• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garden's Tale - Member Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
full

Hello.
So we have this little big project named Garden's Tale. It's a very ambitious project aiming to create a very unique and addicting map. More info can be found in the project thread.

We have quite a number of broad openings in multiple fields and partitions in the project. Because the map will have multiple gameplays added into it. So in other words, we are adding multiple map into a single game in a unique fashion.

General basic requirements you must have:
  • Creative
  • Have decent skill in your field
  • Not a very busy person
  • Have the dedication to do the job properly
  • Don't have any other project going
  • Aware to be working on a quality project
  • Ready not to be paid
  • Understand that you are not working for me. We are working together to have fun and learn new things.
  • Understand that these job openings are not purposed to make the map as great as possible. The listed features will still be added with or without any help.

OPENINGS
I. General
You are going to work for general contents of the map.
  • 3D Modeler (1/-): Creates simple object/decoration models.
  • Animator (0/-): Transfers animations between models as well as tweaking those animations to fit the new model.
II. Animal hunting mini-game
This map have a mini-game called "animal hunting". This mini-game will be unlocked when you befriend with Leon the Lumberjack, which hunting is his hobby. He will give you a free simple gun to start. The task is to hunt animals and looting items (forest and animal goods).​
  • Coder (0/1):
    • Jobs:
      • Program the core mechanism of the game. Details are given later.
    • Additional Requirements:
      • Knows and creative enough to code "3D scrollable world" as hunting field (endless forest in a limited area). A simple example is this map. But you have to make the 3D version.
      • Skill to write decent vJass codes.
      • Have dedication to make a comfortable game mechanism as possible.
  • Design consultant (0/1):
    • Jobs:
      • Provides ideas for mini-game contents.
      • Have creative ideas in mind.
      • Open to feedback.
      • Communicative.
  • 3D Modeler (0/-):
    • Jobs:
      • Creates animal and creature models.
      • Creates weapon models
      • -
If you are interested and qualified to join the team, you can contact me via PM or make a post below.

Last edited:
Level 2
Well,I might not be a very good terrainer,but i think i do well for a start.
PM me the details and tell me what you want/need to be done if you still need a terrainer. I will try my best in my spare time.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Dependent on kind and complexity of the required models I am up to one or another, request-styled.

Kazeon

Level 33
Well,I might not be a very good terrainer,but i think i do well for a start.
PM me the details and tell me what you want/need to be done if you still need a terrainer. I will try my best in my spare time.
Just wait for the next WIP footage. It will preview what kind of terraining I need. But it's not happening soon tho. It's kind of big step forward.
Mostly you will construct houses using these models. Which is a bit painful.

Dependent on kind and complexity of the required models I am up to one or another, request-styled.
Not complex at all I suppose. Just some plants and crops models.

Hmm, I'm neither a terrainer, neither a modeler, neither a designer.
I'm a simple trigger-er/spell maker.

However, I kind a want to see the triggers used in this map (for learning purposes) :p
Trust me. You can't learn well just by reading somebody else's code. Moreover undocumented one. The best way is probably by asking me how to do something and I will explain it in general then you experiment it by yourself.

Level 2
Just wait for the next WIP footage. It will preview what kind of terraining I need. But it's not happening soon tho. It's kind of big step forward.
Mostly you will construct houses using these models. Which is a bit painful.

Not complex at all I suppose. Just some plants and crops models.

Trust me. You can't learn well just by reading somebody else's code. Moreover undocumented one. The best way is probably by asking me how to do something and I will explain it in general then you experiment it by yourself.

So,you need me to play minecraft in warcraft :D
Wouldn't be a problem then,i guess.I am kinda busy with the uni at the moment,but i will have some free time next week.

Kazeon

Level 33
So,you need me to play minecraft in warcraft :D
Wouldn't be a problem then,i guess.I am kinda busy with the uni at the moment,but i will have some free time next week.

Don't push it. Just do when you are totally free. ;)

Sounds easy, if textures are provided.

Textures are not provided haha!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh well, hehe...
Then it depends what you need.
There are tons of free textures around the web, so that should not become a problem.

Level 3
Um. Well hello there. I can try to make you some terrain or city desigh or what you want%. I dont have a lot of time per week - so dont expect me to do every day something + I am not pro thats for sure, but can do some good work =)

P.S. I am still learning in my skill, but we can try right?)

Kazeon

Level 33
Um. Well hello there. I can try to make you some terrain or city desigh or what you want%. I dont have a lot of time per week - so dont expect me to do every day something + I am not pro thats for sure, but can do some good work =)

P.S. I am still learning in my skill, but we can try right?)

Sure. I'm going to upload the next update video soon. You can use it as reference on what kind of terraining you are going to do.

EDIT:
Hey, the video is uploaded. It's on the first page.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hello there, I can offer some help in modeling I guess and I have some experience in triggers, still need the help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.