• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruitment: The Elemental Encounters

Does this map sound good?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
DarkZealot, i want to join as Story/Description Maker.
EDIT: Ah, maybe i'll apply for 3D artist too, how about this? (See WiP picture)
Is this qualify to be Death Knight?
The size is horrible, you know....
If yes, i'll make the portrait too.

Attachments

• DeathKnight.mdx
    265.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DeathKnight.jpg
    DeathKnight.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
_PV: Sorry but I am already using a recipe system off hive (because I couldn't bother to make one.)

-Peper: I'd be happy to appoint you as the story maker and 3d artist but try bring the size of the model down as far as you can (I will use it as the deathknight anyway because it's an impressive model.) Feel free to ask me if you would like me to get a 2nd 3d modeler though because you might need to do alot of models.

Level 22
Okay, i'll optimize it by squisher.
(The size will be same but different when imported, i'll delete unessesarry vertex)
EDIT: Hmm, are you want me to remove the weapon? So you can attcah one.
EDIT2: Portrait and Icon done!
The icon made-by-myself, super-cool right?! Hehe, i got photoshop skills too! (Woohoo i'm perfect! Joking...) And don't open the model with any model viewer, that is squished.

Attachments

• DeathKnight.mdx
    238.8 KB · Views: 99
  • DeathKnight_Portrait.mdx
    42.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Deathknight.jpg
    Deathknight.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 770
  • DeathknightIcon.blp
    21.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Level 22
Yeah, i haven't removed it.
So, what class i should make the model?
EDIT: Fucked! kidding, maybe we need to find some advanced mapmaker to test and find leaks? Cause that is needed in every maps.
EDIT2: Hey, because it has a save load and recipe system, why not adding pickup-and-attach-items system? it would be great combined to other system. its like power-up-and-make-your-hero.but don't use trigger on them. Leak.

Last edited:
Level 13
Hi, I could help as a BETA tester, I am not good with finding leaks in triggers; But I am very good with finding and fixing: balencing issues, boring gamplay, bad discriptions, bad models, problems with units, and bad terrain. Oh, and i'm also good at making systems ^^

Level 15
Darkzealot, i wonder if i can become a betatester, and if i can i can make suggestions? I am making my own project at the moment, but i am a crazy gamer. +5 hours in day and i can try your map with my buddies. Ofcourse i trust my buddies perfectly and i understand map copyright as i have been gotten my map stolen a few times. Please consider me as a option for a betatester, as i played warcraft for 7 years and i know all possible things i can suggest and stuff.

Level 13
@Darkzealot_128, if you want to make a boss battle a little more epic then usual, you should incorperate some boss music.
This is the epic one I'm using for my map, but you are free to use it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L983ORZ89a8

EDIT: so even if the file size might be big, do you think the music is good though?

Last edited:
It will be hard to find music with a low size. And also, i'm going to create a group so we can discuss the project in there and -Peper- can post his models there. Contacting an admin about creating the group now.

Edit: Now i'm needing 2 spellmakers to make 5 spells for each class because I realised I will die if I have to make 45 spells by myself.

Last edited:
Level 22
Mage and Rogue
And how about my opinion about pick-and-attach and music?
EDIT: lol!! You had i mistake in the Description.
You forgot [ in front of /SIZE]
Use this for interesting table view.

PHP:
[Size=6][FONT="System"][B]The Elemental Encounters[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Now, the first thing you will prolly be thinking is "What is this map?" What this map is is a map where you pretty much battle some hard bosses. [/COLOR]

[table][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Features[c]Save/load code
Item recipe system
And some really epic bossfights
Or maybe even a pvp system[/table]

The reason I called it the elemental encounters is because you have encounters with elemental bosses that you try to kill. 
[table][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]The bosses[c][B][U][COLOR="SandyBrown"]Earth (complete but needs fix)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]Dark (complete)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"]Light(complete)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Fire (complete)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Silver"]Wind (in progress)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Ice (in progress)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]Water[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Nature[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Blood[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]Poison[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Electricity[/COLOR][/U][/B]
[U][COLOR="Sienna"]Demonic[/COLOR] 
[COLOR="DimGray"]Iron[/COLOR][/U]
[COLOR="Cyan"][U]Arcane[/U][/COLOR][/table]

[B][U][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Classes are prolly going to be:[/FONT]
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Shaman[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]Mage[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"]Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Warlock[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Druid[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Silver"]Warrior[/COLOR]
[COLOR="YellowGreen"]Hunter[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Rogue[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Death Knight[/COLOR][/U][/B]

