othr players cant attack you as long as your not in the wild still a lot more work needs to be done

and i set my album to public u should be able to view them now :)

k i am gonna upload the lumbridge part of the map soon hope u would improve it
an i have used a lot of the models which i will most definitly give credits too as soon as the whole map is done also i have uploaded anothr screenshot of the boss toz-ket jad
if possible would someone give me a link to a model of a cow ?
also i do need a model which looks somthing like this

Attachments

• corporeal_beast.gif
    corporeal_beast.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,822
Last edited:
Level 5
i was using tht cow model u had given me but i requested anothr one since the model looked more like a bull than a cow and could someon post a model which looks like the one i requested ?

Level 5
Runescape Preview Version

yep the definitley i am uploading a preview version right now
and yes i was talking about that beast please try and make it :)
ok i am uploading wat has been done so far if
just doing that so that u can modify it or give me suggestions on wat to do next having trouble with the desert an swamp parts at the moment its a small map i plan on making it bigger every time i complete an area

Attachments

• Runescape preview version.w3x
    901 KB · Views: 195
Level 5
Your Map

Current Status - Unfinished
Review based on - Current Terrain

---------------------------------------
10 - Perfect
5-9 - Great
3-4 - CD (Constantly Developing)
2 - God Help you
1 - Go die in hole.
---------------------------------------

(Based on the map not the pictures)

Castle - 3
Church - 5
Graveyard - 6

Animal Pens - 4

Total - 18 out of a possible 40
45% -EF (Epic Fail)

Edit - Suggestions
1. Remake the Castle area
2. Finish the town of Lumbridge before you start on another area.
3. Add more Models (ex. Add some new tree models, and get some walls in there[ill post some links later in another EDIT])

some model links
1. Tree - Click Here
2. Wall - Click Here
3. Door (for castle inside) - Click Here
4. Chest - Click Here
4. Weapons - Click Here

Last edited:
Level 5
thank you for the excellent feedback
but i havnt added any trees since in runescape you can cut down trees an use it for many othr purposes so i need to do a lot of triggering on it which i need help on i thought i'd basically just make the map an implement the monsters/skills first then add the trees an stuff
and if possible could u terrain the swamp/desert area an upload it then i could begin work on the monsters over there
and i'd be extremely grateful if you could terrain the whole f2p part of the map
and about the weapons emm need to work on that too since i can add weapons only after i bring in all the 3 fighting styles mage/range, thinking of adding sumnining too which should be easy but how to implement the many spells of rs in a wc3 map is getting me pretty confused
so techniacally the whole game is completely dependant on somthing else so the only thing which i found where i could start an not get tangled up later in the game was the mapping so its pretty important to develop the whole map before i can add trees,ores,minigames,bossfights, also i am thinking wether i shoudl just make the game fighting only without any of the rest of the skills

Level 6
nope i plan on it being multi presently it seems to be working out othr players cant attack you as long as your not in the wild still a lot more work needs to be done

and i set my album to public u should be able to view them now :)

k i am gonna upload the lumbridge part of the map soon hope u would improve it
an i have used a lot of the models which i will most definitly give credits too as soon as the whole map is done also i have uploaded anothr screenshot of the boss toz-ket jad
if possible would someone give me a link to a model of a cow ?
also i do need a model which looks somthing like this

That looks like a zergling to me. Only... not a light gray, darker greenish gray.

Level 5
That looks like a zergling to me. Only... not a light gray, darker greenish gray.

o yea your right never looked at tht creature that way have only seen it in runescape guides/videos it does look like a zergling
hmm but i need a model which looks like that creature i tried the zergling dosnt look so bad but still needs to have a longer neck an some teeth
guess i'll have to improvise with that if no one comes up with a model :(

Level 9
That big creature that you have shown... Thats a corperal beast yeah? Thats probably going to be, Level 735. Theres probably no way you are going to use that thing in the game especially if people choose to play this game alone, It takes a small army to kill that thing.

Level 5
actually lol i have put toztk-jad in the game atm an it can be pwned by a group of player and in any case lol the fun of runescape is in multi player right ?
oo tyvm dialga should be good i plan on using either the hydralisk model or the lava spawn model as tht dark minion summoned by the corporeal beast if anione got any othr alternatives feel free to post
yay i just implemented the ranger/mage/warrior class switches
now checking what skills i should impart
also waiting for hunter's reply to see wether he'll terrain or wether i should terrain
emm i need an approval for this idea in skills
Ranger-
1)Fletching-higher fletchig level better arrows u can make
2)Range-higher range lvl means more damage and increase the range u can attack
3)Technique/special attack- leveling this up gives better special attacks an lets u use differnt typesof bows and arrows
the 3rd skill will be complex to develop if anyone has a better idea please do suggest
for Mage
1)Runecrafting- better runes u can make
2)Combat magic- higher level lets u use diffent types of combat magic
3)Teleport magic- better level means better places u can teleport to

PROBLEM !!!!
Dang i just hit a major road block
i implemented the spell book ability to switch between classes
but now i again implemented the spellbook ability for runecrafting as well as fletching so when i open the ability for fletching i get the options to switch classes too :(
trying to look for ways to get around this if anione gets a good idea to go around this please do post or if u have an entirely new idea please definitely post!!

Last edited:
Level 5
K here it is
if its possible try to fix the fletching skill of the ranger
o and i did make a few changes to the charecter just check it out i have implemented it to only the first player just too see if it works
omg dang map is already 1.39 mb .....
i guess we'll have to use somthing to compress it soon

Attachments

1.4 MB · Views: 118
Level 6
Even though I despise fail..ru..ruu... *somebody hits my back*RUNESCAPE with a DEEP hatred, I..I...*eye looks bloodshot and nearly pops out* think this actually looks kinda good. Might download.

