• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Let's make a '' DEATH RACE '' Map (Any voluntary please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
WELCOME TO THE DEATH RACE !

What is this '' Death race '' ? :

-The Death race is a multiplayer race with deadly cars or trunks every one of them fight for his freedom and it gonna be a lot of traps, action, explosion, fury, speed... ! It like a tournament full with unforgettable moments ! This ''Race'' goes all arround Azeroth by making a round on a specifed point to the finish line by going throw dangerous places and traps (It like Azeroth Grand Price of Blizzard Entertenment but TOO MUCH hardful, you know what I mean ?! ) At the end, only one Survivor can make his way out of the ''DEATH RACE''

What are the ''Rules'' ? :

The Rules are simple. Everybody for himself ! When the race start you going work as a team (10 members in one team) and then much further everybody will fight for his freedom by getting out alive from the race !
Beside, You gonna come cross extraction point that activate traps to turn it on your opponent ! With out fogotting also the area dangers...

- Rule n°1 : You stop in the middle of the road over then 15 seconds , You get killed ! (BOOM)
- Rule n°2 : You can use maching guns when it upload in your cars !
- Rule n°3 : You can repair your vehicle in some repair station.
- Rule n° 4 : The two survivors at the end of the game goes in a sevral '' DEATH TOUCH ''

How The Race goes (Membres) ?

It gonna be like 12 group of players, each group will have ten membres leaded by a team leader.

What I need for this Race ?

I need assistance and help to create this map (It not just a simple map ! I talking about a very LARGE map over size off 480x480 ! It include all the country off Azeroth (Northrend, Kalimdor, Lordearon.... A long march arround the world ! So what I need is this :

- Terrain Makers
- Moderators (Cars Maker)
- Triggers Maker (JASS/GUI)
- Sounds Makers
- Testers

When we gonna Start this map ? :

For now seens we are in school season, beside. I too busy with my campaign now, I think it will be wise to let this work untell vacancy, don't you think ? And maybe discuss how we do it ( IT A HARD WORK ), no kidding !

Last edited:
Level 28
I do not exactly like the concept of racing in wc3. Glideon made a good try of creating one but I think it failed, I did not find it fun. Maybe that's just me though, idk.

Why not ? Of course I know it very hard and professional work! It not a work of two weeks or month, maybe a ''Year'' or more...!? But if we didn't give up and keep practicing it! That will prove to be the best ever multiplayer map ever made! .... It worthy to try...!:ogre_haosis:

Level 28
I just don't find it fun, idk.
I understand !

And it's not about how long it takes, more like wc3 is too limited for a good racing game.
You know... there is a tool that can make large map of size 428x428. (It change World editor format and make it unlimited). But my point is : To make a lot of different places (Northrend, Kalimdor,...) like I sow in such maps in this Hive workshop...

One last thing did you play that map Azeroth Grand Price of Blizzard ? I really like it! That's why I wan make one like that...
But I don't know anything about JASS triggers...:ogre_rage: Help!!?

Level 28
I gonna make a furious ''Tournament'' (I big one!), like blizzard tournament race ''AzerothGrandPrice.w3x''! The only difference that make this race ''so special'' is that it there will be not just 6 or 7 cars in the stand! I'm talking about groups of player (Nearly 140 members inside the map) with various cars to choice! Armed with guns, levels... and many more!
It a big, big, big map of the whole world of Azeroth (that's mean you can pass throw your car arround Northrand and Lordearon... you know Every side)

The Rules are like you watched that movie knowen as ''Death Race'' but in warcraft style, you know... explosion, traps,... (Not HD of course!)

At the end, ONE get out alive from the race and then...... Congratulation !!...

Level 28
Include me as one of testers. It'd be cool to see the progress.
You're On the Project! Thank you so much for being part of my project!

You seem really enthusiastic with your project, I hope you the best of luck :)

Thank you! I appreciate that !...

The problem is that, as with every projects...
Ugh, I hate being the demotivational loser but anyway, will you be able to keep the spirit?

I hope so mate :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.