[COLOR="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="4"]Right now I am about 40% of the way through making this map so this is definately going to happen and I will add the map file itself and improve this description when I consider it 75% complete[/SIZE][/FONT].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[hidden=And here are the elemental bosses!]
Dark:[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/193066-albums3796-picture35262.jpg[/IMG]
Earth:[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/193066-albums3796-picture35263.jpg[/IMG]
Fire:[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/193066-albums3796-picture35264.jpg[/IMG]
Ice:[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/193066-albums3796-picture35265.jpg[/IMG]
Light:[IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/193066-albums3796-picture35266.jpg[/IMG]
 [/hidden]
[SIZE="5"][hidden=Boss Explanations:]
[hidden=Earth:]
Earth: 
[COLOR="Silver"]Repeating events:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Magma strikes:[/COLOR] The earth master goes into a fit of rage for about 5 seconds, dealing 120-160 damage dealing AOE.
Earthquake: The earthmaster does a mighty stomp, shaking the ground and dealing 100-150 damage in an area of 300.

[COLOR="DimGray"]Phases: [/COLOR]
[COLOR="SandyBrown"]Phase 2[/COLOR]: In the earthmaster's phase 2, he goes into a rage after going down to 50% health and summons two powerful rock golems and then starts summoning shockwaves every few seconds, dealing 80-140 damage in an area of 300.[/hidden]

[hidden=Darkness:] 
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Repeating events:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Ambush:[/COLOR] The lord of darkness' minions occasionally slip out of the shadows, dealing damage to their victims.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Meteors:[/COLOR] Throughout the fight, meteors will occasionally fall down into the area, dealing damage to whoever it hits, dealing 90-160 damage.

[COLOR="Black"]Phases:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="black"]Phase 2:[/COLOR] Phase 2 is activated once the lord of darkness' health is at 80 percent. He will then dissapear after summoning 10 dark minions who you have to kill. After you have killed them, the dark lord respawns.
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Phase 3:[/COLOR] When the dark lord is down to 40% health, once again he summons 10 dark minions and dissapears again. Once they all die, he respawns again, leaving the rest of the boss fight tank and spank.
[/hidden]
[hidden=Light:] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Repeating events:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Orange"]Arc light:[/COLOR] Every 30-40 seconds the light boss damages all units in an area of 300, dealing 120-170 damage. Would like to thank crillepro for the effects.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Random damage:[/COLOR] Every 10-19 seconds of game time, the light lord targets an individual unit randomly, dealing 150-200 damage.
[COLOR="Yellow"]Purge:[/COLOR] Every 15-23 seconds of game time, the light lord purges all units in an area of 300, making the victims lose 100-150 mana/

[COLOR="LemonChiffon"]Phases:[/COLOR]
[COLOR="PaleGreen"]Phase 2:[/COLOR] When the light lord goes down to 40% health, he goes into a rage and summons 10 light minions by his side, as well as rapidly summon meteors down to the area for the rest of the fight.
[/hidden]
[hidden=Fire:] Coming soon[/hidden]
[hidden=Frost:] Coming soon[/hidden]
[hidden=Wind:] Coming soon[/hidden]

[/hidden][/SIZE]
[COLOR="Lime"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]The recruitment:
(It will be a small team and in order to become a member of the project you must have more than 10 rep and promise not to show the map to anyone whilst it is in progress.)
1. [B]1 BETA Tester[/B]
2. [B]2d artist to create icons.[/B]
3. [B]2 spellmakers to make the spells for all the classes.[/B]

[CENTER][table]Current members of the project[c]Position[r]
Darkzealot_128[c]Triggerer and project leader[r]x3Glike[c]2d artist responsible for loading screen and map preview picture and is also responsible for game trailer.[r]-Peper-[c]story maker and 3d modeler[r]Zealon[c]1st beta tester and maybe assistant triggerer[r]eldubs[c]beta tester[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/table][/CENTER]

Attachments

• Rogue.zip
    91 KB · Views: 53
  • BTNRogue.blp
    17.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Mage.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Level 22
Sorry, i don't know what is the problem.
But i fixed it, either deleting unnesessary GeoAnims or other. Paladin works now!
Getting to fixing others.
EDIT: I have a suggestion, our hero can learn the skill from elemental bosses they defeated.
And if you want a spellpack Elemental Spellpack
EDIT2: DeathKnight and his portrait fixed.
Test him.

Attachments

• aaa.JPG
    aaa.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Paladin.mdx
    144.3 KB · Views: 69
  • DeathKnight_Portrait.mdx
    26.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DeathKnight.mdx
    237.6 KB · Views: 60
Status