Level 5
Even though I despise fail..ru..ruu... *somebody hits my back*RUNESCAPE with a DEEP hatred, I..I...*eye looks bloodshot and nearly pops out* think this actually looks kinda good. Might download.

lol i dont suggest you download the ones i posted
those arent even ready if u want u can check those out an gimme some feed back maybe even edit it an make it better ?

Level 6
I remember seeing something like this a long time ago, I don't think it was ever finished though. Personally I never liked Runescape, nor most MMORGP's.

Also for your one model thing, if you download Gmax I don't think it would be too hard to edit it. As I recall, last time I looked at the zergling models they weren't too hard to figure out (a lot of them in WC are just made out of planes and used alpha maps really heavily so I get confused). I think if you just scaled it up you would be good, the UV's shouldn't change from that.

Level 5
Wow nice work on the entrance of church :thumbs_up:
as well as the swamp but could u reduce the amount of water dosnt the rs swamp actually have more like swampy lands an less amount of water i'll upload a picture an a link
an if possible i am uploading anothr map with the range skill implemented it so when your done with the map if u can please do copy the range skill/skill triggers/ranger items. this is so that i can work on the mage skill an not worry about copying a lot of information back to the map you post so u can take your time on the map an i can continue working on the skills :huh:
but i wouldnt mind if you dont
and i would really really really love it if you'd do the whole terraining for the RS Map
we could just move on from each area to anothr once were done with the lumby thing i'll begin on draynor so you could start terraining it while i develop the skills/bank/monsters for draynor place :grin:
that is just a possibility but would love it if you could work on this like a partner :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYjpKjHrwc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQ4f_ppgfE

Attachments

965.1 KB · Views: 106
  • lumb14[1].png
    lumb14[1].png
    40.3 KB · Views: 313
Level 15
if you need help with triggering some stuff i can do some systems for you. im good with triggering. Even though i despise runescape now i used to love it(until i learned i could sell my account and make like 60 bucks and buy a better game lol.) just write back here or shoot me a pm or vm and ill try my best to make it. if you need any proof that i can trigger look at the resource section i uploaded 3 things there(not my best works but ya works nonetheless)

Level 5
Runescape Wild Map

Ok as i said before the whole of runescape wont fit into a warcraft map
so dividing it into 2 parts
The Wilderness(in development)
this part is purely the combat aspect of runescape u can fight other players in this area battle the strongest monsters an deadliest of foes
also so that you dont get owned by other players the instant u enter the wild i am implementing the strongholds of security to train
also thinking of implementing the tzhaar fight pits here as well

The Regions (Being developed)
Here we will be implementing all the quests/skills
immense oppertunities to make money

so presently we will be just concentrating on the wilderness part as it focuses purely on combat aspect of the game in order to develop the region part i need a whole lot more help since it requires advanced triggering
need more ideas on what to do with it

Wilderness (in Development)
ok here are some files showing how the wilderness should look like
please do help hunt to do the terraining works an i wont be online till 31st of march due to tests
so progress on my part will be slow
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=runescape+wild&search_type=&aq=f

the above video is what combat would be like in the wild also check that so u can get an idea of the terrain
so hope u guys will get the terraining work done by april:thumbs_up:

Attachments

• wild1lc8.png
    wild1lc8.png
    719 KB · Views: 3,185
Last edited:
Level 5
Thanks for helping

i'll be glad if you join the team
well an i think i have the perfect job for u too :D
emm since i'll be off till arpil would it be a big bother to you if you copy/paste
the triggers an the abilities from the runescape preview map to the runescape wild map ?
both are up for viewing in this thread just look through it :D:thumbs_up:
an thanks for helping we need all the help we can get :smile:

Level 6
What... The... ****? I am also making a RuneScape map... I will soon show it to y'all but at the moment I am still working hard on the terrain. No offense, but you need alot better terrain than this if you want people to play the map =/ I recommend using some custom models.

Level 5
thanks for copying the triggers
but u dont seem to have copied the objects an abilities ??
please do so if you can :)

Level 5
Hi,
Just looked at your thread and I thought: Finally, someone making Runescape!
So okey, I looked at your map and it was good. I do hope you make an campaign as you probably want. Then why don't you use more tiles? you can have up to 16 different tiles, and then the river at lumbridge is not that good, sorry :D, but you need help right? use the terrain tool and smooth it. But nice work! Another thing is, you should have ONE hero that can train different things like fishing, woodcutting and stuff, can be done with triggers. example you got the "spells" of the different things and let us say woodcutting, then if your hero cut x trees, a trigger will upgrade the woodcutting spell/ability. Now we just have to do something so the exp shows ;D. Ok There are other things to, but it is a new started project i think so it is good. But with the ONE hero it can also have attachments. Not many different, just the basic first so it will not go in a crash. Could have armor, shield and weapon. Thats all, and another thing is the terrain, not quite good at several places, but the structur is very good placed. Yeah thats what I have to say.
Now, I would like to help you if you want.
These things is what I am good at:
Terrain
Trigger

{EDIT 1}
Hi, I have finished terrain the Lumbridge Castle! Tell what You think, wanted to have it as simple as possible.
164814-albums3111-picture26345.jpg

164814-albums3111-picture26344.jpg

164814-albums3111-picture26343.jpg

164814-albums3111-picture26342.jpg

{EDIT 2}
Hi, forgot doors. But tell me what you think? ;D And Devil1d remember to add me to the Project as Terrainer, Triggerer and abilities :D

{EDIT 3}
working on the things outside the castle buildings etc.

{EDIT 4}
lolz have to remove the tiles and replace them ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.